Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Prophecy: MMORPG.com Official Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With next month's Star Wars: The Old Republic release, fans of sci-fi are feeling optimistic. But MMORPG.com's Alex Frieden argues in our latest review that there is already a decent sci-fi MMO on the market in the form of Black Prophecy. Check out Alex's review and then leave us a couple of comments.

Black Prophecy brings a dark tension filled feel to the universe they craft. The graphics and combat are sharp, dark, and boundless. The massive armada on armada space combat scenes do an excellent job of creating the background dog fights as well as your own. Space stations have the intricacies that we would expect for life-supporting hubs in space. Characters that interact with you have a realistic look feel and sound. It is also important to note that voice-acting is done throughout the game. We don’t see a robust first cut-scene and never hear another person talk again as has been all too common until recent times.

Read more of Alex Frieden's Black Prophecy: MMORPG.com Official Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

C'mon! After all this time, they still havent introduced a decent amount of storyline missions`? I mean ''side quests'' are all good and that, but UNLESS ITS A GAME LIKE EVE ONLINE, (which BP ISN'T) these games just dont cut it for me without a major questline to keep it all together.

I beleive, at release, each faction had 1 more storyline mission after training,

and now we got 2, its still nowhere near enoght,,, lol.

I'll be back to this game as soon as they add more missions of the sort!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Having access to only one ship kills the game for me.  I don't understand how you can give them a 9/10 for innovation it should in my mind be zero, there is nothing innovative at all about this game.

If you play the game for a month you will have experienced everything.  Not much content and I did not think end game was that interesting.

The game deserves nothing higher than a 5, mainly because of decent graphics.

• KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    SWTOR should absorb BP for space combat and just change up the models a bit. Done :)
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Played BP in EU beta and thought it was rather nice (aside from the very annoying targeting system at the time). Also the playerbase was retty big at the time. Logged on a month ago again only to see that in the EU the game is rather empty. Shame though, BP had a good setup as space-shooter.

• BlackraynBlackrayn Member Posts: 142

Uninstalled yesterday to make room for SW:ToR client :)

• LegereLegere Member UncommonPosts: 123

Would be great if we could play it in New Zealand / Australia... still unavailable here... by the time we get in, the hype will be over and the game mostly dead.

• hrobertsonhrobertson Member Posts: 22

I played it in the beta and thought it was awful. Even though it's free and I expect they've made improvements, nothing could tempt me back.

"how flying/space combat can and should happen" - Can not believe you actaully wrote that. Baffling.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Sad, really. I remember this being touted as the game that would give EVE a run for its money in the space combat department when it was just in development. Some more competition would have done EVE good.

• mmorpgdoodermmorpgdooder Member Posts: 29

I played Black Prophecy, it was good for a short time. After the prologue there isn't much to do anymore. You still can do missions but as a player i want to know what's going to happen next. Poorly after 2 Expansions there are only 2 new story missions (one for TYI and Genide).

An other thing I dont like is the lack of economy and the lack of sandbox. And if you could make your ship have a based roll like: Fighter, Scout, Tank or Transport would be more intresting. Or atleast be able to buy such ships. The lack of those features keeps players away, and the game starts dying. That pretty poor because this game had a lots of potential to be good, only its wasted. They need to go more to the EvE Online way, ofcourse they need to keep the FreeLancer gamplay implanted.

I hope the 3rd expansion (that comes soon), will do something this way. W'll see.

• KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119

This game is horrible. I was somewhat excited for it since Jumpgate: Evolution was derailed. Got into the Beta some months ago and just sat there laughing at how bad the game was. I mean who are these guys kidding? I'd list my reasons on why ... but I don't even remember them now the game was so f orgettable. Review seems right based on my short memory of it.

• hrobertsonhrobertson Member Posts: 22

Looks like we'll have to wait for Infinity. Shame it's still a few years off.

• jared626jared626 Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Kaez

SWTOR should absorb BP for space combat and just change up the models a bit. Done :)

^Agreed.