Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Build Coming

Comments

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Originally posted by eluldor

Originally posted by DoomsDay01

Frankly, I felt the worst part about this weekend play was the other players. You can tell these were not old school players. You would be clearing an area to get to a device or switch or whatever and people would just run right through you while you were fighting and grab the device or switch or whatever. It doesn't matter if it they will respawn shortly, its the fact that they dont give a crap. That should tell you something about how well the game is along. If the people are ticking you off more then the bugs, then the game is going to be just fine!

Haha so true. I figured with the dark / light side alignment everyone just passing by, while you are fighting, to grab the item are an evil bunch especially with all those Sith out there :P

For the most part, I'd attack other people's mobs while passing by since a couple hits help kill them faster and you can do that with nearly all of the classes. I witnessed a decent amount of other characters helping my main character out in a similiar fashion. When I roled a Trooper through start planet, it was a joke of people grabbing items right infront of me while I'm dealing with the enemies though...freaking smugglers :)

I admit I was one of those that ran through to get to my objective. I do this sometimes because I HAVE tried it the old way... being courteous... and all that usually gets you is ignored and ran over now.

Besides we didn't have much time... I was only a weekend tester. Had to push it. Once release gets here I will slow down quite a bit and take the time to enjoy the game and the Players more.

Now that I have confessed that I will say I assisted some Players in combat or clearing this weekend and at least and few said thanks :)

and Yes, I played a Smuggler  ;)

SW:TOR overall ran fine on my old laptop. I had some issues, some are old and listed in tester's forum, a couple I sent reports on, I filled out almost every report questionaire that popped up. I was thankful for the opportunity to test this weekend.

I think SW:TOR will be ready for release. It's not a sandbox MMO, but for a themepark it's one of the best in years I feel. I had fun... and THAT is amazing to be honest lol.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

During my weekend playthrue i encounter some bugs but not that many, My companion got stuck in textures at times had to relog to fix it.

only crashed one time during the weekend, and some quest klickable items didnt work.

So overall not much bugs on my end, maby i got lucky.l

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Wizardry

Where the game lacks for me cannot be fixed without a complete rehaul.This game left me feeling a lot like i did with FFXIV.A game that COULD have been really good but failed in it's design and or lack of.

I can tell you what this game will do come release,they will work on the UI,that is NOT the game,so does nothing to help the game.

Other than that ,do not expect much to change.I think they got some feedback on lag issues.That fix will be the simple approach,either remove quality or remove objects.

This game needed about another 2 years and some better creativity,so i guess yep a LOT like FFXIV.Housing/ship depth/combat/better crafting,more ideas involving water zones,really there are plenty of areas that the list goes on and on.

It is too bad game development is all about the money,a serious effort here and this game could have been truly amazing/Epic.What i see  is the basic building block of a good game,well aside from the bad class/player design.

Hey atleast SWTOR has a working mail system and mounts / rides. These two things alone made my SWTOR experince 1000 better than FFXIV. It is funny because i never appreciated these basic feature till i got a chance to play this farce called FFXIV.

As far as UI is concerned you have no idea how much i dislike it. And it is not just me for sure but all i can do is wait and hope they fix the UI.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I had very few bugs. And i played it on 3 diffrent computers over 2 weekends. They all had diffrent makeups from my gfs which was the most advanced to her brothers which was the oldest and it ran great on all.

the one issue i had was this anyah quest i didnt kill her like some i just convinced her ot go back to go and as i was leaving instance it turned red and i couldnt move anywhere

I was able to use quick travel to leave but that was the only bug i had. Rest of the play time i had it went great. No bugs at all very smooth running game and i hit lag spikes lke 2 times over 2 weekends so not bad and my fps was 90-120 on all 3 comps.

i dont mind the ui its all at the botom of my screen anyways i actually like my characte and the enemy under the fighting and chat in upper corner so much more them wows ui. 

That said in wow my action bars are always taken up my lower part of my screen so having the whole ui there didnt bother me one bit but i did hear a few complaints about not being able to resize it. Some wanted to make it smaller some wanted to make it bigger for there hdtv's 

so i hope they add the ability to resize the ui for those that want ot. With no addons at launch u hope they make addons available after launch if they arent gonna add resizing of ui to game just for the sake of those that want that customization option. 

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by observer

It seems like some of you can't accept other people's opinions and experiences with the game, so you result by attacking.  It's ok though, because i'm used to real trolls.  They fear any negative feedback to their precious game, and they feel threatened by anything that's not positive.

The problem with this statement is that most of your previous posts were not in fact opinions, but instead were fabrications.  For myself, I have no problem with people having different opinions, but when they over-inflate things into the realm of ridiculous or as you did in at least one post, out right lie, then I will call you on it.  I love the game so far, even though I have some issues with certain things, but you will not find me coming here and making the game sound like trash because I have issues with certain things because I know in the larger scheme of things they are actually very small things.  (In case you want to know, I would like to be able to resize the UI and the jumping animation just looks silly to me.)

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

yeah....I'm sure about it. It's stickied right at the top of the testing forum.

Now, that doesn't mean that we get to keep beta toons at release of course....but at least we can keep testing with the characters we have in the mean time.

They already confirm that no beta characters will be kept when the game launch.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by zakiyawow

yeah....I'm sure about it. It's stickied right at the top of the testing forum.

Now, that doesn't mean that we get to keep beta toons at release of course....but at least we can keep testing with the characters we have in the mean time.

They already confirm that no beta characters will be kept when the game launch.

Apparently regular testers will continue. Weekenders will no longer be testing. (Site is down so we can't read it from the horses mouth, so to speak). All characters will be wiped before opening day.

As far as my weekend(s) of testing, I had no issue throughout beyond a few odd (and sometimes glaring) shadow/tearing and couple of 'stuck on a leaf' locations.

I joined a guild that basically wanted to see what a large guild would do and if there were limits, kudos to the GL for testing. When I quit for the night, they were up around 560 (cant speak to how many were alts). No one reported anything major. A few map issue where the map was blank until you moved to another section of the zone. A few bugged nodes, some shadow issues etc. A couple of folks complained of lag but several of them chalked it up to less than ideal systems. The GL tested it on his gaming machine then on a lower end laptop. Apparently the laptop was rocky but once he turned off a couple of items (like shadows, I don't remember the other ones) it ran passably well again.

All in all I played for 35-40 hours minimum. My only gripe was that my original character from 11.11 test was bugged so i had to spend the bulk of Friday getting a new character back up. *shrug* On the good side, I tried almost everything and found nothing 'bad'. A few things could be better (space combat isn't my thing..i'll run the quests for it for the XP and commendations but it wont be a huge time sink for me unless they make some changes) but overall a good game, a solid game and I for one am looking forward to it. And the 100+ regulars in the guild I was in, from what I could tell.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Lobotomist

The downtime threads have been updated. The server will be down until later this week, while a new build is deployed.

WOOOOOT! Progress!

There will be no character wipe this time (thank gawd!), and we won't have to totally uninstall / re-install the game again.

I wonder how much stuff they will add / polish / tweak and tune before release??

Edit: no build notes available yet.

I thought they said this will be last beta test ?

Maybe the last weekend test....but us full time testers get to keep testing.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Also, I'd like to toss this in:

Many of the bugs that I experienced this weekend were due to the heavy server load / stress testing. Eventually they were ironed out, as adjustments were made by the server teams.

A lot of them were related to the DB server getting hammered, etc.

It was less smooth than the game has been lately, for sure. But it was by DESIGN, so that we won't have these issues come launch.

All in all, I have beta tested a LOT of games....and this one now is one of the smoothest, least buggy that I have seen at this point in development.

It still has some ways to go, but it's shaping up nicely.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

I think they said they will patch not have a new build. Besides new build requires you have to redownload the game.

• EnjoyYourEnjoyYour Member Posts: 15

Really hoping we don't have to DL the whole client again at launch. I found the weekend to be mostly bug free with no crashes and no lag. I had the rogue pixel bug like everyone else, but most other things buggy were minor.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

WOOOOOT! Progress!

Woot!  I hope they make more exciting changes - like maybe limiting the choice of lightsaber colours even more, from 3 down to 1 maybe?  Maybe they can make it so everyone in the game uses the same exact lightsaber colour!

Anyhow, well, that was the cynic in me.  In reality, i truly hope that they take a lot of the feedback to heart  and update the UI customization, add more character creation options, add the neutral alignment and generally improve the alignment options to actually make sense. 

There isn't time to re-build the game, but these changes are worthwhile and would address some big complaints many people have.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• NinjaGazNinjaGaz Member UncommonPosts: 53

Does anyone know if the last build was in debug mode? There should be a lot of efficiency improvements as soon as all that debug information has been removed.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Quesa

After reading the swtor testing boards, supposedly there's a newer build that fixes most bugs, but i'm worried that swtor is launching on the 20th (15th for preorders), and it just felt really unstable.

You are one of the very few, I had about a dozen friends that really only had a few bugs, the worst was getting stuck in random places.  I didn't experience hardly any myself and even the vocal majority of MMORPG active posters didn't because they'd be spitting all over their keyboards to post about them as fast as possible.

I've never had a beta run this good.  Ever.  Exceptions MAYBE LotRO and Rift.

Around this time(less than a month from launch) in STO, YOUR SHIP was being beamed into the Earth Station lobby.

Around this time in AoC, I was getting about 3 fps on low settings with an up to date vid card, and load times were 10-15 minutes.

Around this time in CO...well... it was basically like it is now, only worse.

DCUO?  How about Superman just walking around doing nothing in the starter boss battle?

Originally posted by NinjaGaz

Does anyone know if the last build was in debug mode? There should be a lot of efficiency improvements as soon as all that debug information has been removed.

Pretty sure it was.  If it was the second SWTOR app in my process list taking up 300 megs, seems I recall it still being there last build.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Lobotomist

The downtime threads have been updated. The server will be down until later this week, while a new build is deployed.

WOOOOOT! Progress!

There will be no character wipe this time (thank gawd!), and we won't have to totally uninstall / re-install the game again.

I wonder how much stuff they will add / polish / tweak and tune before release??

Edit: no build notes available yet.

I thought they said this will be last beta test ?

Maybe the last weekend test....but us full time testers get to keep testing.

Ah , cheers than.

Well, what they should do is bring HD textures.

It will do wonders for the game.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

So we'll just have to patch the client?

I wonder what they're adding, as well as fixing?

Originally posted by ghettobooste

Originally posted by Quesa

Originally posted by erinys

This weekend build was really buggy.  The buggiest MMO beta i've ever played in years.  AoC, Lotro, Aion, Rift were a lot more stable.  The only other MMO that was this buggy was, ironically, WoW.

[Mod Edit]

I'm sorry that my experience and opinion with the game makes me a troll.  It's ok to criticize it.  It really is.  Relax and accept that not everyone will share your views.

You mind listing off the bugs you had? 

Just to stick my nose in here...

I experienced ALOT of bugs as well. Much more than the weekend beta I did a few weeks ago.

Only a couple game breaking bugs.

The biggest one was getting stuck in a neverending conversation that never happened at the end of the Trooper chapter 1 spaceship scene. Couldn't progress past that, but there was only 15 minutes left in the beta anyway.

Another was where my mouse would not be able to click anything.

Another was where my companion would not heal me and I had a perpetual green mist on my character.

There were many minor bugs like textures popping in.

A green graphic glitch near some of the taxis.

There were alot of characters getting stuck in walls.

I had problems with companion affection not being counted at the end of quests.

There were tons of audio bugs too. I would constantly hear randon companions spout there lines when they were no where around. Like in the middle of Tatooine all by myself, There were also major issues with npc chatter that would never fade out. In fact not on voice over faded out ever as you got further away. It was all full volue all the time.

I tried to report as many as possible.

Methinx that's an audio positioning issue.  When somebody would run by with their companion, they could be 50m away, but I'd hear their companion's comments like they were right next to me.  NPC banter seems to do this as well.  So I don't think it's so much that your companion is using someone elses dialogue, I think you're just hearing someone elses companion.

I hope they chill the companion banter down a bit.  For whatever reason, my healer seems to need to heal me even when I'm not hurt, and she comments every time.  Gets old, after a while.

I've had the green mist(I think it happens when you dismiss them or switch companions in the middle of a heal), too, but it didn't stop my healer.  Sure you didn't just have the passive button on?

• lordvancelordvance Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by paterah

I think they said they will patch not have a new build. Besides new build requires you have to redownload the game.

Every patch is a new build >.> A new build does not require a full re-download. 

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by lordvance

Yeah it does like this past weekend. On the forums they said this is the launch build.

• FrostWolfieFrostWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 54

This weekend build was really buggy.  The buggiest MMO beta i've ever played in years.  AoC, Lotro, Aion, Rift were a lot more stable.  The only other MMO that was this buggy was, ironically, WoW.

And WoW went on after that to become a smash hit whilst the other mmo's you have listed have been mediocre at best, thus Swtor must be on the right path :P

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99

Originally posted by Raxeon

actully the game just needs to use the gpu of the cards properly

I agree. It seemed to me that shadows were rendered by the CPU, that would explain the 60% fps drop I got when I enabled them. The last game to make that stupid, stupid decision was EQ2 and even they eventually got the game more GPU-powered.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by lordvance

Yeah it does like this past weekend. On the forums they said this is the launch build.

Yes, is the Launch build. with bug fixes, improvements and updates. cant wait

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181

• Getting stuck multiple times.

• Portraits not showing faces for me or group members.

• Companions with glitchy animations.

• Stuck in elevator.

• Unable to loot.

• Trainer not working.

• Quest items not clickable.

• Multiple crashes. (not really a bug though)

• NPC inside of another NPC (unable to turn in quest unless i relog)

• Keybinds and settings not saving. (not sure if it's intended.)

• Tab targetting issues too.

• and others i've forgotten.

I did submit bug reports and took surveys too.  Despite all this though, it's a great game, and hopefully Bioware can patch all this up over time.

I only got stuck once in Essles on a table, other than that it was fine.  I did experience the unable to loot thing (which I just relogged and it went away). 

Biggest thing for me was the Portraits not showing faces for me or group members.  I tweaked some graphics settings and got it to work by doing this:

I had originally changed my shader complexity (or shadow, cant remember the name exactly) to low because of some buggy shadows all over the world.  This fixed the buggy shadows, but I do not recall if my portraits were working before this because it was at the very beginning.  

Later, I went into the shader (shadow) and raised it back to high.  Wallah, my portraits were back in the character tab and dressing room, as well as companion.  Upon restarting the game, my portrait on the UI came back as well, but so did the buggy shadows.  I fixed this still in game by lowering the shadow complexity slider down to about 1/4 (no restart was required) and the buggy shadows immediately stopped.