Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator Debuts

2»

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

As mentioned in some of the other threads on it, it is kind of funny (in that stubbing your toe, falling down the stairs, and forgetting all about stubbing your toe sort of way) - in looking at the various items that you have right now that are going to be level 90 talents.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Another reason for the mass exodus from Wow.  Get ready for many server consolidations next year :)).

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by fivoroth

You never used Disengage? lol? No, wait! Are you serious??

This is MMORPG.com, most of these doods spend their time on forums hyping up the next big thing and hating on WoW. 

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by Mistou

anyone else see this talent calculator and want to throw up a little

Yes,

It quite literally made me throw up a little.

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I can't wait.
  • KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

I don't understand the intention of this "talent system".

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

A talent calculator that counts to 6.  

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

nope, but i wish we could use at least 2 talents from each tier

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

As far is the talen tree being simple: yes, it is, ultimately, rather "simple," but why does everyone always assume that "simple" = "bad?" There are games like Portal that have literally 1 weapon with 2 "attacks" (blue portal, orange portal) and only basic character movement (walk, jump, etc.), and look at all the gameplay variety and creativity that come from those games.

That aside, 3x3x3x3x3x3 is still a pretty good amount of variety by itself. Now add all the potentially different ways your choices could synergize with glyphs, and there's certainly a lot of different builds to play around with here.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I don't have any intentions of going back to WoW any time soon and didn't even play Cataclysm, but I think this is a better direction to go with talents instead of having a shit load of just filler stuff that isn't really all that exciting (which is what they set out to do with Cataclysm and ended up not doing).

A robust talent system to me is one that doesn't rely on people being cookie cutter.  Granted, this doesn't give you too many options, but I like that they're giving much harsher differences between your choices now.  You have to really make tradeoffs.

Addings talents under this system might be a lot less of a burden on the team than under the old systems, too.

And for anyone that PvPs, this should be a godsend.  They'll likely be able to balance around this much more than the old system.

Dunno - just from a former player and now outsider looking in, I think it's a lot better.  Now if they'd stop raising the level cap...

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Here's some feedback to the team. How about you fix this before the year is up. I mean if we are supposed to believe the hype about your actual sub counts that means you are receiving a buttload of money and could effectively fix the talent system NOW. Go ahead, test it on the test servers long before launch of World of Pokemon. I dare you to actually be constructive. But i doubt they will do anything like fix their broken cookie cutter system because just like every other sub only game they rake in the dough but never do anything with it accept advertise. Case in point, the new wow commercial.

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

Ok let me get this right. A april fools joke is now being put through as real content yep WoW is out of ideas lol.

• xeraxxerax Member UncommonPosts: 74

When the put out Cata I was hugely pissed off by the dumbing down and simplifiaction of the the game. The removal of weapon skills the huge reductions of talents and the straight jacketing you within one spec.   Huge choice / variety is what i love.

I never bought the line about only 1-2 , meaningful specs. To me it was a simple case of the game designers trying to give themselves an easier time with balance as the expense of the games colourful variety.

However I did try Cata for 1-2 months. But couldnt continue.

This new system is a joke. I hope it flops so bad that the people who said ok to this have to leave the industry FFXIV style.

• NoyjitatNoyjitat Member Posts: 39

I personally wish they would leave talents the hell alone for once. I'm tired of having to relearn how to build and how to play my character every expansion just because they don't like the way I play.

Blizz devs: "Well they figured out all the new rotations and most efficient ways to play. Time to change it up again"

image,image

• RoccprofitRoccprofit Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Originally posted by Ashlar

Not really.  All it looks like they did was turn talent choices into the equivelant of pen and paper feat choices. What good were the current way of doing talents anyway when there really were only one or two "right" ways of speccing a tree anyway?  There was no choice.  There was just the illusion of choice.  This way it looks like you actually have a choice, because for the most part there aren't must have talents in the new setup.  There are exceptions, but very few,  

Not everybody does the same thing at endgame... it was more than just an illusion of choice.

A very small handful of people do anything different. and the last build of talents there was only one way that brought you max dps. the one before that had options but sadly, I found with my hunter there was only one way to get the best dps and  Iam the type of person that will go through months of trying other things just to prove there are other ways of doing it but, there was not an option on wow's most recent talent spec.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Ya, Blizzard ticked me off with cat expansion. If I had not un-subbed back then I would have after seeing this. Way to restrictive. This is only gona cost Blizzard more subs. SWTOR and GW2 keeps looking more and more applealing every day.