Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Crucible Battlecruiser Spotlight

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

EVE Online fan 'Flamewave' has created a terrific cinematic look at the four new battlecruisers coming with the Crucible expansion set to deploy November 29th. The ships are the Oracle, the Talos, the Tornado, and the Naga. The video also gives a great look at new trails, nebulae and more. Check it out and enjoy the awesome music that accompanies it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Late 2011 is tomorrow? Or did they postpone?
  • Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

I prefer the ships in Star Trek online, more customisation options with both the looks and weapons systems.  The combat system is a lot better too.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Originally posted by Mondo80

I prefer the ships in Star Trek online, more customisation options with both the looks and weapons systems.  The combat system is a lot better too.

Haha... wait, are you serious?

• KanoRainKanoRain Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by ironhelix

Haha... wait, are you serious?

Originally posted by Deleted User

So much of the game is centered around forced grouping that soloing is not an option, major design flaw in my opinion.

^
    ^lol

Yes I'm serious, the EVE ships look nice but what do you really get out of them?  Can you paint them, rearange parts of your ship to make it look different or actively apply a countermeasure to a jamming ablity?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

You can't be serious, Star trek does not have even a 10th the customization options that Eve does.  That has to be one of the more ridiculous statements I have seen on this site.

While I can fly them, I rarely fly battleships, I much prefer the battlecruisers and these new ones will definitely enhance the game.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Yes I'm serious, the EVE ships look nice but what do you really get out of them?  Can you paint them, rearange parts of your ship to make it look different or actively apply a countermeasure to a jamming ablity?

I've played both games and the visual customization options are indeed more extensive in STO but STO at its very essence is pure and unrivaled shit in terms of gameplay without mentioning the whole klingon/monster play aspect.

EVE-Online is to MMO space sims as Everquest is to MMORPGs: a high watermark, one that hopefuly will endure, STO in comparison can barely make it to a WoW private server level of quality in all respects.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

Anyone else think the music did not go very well with the video?  For some reason it reminded me of Final Fantasy V.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

I dear Lordy, lordy lord! They went the way of the Rokh for the Naga's design. I love it, now they just need a battleship version of the Drake and my life is complete.

Oh wait...I don't have my EVE account active. Oh wait, I don't have EVE installed!??!?! 

This video...they just sent me a free...5....day...pass...

....must resist.....

....will...failing...

I'm clicking my heels together, remembering "Greed....is....good. greed...is...goooood"

NO CCP, NOT COMING BACK, NO,NO....

NO!!!!

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I've been impressed with the changes to the development path and the recent flurry of DevBlogs (I've always suggested to them that they increase this type of communication).  I still have an account training and if things keep going, I might log in and play around for a while.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4

I've played both games to but the only way I've seen to customize ships in EVE is to buy a similar ship from a different faction or get one of those tier 2.5 ships and that required a crapload of effort to get one.  I played EVE for 6 months and only ever sucessful as a miner, I tried doing missions in alts but was never really good at them, I never got into or started a corp.  Just mined rocks witha hulk, I averaged 30million isk an hr just selling the ore.  With the skill queing system and phone support to link to it, you could lvl up your guy without even looging in a pc.  Why bother playing it at all?? 

• DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263

I agree, EVE needs to add visual ship customization - think of custom decals.

Oh, and the reason you play is to kick the shit out of other people so bad that they quit logging in even though they paid for a 3 month sub.

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• CailaCaila Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by deathtripp

I agree, EVE needs to add visual ship customization - think of custom decals.

They are this Summer, they have the new V3 Shader and this expansion has half the ships moving to it. The Rest are planned by summer. The V3 Ships will be customizable.

I can not wait to fly a Tornado, just finishing L Projectile Turrents now. =)

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Those are some ugly ships...

CCP needs to run a ship design submission contest and whenever they put out a new ship just pull from that.

Eve has to have the crappiest ship designs of any spaceship video game i've ever played.

At least the game is awesome.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

CCP needs to run a ship design submission contest and whenever they put out a new ship just pull from that.

All 4 Battlecruiser were from a Player design contest.

I like all 4 of them.

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91

I've played both games to but the only way I've seen to customize ships in EVE is to buy a similar ship from a different faction or get one of those tier 2.5 ships and that required a crapload of effort to get one.  I played EVE for 6 months and only ever sucessful as a miner, I tried doing missions in alts but was never really good at them, I never got into or started a corp.  Just mined rocks witha hulk, I averaged 30million isk an hr just selling the ore.  With the skill queing system and phone support to link to it, you could lvl up your guy without even looging in a pc.  Why bother playing it at all?? 

This post is just hilarious (and symptomatic).

You just said: I willingly chose to do the most mind-numbingly boring thing possible and nothing else. Then I got bored. Game's fault!

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Z3R01

Those are some ugly ships...

Eve has to have the crappiest ship designs of any spaceship video game i've ever played.

At least the game is awesome.

I hope you're joking because all of the new ships are player designs submitted from a contest.

As for the video, I noticed that the shots were taken at different stages of development as some had the new trails while others did not.

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3217

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Originally posted by Chram

You just said: I willingly chose to do the most mind-numbingly boring thing possible and nothing else. Then I got bored. Game's fault!

Are you seriously suggesting that it's not that game's fault that overall it has the most boring PvE play in MMO history and that mining -- a necessary activity for the economy of the game to function, mind you -- may well be the most boring activity ever devised by man?

Originally posted by Myria

Are you seriously suggesting that it's not that game's fault that overall it has the most boring PvE play in MMO history and that mining -- a necessary activity for the economy of the game to function, mind you -- may well be the most boring activity ever devised by man?

1. Incursions, DED Complexes and Sleeper Sites are very interesting as well as COSMOS and Epic Arcs. Just because You find it boring does not mean the 300k Subscribers do.

2. There are other ways to get Minerals in EVE and a very large portion do not come from Mining. That said Mining is not boring it is Alt Tabing back to empty your hold every 15Min while you enjoy a Movie. It is AFK activity and if your Core Gameplay is this games Passive Income Generator that is your own fault.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

WoW then all hope is lost

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Caila

Originally posted by Myria

1. Incursions, DED Complexes and Sleeper Sites are very interesting as well as COSMOS and Epic Arcs. Just because You find it boring does not mean the 300k Subscribers do.

2. There are other ways to get Minerals in EVE and a very large portion do not come from Mining. That said Mining is not boring it is Alt Tabing back to empty your hold every 15Min while you enjoy a Movie. It is AFK activity and if your Core Gameplay is this games Passive Income Generator that is your own fault.

Mining in Null or Wormhole space is by no means casual.

Originally posted by Inktomi

Null and Wormholes provide increased income for Miners at the risk of having to keep one eye on local.

But really if you are mining there then something is wrong because there are Sactums, Complexes and Sleeper Sites right next door.

Perhaps if your making Ammo in a Wormhole you would Mine but not that much. Sleeper and Exploration Sites take up most of your time. In Null everything is bought from Trade Hubs and brought down in Jump Freighters.

Originally posted by Caila

Originally posted by Inktomi

Null and Wormholes provide increased income for Miners at the risk of having to keep one eye on local.

But really if you are mining there then something is wrong because there are Sactums, Complexes and Sleeper Sites right next door.

Perhaps if your making Ammo in a Wormhole you would Mine but not that much. Sleeper and Exploration Sites take up most of your time. In Null everything is bought from Trade Hubs and brought down in Jump Freighters.

There is no local in WH space, not unless someone speaks in local, and you never speak in local in W-space, its an unwritten rule. I lived in a WH for the latter half of my EVE tour with my ally. Spamming D-scan while you do everything - ratting, hacking, mining, Pi, escalations etc. C5's are rough because  invaders can bring almost anything in due to the latency of the holes. At least in null you have your local, but that's not always going to show you where people are coming in from. 

Mining in empire space, sure - afk then click roll it over into your cans or preferably an orcas hold. If your using cans then you are subject to the age-old pirate pastime of flipping. And don't forget the random hulkageddon that might start at any time.

What are they up to now IV,  V? Don't know if Helicity even plays any longer.

Anything you do in EVE can run a risk that balances out with the reward ratio. More risk - more reward, less risk - vice versa.

If someone wants to mine then that is their choice of play style, and no one can effectively tell anyone what play style is the best, because everyone is different.