Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware Response to the haters!

13»

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by Vhaln

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I think its a combination of these whats happening here. And the bashers will allways be the loudest.

I know this is going to sound crazy, because people are still assuming TOR will be a hit.. but I think in this case, it's the fans that are the vocal minority.  I'm guessing that massive numbers of disappointed testers have just quietly moved on.  

If I'm wrong, then I've become so out of touch, I should probably give up on trying to understand people entirely, and go live on a mountaintop somewhere.

Please show us proof that the detractors of the game outnumber the fans of the game, let alone by your massive numbers count.  The pre-order numbers alone would prove you wrong, as would the constant polls that Bioware puts out in game and on the beta boards where the overwhelming numbers of players like the game immensely.  This site is infamous for it's trolls, yet they are in fact, small in number.  They merely make it a point to create new posts or visit fan posts to incessantly berate the game and it's followers.  Otherwise, I have no clue where you get the idea that massive numbers of gamers have written off this game and moved on, even by the biased standards of this website.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by tyrannis

Originally posted by kanechart

Originally posted by tank017

huh?

I must have missed them saying that..
    It's a general observation overtime at expo's and stuff. They kind have had a good bold this is what our game is and people who don't like that might not like it. My point is they been pretty good and bold at telling people hey don't like it don't play and rather like blizzard who says maybe maybe maybe they pretty upfront so far.
    Does not mean they will not cross us later on but hey its a start!

Oh so you mean just some shit you made up to satisfy you own desires. Why didn't you just say so up front?

I second that!

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

Bioware is already ruining the game.  They got rid of cc and interrupt combo for mobs in questing.  I wanted a challenge from questing for once and hoped this game would give it but the player community cried cuz they want to rush through the game and get to raiding and the other part are just lamers and want no challenge at all.

No. They want what was promised - a "heroic" feeling game. Trash mobs should be like Stormtroopers or Battle Droids - EASY! Silver mobs a bit more challenging (Super Battle Droids) and Gold should make you 'think'. ELITE bosses should be a challenge.

What people like myself hate is when grinding becomes tedious! When getting from A to B involves killing 100 NPCs and then killing them again to get back!

If you want a challenge, go PvP.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Vhaln

I know this is going to sound crazy, because people are still assuming TOR will be a hit.. but I think in this case, it's the fans that are the vocal minority.  I'm guessing that massive numbers of disappointed testers have just quietly moved on.  

If I'm wrong, then I've become so out of touch, I should probably give up on trying to understand people entirely, and go live on a mountaintop somewhere.

I'll argue this.

The HATERS are the vocal minority (but best trollers) and I bet you that they buy the game at a 9 to 1 ratio...here's why:

Back when COD MW2 went to private servers (like XBOX Live), players boycotted and started petition after petition!

On the DAY the game released, someone took a screen shot of all the people that signed up on the boycott Steam thread – almost every single person that signed up to “boycott” MW2 was in-game, PLAYING it on release day. MW2 set sales records.

COD announces its “elite” service this year for MW3 – again, the outcry is monumental. And again the game set sales records and the folks who claimed they’d never buy were happily in-game playing.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by dougmysticey

Originally posted by Robsolf

There are probably other examples around, but 2 comments that come to mind were comments about:

...people watching the movies probably not dreaming of being Uncle Owen.

...and in response to being able to free-fly through space, they said something like:  "Remember that part in the Star Wars movies where Han says to Chewie, 'Hey, let's blast off into space and just dick around!'.  I don't remember that part, either."

They were both in videos, but I don't recall which ones.

I recall the space comment. They are right to a degree. I do not mind the space combat. it is a distraction and mini game for XP when I want to change it up a little.

Yeah, they did make that comment. Truthfully, I loved the comment because as much as SWG players want to tout SWGs space game as some modern marvel, it lacked any 'content'. The "missions" consisted of (bugs) wave after wave of enemy fighters, more like Space Invaders than anything else - wave of 3, then 3 more, then 3 more, the 2 boss ships, repeat x5.

As AWESOME as it was to fly your ship, the complete lack of sh!t to do with that ship is exactly why space was so barren in SWG - NOBODY went up there. After 3 Aces, I could count the number of random players I saw on 2 hands.

I think people confuse SWG’s customization with a true “space game”. As far as customization goes, I doubt we’ll ever see SWG’s equal. But for “content”, SWTOR’s rail shooter is 100xs better.

What's funny is when I first started playing it, it seemed "kinda" slow moving, but I assumed it was because I was a "novice".  I got used to the slow speed as I played.  I didn't realize how slow til' I'd played X-wing Alliance, then came back this spring to play for my free 45 days.  Holy Jeeez!

I LOVED the various engine art and stuff they created for the upgrades, especially for the X-wing.  One particular one I like where instead of 4 engines you had 2 big engines as vertical strips along the back.

The other thing is... your "freeflight" area got REALLY small once you went to faster ships, engines and boosters.  I remember using hit and fade tactics to take baddies out one by one and out run them, then come back.  I'd end up smacking the invisible wall all too often.

Anyhoo, back to modern day.  ONE thing they could improve is to have Guild ships and missions, where you could have 4+ people on turrets in a ship, with one person piloting.  Each person's reticle would have to track independent of ship movement(to avoid the problems with SWG MP ships), but I think it could be pretty fun.

• dj525dj525 Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by kanechart

What I have noticed overtime is that the people hate the game or dislike it love talking about it and disliking it. I assume people who dislike olives go to their local olive factories and bash them out too. I must give credit to bioware for doing a good job at pretty much telling these people off.

Rather then ignore these people who complain or demand a full redone of the game they pretty much said go eff off this is how our game is made and this is how were doing it.

Thanks Bioware for not ruining the game like Blizzard did for casual wannabe hardcore players.

The only reason Bioware would even tell us people off is because they no their game sucks and the mass amounts of people who dislike it hit them in the nuts and told them it sucks.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

Bioware is already ruining the game.  They got rid of cc and interrupt combo for mobs in questing.  I wanted a challenge from questing for once and hoped this game would give it but the player community cried cuz they want to rush through the game and get to raiding and the other part are just lamers and want no challenge at all.

This is patently false.  Currently in beta as recently as last night.  I get stunned, mezzed, knocked back, snared all the time by just about every mob in the game, that includes regular and champion and elite mobs.  They've even gone so far as to increased the damage and hitpoints of all mobs in the game twice, in the last two builds.  People are even starting to complain that the basic trash mobs are now irritatingly strong.  Especially if you manage to get adds of more than the packs of 3 or 4 in which they normally run.  Even healers are starting to feel the crunch, as I get interrupted constatly when trying to heal from 3 or 4 attackers, let alone any more adds or god forbid a champion gets thrown into the mix.

Same here... I was getting force choked some 2-4 times per Sith elite encounter.  I had to redo a soldier class mission one level over because the FIRST boss mob was just pwning me with constant interrupts, knockbacks, and freezes.  My armor completely broke twice, so I kept having to go repair and completely restart the mission.