Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greatest pile of junk ever

Truely all these glowing reveiw well this one is not.. FX on max setting on a 460gtx.. this game looks so bad it ruins the experience.

Back to WoW. Lala shut the door.

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

It's not a review either.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

I have a top of the range graphics card and on high the game didnt really wow me, but i couldn't care less about graphics in MMO's

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

THIS is your argument? Well done!

• Voracity2325Voracity2325 Member Posts: 40

I wish I was completely hemorroids about graphics. Maybe then my gaming addiction wouldn't be as bad.

For most people, character development and personal story ends upon clicking "Log in" if not "Start Game"

• RegnevanzRegnevanz Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by DarkPony

Would you waste your time reviewing something that looks this bad? They have been rabbiting on about the quality and care they are taking with this IP I am shocked and horrified that Lucas Arts would allow such a disgracefull act of butchery to licience a game with this sort of carelessness in it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Might want to wait until they actually turn filtering on.  But if you turned "settings up to max", you already knew there wasn't any AA in the beta--so can we presume your sole intent is....misinformation?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Regnevanz

Would you waste your time reviewing something that looks this bad? They have been rabbiting on about the quality and care they are taking with this IP I am shocked and horrified that Lucas Arts would allow such a disgracefull act of butchery to licience a game with this sort of carelessness in it.

What bad?

This bad?

edit: better link with more pics

• StuppeStuppe Member UncommonPosts: 59

No game ever looks fantastic EVERYWHERE, you can always find something ugly. Just like in real life yes?

• Voracity2325Voracity2325 Member Posts: 40

Lets make this a little more philosophical. Sorry if you have to google the definition. If you think the game looks bad, why would you waste your time?

For most people, character development and personal story ends upon clicking "Log in" if not "Start Game"

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Agree the graphics are awful

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

What bad?

This bad?

edit: better link with more pics

I nearly lost my lunch when I gazed at the horrid vision you linked in your post. To the OP..surprising to read your post..I never would have guessed your displeasure from the title of your thread alone. I just thought your companion found some really good shite while scavenging.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Although tastes differ, and I respect that, but you need to stop fooling yourself. Especially since you will be playing WoW instead. Obviously graphics don't matter THAT much to you.

I do need to add that AA is turned off for the beta, but that won't make it look photo-realistic either. Just improve it a bit.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Wait. He criticizes SWTORs graphics but goes back to WoW? That was hilarious.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I did have a pretty big issue with seeing jagged lines everywhere. Hopefully it was a setting issue. It would be a good looking game had it not been for those annoying jagged lines.
  • HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

OP, you´re right.

Back to Minecraft.

Wait... drat!

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

The only person that Rabbits on this site is ME! Anyways some people like the game some people dont. I like the game...to me the game is fun!

****Raving Rabbid wonder why people dont create a I hate (insert mmo here) site***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

So your only comment about the game has to do with graphics OP? Is that all that matters to you?

I feel its important to note that anti-aliasing still isn't even implemented in the game. The jaggies you pointed out in your screenshot wouldn't be visible with AA on. I'm sure they will have it ready by release...

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I found a statue in Skyrim that looked atrocious. Very low qualty textures that it was depressing to have to stare at during the quest. It was worse than anything I've seen in SWTOR.

...wait what was the point?

• saluksaluk Member Posts: 325

A "SWTOR GRAPHICS SUCK" post with no mention of the awful low-res textures? For shame. They are worse than RAGE and can't blame it on megatextures. I hope they bump up the detail for release.

You are lucky to see the shadows, I had to turn the shadows off to get the game to run smoothly.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Truely all these glowing reveiw well this one is not.. FX on max setting on a 460gtx.. this game looks so bad it ruins the experience.

Obviously you're not a real tweaker... Your AA and FA are still off, you can set them in your driver settings panel to 16x and 8x, and surprisingly this barley influenced my framerate. Next to that you should also use the sliders in your game settings, shadows is really low at your settings.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by BarCrow 

I never would have guessed your displeasure from the title of your thread alone. I just thought your companion found some really good shite while scavenging.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

The graphics on this game aren't that impressive, but I found them passable.

And really, if you're looking at graphics as the end-all-be-all feature of an MMORPG...then I think you're misguided.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by saluk

A "SWTOR GRAPHICS SUCK" post with no mention of the awful low-res textures? For shame. They are worse than RAGE and can't blame it on megatextures. I hope they bump up the detail for release.

You are lucky to see the shadows, I had to turn the shadows off to get the game to run smoothly.

Your dell from 2005 doesn't cut it anymore.. its time for some upgrades.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Obviously you're not a real tweaker... Your AA and FA are still off, you can set them in your driver settings panel to 16x and 8x, and surprisingly this barley influenced my framerate. Next to that you should also use the sliders in your game settings, shadows is really low at your settings.

pretty much this.

my game looks leagues better than this with everything up. I'm not getting those jagged lines with the shadows.... hmmm, will have to take screen shots next beta weekend.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

I agree the graphics are not good, I am not a fan of cell shaded graphics. But I can get get passed it, the main thing that concerns me is the performance with such graphics. It's pretty horrid with FPS dips in spots, but I believe that is just a memory leak issue which should be fixed eventually(I see the client get above 3k sometimes and its 32bit app lol). But I will still be playing, as the gameplay/story over ride graphics any day. Your comment about going back to WoW is a bit ridiculous, that game has way worse visuals than TOR though.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

This discussion has been closed.