Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware Response to the haters!

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by kanechart

Originally posted by tyrannis

Originally posted by tank017

huh?

I must have missed them saying that..

It's a general observation overtime at expo's and stuff. They kind have had a good bold this is what our game is and people who don't like that might not like it. My point is they been pretty good and bold at telling people hey don't like it don't play and rather like blizzard who says maybe maybe maybe they pretty upfront so far.

Does not mean they will not cross us later on but hey its a start!

Oh so you mean just some shit you made up to satisfy you own desires. Why didn't you just say so up front?

Whatever you like. Thankfully they have this block button on here :)

You got called out and you threaten with the block button lmao.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by DexterMMO

Edit: It being bad is your opinion, I absolutely love it and so do others. Maybe you should hit that mountain top if you think for a split second your personal preferences are the global exception to good or bad.

It's not just that I don't like it, though.  I don't like WoW, but I understand why other people do.  I don't like McDonalds, but I understand why people do.  More than just not liking TOR, I really can't understand what people see in it.  There's always bound to be some niche preferences I just don't get at all, but I can usually get why something is popular, at least.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

Bioware is already ruining the game.  They got rid of cc and interrupt combo for mobs in questing.  I wanted a challenge from questing for once and hoped this game would give it but the player community cried cuz they want to rush through the game and get to raiding and the other part are just lamers and want no challenge at all.

Whole point of MMO diffuculty is to get people work together! Since point is to service many people having ultra diffucult mobs in solo content just annoyes people.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I think the people who like this game are just to tired of the crap to actually care anymore what all the haters say. I for am .

Ill play tor till its no longer running and from what ive seen in beta 3/4 of the beta players will do so as well.

Say what u will but on the servers ive tried when the troll comes a bashing the people usually tell them where to go. I had a guy  on one server whining koriban was to small then got to kass and started whining about walking

The playerbase pretty much told them off. Told them why keep playing just quit if they didnt like it and stop the crap in chat. 

Ive seen that happen in beta quite a bit. So hate all u want in the end it doesnt matter if u dont like this game or not if 5 millong players like it , 

In the end it wont matter if u like it or not if tor ends up holding at 3 mil or more subs all that matters in the end is that the people who like it play it and put there money where there mouth is by staying subbed

U know unlike all these sandbox fans who wont sub to any sandbox game so they dont get made very often.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Mortemia

After being in beta and watching some gameplay videos at twitch.tv I'm really ashamed on how people play this game. People rant about the conversations taking too long, then they don't bother to listen the quest dialogue or check out the journal on what to do in quests.

This indicates that those people play MMO's and no MMORPG's. They play the game like zombies, minddlessly grinding whatever pixels are thrown ontoo their path.

Everyone listen, Bioware just brought the RPGback to MMORPG's. And it was the biggest investment ever done in gaming, it was very costly.  But finally i am able to play a real RPG together with my friends, living the stories together..

Downfall of this type of players, if the story is finished they will probably stop playing, and i dont see how Bioware can generate new content fast enough for the people that just love playing stories.  But then there is 7 other stories to be played (tough actually only the first one on each side will feel really fresh)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by Mortemia

After being in beta and watching some gameplay videos at twitch.tv I'm really ashamed on how people play this game. People rant about the conversations taking too long, then they don't bother to listen the quest dialogue or check out the journal on what to do in quests.

This indicates that those people play MMO's and no MMORPG's. They play the game like zombies, minddlessly grinding whatever pixels are thrown ontoo their path.

Everyone listen, Bioware just brought the RPGback to MMORPG's. And it was the biggest investment ever done in gaming, it was very costly.  But finally i am able to play a real RPG together with my friends, living the stories together..

Downfall of this type of players, if the story is finished they will probably stop playing, and i dont see how Bioware can generate new content fast enough for the people that just love playing stories.  But then there is 7 other stories to be played (tough actually only the first one on each side will feel really fresh)

Depending how you play it, there might be fewer replays, even for altoholics like me - I spent much of the weekend duoing with my wife - my trooper to her smuggler - this means that although I wasn't in control, I saw every smuggler scene and she saw all the trooper ones; I'm not sure how inclined I'd be to roll my own smuggler after seeing it all. 

I know it'd be pretty unusual for a player to be teamed with the same group all the way through, but it can happen.

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Originally posted by Homitu

huh?

Wait, you understood what the OP said?

lol ^ this...

• MyGaronaMyGarona Member Posts: 139
    On the bright side - with release three weeks out, those who like the game will soon be too busy to read complaints on these boards. Play Skyrim in the meantime - at least you can eliminate the trolls there.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Sasami

Bioware is already ruining the game.  They got rid of cc and interrupt combo for mobs in questing.  I wanted a challenge from questing for once and hoped this game would give it but the player community cried cuz they want to rush through the game and get to raiding and the other part are just lamers and want no challenge at all.
     Whole point of MMO diffuculty is to get people work together! Since point is to service many people having ultra diffucult mobs in solo content just annoyes people.

The whole point of an MMO is to collect money from players. You do that by creating something that a LOT of people enjoy. You do that by creating something that a player can enjoy without being forced to worry about what ten other people want or need.

That said, there is plenty of group content in the game and plenty of stuff that requires multiple people to take advantage of. There is group content, and massive, multiplayer interactions. There are even world bosses just hanging out waiting for large groups of people to take them on. Bioware made it a choice, not a requirement, which was the wise choice.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Except it's not true. I've been mezzed, knocked back, frozen, diseased, set on fire, burned with acid, interrupted the list goes on. Mobs have tons of cc abilities including some players don't get. Some of the heroics and flashpoints are truly brutal.

Exactly. Even a single mob that's one tier above the "normal" mobs in dificulty can give you a good run for your money. I've had several encounters where the mob would somehow disable me and focus on my companion, or vice versa. Even harder mobs such as elites tend to do more of these things. It all depends on what you're killing as well. In most areas there are normal mobs AND harder mobs/elites. You can choose which ones to engage and get quest progress from either one. Most people will probably focus on the easier mobs to get the quest done quickly, then some of them come whine on a forum that the game is to easy, when the harder mobs were right there in front of them all along. This also seem to increase at higher levels. I'm level 24 at my highest character and i'm seeing an increasing amount of harder level mobs in "normal" questing areas, along with the easier mobs. Also more and more boss fights which are in fact dificult and will often kill you once or twice before you figure out a good strategy.

The point is, you can pick your fights to your liking. Want more challenge? Target the harder mobs. I think it's a brilliant system actually that caters all levels of players simultaniously without conflicting.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Thanks Bioware for not ruining the game like Blizzard did for casual wannabe hardcore players.

Wha? I don't know if this is a joke or not because Bioware is targeting the same "casual wannabe hardcore players" as Blizzard.

P.S. "casual wannabe hardcore players" are the OP's words and not mine. I don't agree with them at all.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by timtrack

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Except it's not true. I've been mezzed, knocked back, frozen, diseased, set on fire, burned with acid, interrupted the list goes on. Mobs have tons of cc abilities including some players don't get. Some of the heroics and flashpoints are truly brutal.

Exactly. Even a single mob that's one tier above the "normal" mobs in dificulty can give you a good run for your money. I've had several encounters where the mob would somehow disable me and focus on my companion, or vice versa. Even harder mobs such as elites tend to do more of these things. It all depends on what you're killing as well. In most areas there are normal mobs AND harder mobs/elites. You can choose which ones to engage and get quest progress from either one. Most people will probably focus on the easier mobs to get the quest done quickly, then some of them come whine on a forum that the game is to easy, when the harder mobs were right there in front of them all along. This also seem to increase at higher levels. I'm level 24 at my highest character and i'm seeing an increasing amount of harder level mobs in "normal" questing areas, along with the easier mobs. Also more and more boss fights which are in fact dificult and will often kill you once or twice before you figure out a good strategy.

The point is, you can pick your fights to your liking. Want more challenge? Target the harder mobs. I think it's a brilliant system actually that caters all levels of players simultaniously without conflicting.

I am with you guys. There are some very challenging mobs especailly when doing Heroic missions. Last night my Agen got hit with three flamethrowers at once and me and another player went down seconds after from burning.  I was actually suprised when a regular mob knocked me back and down for a few seconds (that was playing my Sith Assassin). It was awesome.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

huh?

There are probably other examples around, but 2 comments that come to mind were comments about:

...people watching the movies probably not dreaming of being Uncle Owen.

...and in response to being able to free-fly through space, they said something like:  "Remember that part in the Star Wars movies where Han says to Chewie, 'Hey, let's blast off into space and just dick around!'.  I don't remember that part, either."

They were both in videos, but I don't recall which ones.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by Robsolf

huh?

There are probably other examples around, but 2 comments that come to mind were comments about:

...and in response to being able to free-fly through space, they said something like:  "Remember that part in the Star Wars movies where Han says to Chewie, 'Hey, let's blast off into space and just dick around!'.  I don't remember that part, either."

I recall the space comment. They are right to a degree. I do not mind the space combat. it is a distraction and mini game for XP when I want to change it up a little.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I can't understand for the life of me how this post is still going. I thought for sure when I clicked the link I would see a hyperlink to something that Bioware said... responding to the haters. Instead.. I get an opinion of how a company has handled fans of a game that isn't out yet by a person who has no affiliation to said company given... some sort of observation from shows?

Awesome. 

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

Remember that part in the Star Wars movies where Han says to Chewie, "Hey, let's blast off into space and just dick around!" I don't remember that part, either."

Such a smug attitude those Bioware developers have.

You can take just about every mundane quest present in SWTOR right now and insert it into the above statement.

Hardly anything in the game resembles what any of the main heroic characters were doing in the movies.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by 8BitAvatar

Remember that part in the Star Wars movies where Han says to Chewie, "Hey, let's blast off into space and just dick around!" I don't remember that part, either."

You can take just about every mundane quest present in SWTOR right now and insert it into the above statement.

Hardly anything in the game resembles what any of the main heroic characters were doing in the movies.

I dunno, the first Star Wars was little more than one long fed ex quest to get a little robot to the rebel leaders.

• ZenjinxZenjinx Member Posts: 328

Head out of sand for a minute here. This game is not based upon the movies. Your argument has been nullified.

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Zenjinx

Head out of sand for a minute here. This game is not based upon the movies. Your argument has been nullified.

Exactly, which is why their argument about 'dicking around in space' not being in the movies should be null and void.

They can't have their cake and eat it too.

Originally posted by dougmysticey

huh?

I recall the space comment. They are right to a degree. I do not mind the space combat. it is a distraction and mini game for XP when I want to change it up a little.

I like the space combat alot better than I expected I would, even after some 150-ish space commendations.  Still, there's alot more I'd like to see, and a little more freedom wouldn't hurt, either.  Still, their's is a good point to make.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

I dunno, the first Star Wars was little more than one long fed ex quest to get a little robot to the rebel leaders.

This.

It absolutely, TOTALLY resembles things they would do in the movies, and then some.  In some cases there are blatant ripoffs... as a Bounty Hunter you'll find yourself fighting a hutt's "pet" down in the pit.

Their point in both quotes is about cinematics, and what people are or aren't interested in watching or playing.  Nobody cares what Uncle Owen's day to day life is like.  No one cares to watch the Millenium Falcon blast through space going through Space McDonalds, and picking up 5 space bucks in gas.

This is why most of my Star Wars buddies barely considered SWG.  They weren't at all interested in spending hours crafting, or grinding XP shooting "space bunnies" on Rori.  And once it was clear that you wouldn't survive a firefight with a single average stormtrooper til' you were at least halfway through your skills... 

...well...except when you were doc buffed, in which case you could stomp Rancor into the ground with your bare hands...

Pre-NGE SWG= good game, but BAD Star Wars game.  TOR= Good game, GREAT SW game.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by MaGicBush

No they are not catering to the masses by making a WoW clone at all *sarcasm*. I will give them credit though, since I started following this game 3 years ago they said exactly what it would be. A WoW clone, they are catering to a group but have stuck to those guns and are not going to change anytime soon.

This!

People bitch about W0W clones, but W0W has a huge following. SWTOR is going to go after that following.

Lemme ask...what other market/fan base should they try to go after? SWG? Failed - closes Dec 15th. STO? Flop. LOTRO? God I hope not. APB? Tabula Rasa? DCUO? There's no other segment they should even attempt to go after.

They're in this to turn a profit. They will. The game is very good and more polished than any recent release. SWTOR is the best MMO released within the past 7 years.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by dougmysticey

huh?

Yeah, they did make that comment. Truthfully, I loved the comment because as much as SWG players want to tout SWGs space game as some modern marvel, it lacked any 'content'. The "missions" consisted of (bugs) wave after wave of enemy fighters, more like Space Invaders than anything else - wave of 3, then 3 more, then 3 more, the 2 boss ships, repeat x5.

As AWESOME as it was to fly your ship, the complete lack of sh!t to do with that ship is exactly why space was so barren in SWG - NOBODY went up there. After 3 Aces, I could count the number of random players I saw on 2 hands.

I think people confuse SWG’s customization with a true “space game”. As far as customization goes, I doubt we’ll ever see SWG’s equal. But for “content”, SWTOR’s rail shooter is 100xs better.

• dj525dj525 Member Posts: 39

What I have noticed overtime is that the people hate the game or dislike it love talking about it and disliking it. I assume people who dislike olives go to their local olive factories and bash them out too. I must give credit to bioware for doing a good job at pretty much telling these people off.

Rather then ignore these people who complain or demand a full redone of the game they pretty much said go eff off this is how our game is made and this is how were doing it.

Thanks Bioware for not ruining the game like Blizzard did for casual wannabe hardcore players.

No but it is the internet and we all have opinion's and have the right to say how they feel about something, just like you had to jump on here a say all the haters right.

Bioware did ruin the game theres nothing great about it (my opinion). {mod edit}

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

This is patently false.  Currently in beta as recently as last night.  I get stunned, mezzed, knocked back, snared all the time by just about every mob in the game, that includes regular and champion and elite mobs.  They've even gone so far as to increased the damage and hitpoints of all mobs in the game twice, in the last two builds.  People are even starting to complain that the basic trash mobs are now irritatingly strong.  Especially if you manage to get adds of more than the packs of 3 or 4 in which they normally run.  Even healers are starting to feel the crunch, as I get interrupted constatly when trying to heal from 3 or 4 attackers, let alone any more adds or god forbid a champion gets thrown into the mix.