Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personalized Story vs Dynamic events & content

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

We recieved two mmo's this year that are worth talking about.

One's been out for eight months and offered dynamic events and content that kept server communities active outside a instance. 

The other is in beta, most of us have played it. It offers a fully voiced personalized story what i believe to be the perfect solo experience in a mmorpg.

This is not a Game Vs Game  post. This is a simple question on preferred mechanics.

If you had to choose Dynamic content vs personalized story which would you pick and why?

TO keep this topic away from the Rift vs TOR flamefest keep in mind we are speaking of the mechanic. Other games have offered a personal story. Lotro and DCUO come to mind and Games like WAR and the 2012 release GW2 will offer server specific dynamic content also. 

Its really a debate on the evolution of solo play vs the evolution of group play and which would you prefer.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

I'd sooner have the dynamic events. Otherwise I may as well play an offline RPG, like The Witcher or Skyrim and save my self £8.99

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

no need to choose one. GW2 with both a personalized story and dynamic events. though i prefer my MMO's to be social...well suited to playing with others.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Originally posted by fony

no need to choose one. GW2 with both a personalized story and dynamic events. though i prefer my MMO's to be social...well suited to playing with others.

This. However if I HAD to choose between the two, it'd be dynamic events.