Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Just quit because....

Every swinging richard seems to want to post that they left the game.  That means thousands of potential threads of "I just quit, because"  I am creating this thread so that all the SWTOR quiters have a common place to post.  Also those who would like to read these stories won't have to keep sifting through other threads.

Please, begin...

I self identify as a monkey.

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I installed to play out of sheer curiosity and then didn't bother because WAR: WoH was a lot more fun.

There, started the thread off for you :)

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Originally posted by vesavius

I installed to play out of sheer curiosity and then didn't bother because WAR: WoH was a lot more fun.

Woot, thx!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the stories.

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

Woot, thx!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the stories.

As long as we all get to hug at the end ;)

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

hahaha Don't you have to start something in order to quit? I don't think preparing for the game (by install) counts.

Originally posted by eluldor

hahaha Don't you have to start something in order to quit? I don't think preparing for the game (by install) counts.

I betad for a month, so... best looking at it as a pause that I chose to not come out of maybe??

• manolarenmanolaren Member Posts: 57

Played until lvl 11. Can’t play it even an hour more. No point to say the reasons. Many posts say many of them. I ll just say that it didn’t make me feel anything. I can play it as an RPG but not as an MMO. Good luck to those who will :)

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I betad for a month, so... best looking at it as a pause that I chose to not come out of maybe??

Ah, I see. Somewhat disappointed, as not knowing that made the post quite hilarious imo.

• PunizherPunizher Member Posts: 3

i stopped play cos i am a wow fanboi and i am scared that Blizzard finds out i am playing a diff mmo and ban me from azeroth, so i will keep paying my $15 or whatever pay ( cos i roll high and have a 1year sub ) even tho i have done the same instances  100x and have no intentions in doing Arena or large scale RAIDS i will refuse to play SWTOR i prefer to sit on my Mount in the city and talk smack to the kids.

xxx love you all

PS. my mommys laptop dint like SWTOR either keep crashing me, something about not enough juice xxx

Ah, I see. Somewhat disappointed, as not knowing that made the post quite hilarious imo.

:(

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by manolaren

Played until lvl 11. Can’t play it even an hour more. No point to say the reasons. Many posts say many of them. I ll just say that it didn’t make me feel anything. I can play it as an RPG but not as an MMO. Good luck to those who will :)

Well, you just quit before the part that couples RPG and MMO's....

You really should have tried the first flashpoint

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

A month ago it was the only show in town.  But Skyrim launched and when I play that game the hours slip by effortlessly.  With TOR I was feeling restless and time went by very slowly.  The more I played the more disillusioned I felt.  In some ways it reminds me of City of Heroes or one of those hero mmos in it's plasiticity aesthetic and the way the mobs are spread out in groups of three and don't move from their spot.

I am hoping the game feels more interesting after the starter world.  That's what people say.

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by Punizher

i stopped play cos i am a wow fanboi and i am scared that Blizzard finds out i am playing a diff mmo and ban me from azeroth, so i will keep paying my $15 or whatever pay ( cos i roll high and have a 1year sub ) even tho i have done the same instances  100x and have no intentions in doing Arena or large scale RAIDS i will refuse to play SWTOR i prefer to sit on my Mount in the city and talk smack to the kids.

xxx love you all

PS. my mommys laptop dint like SWTOR either keep crashing me, something about not enough juice xxx

^

This, omg, this.

After reading all the 'reviews' (aka opinion posts) after the NDA dropped, my suspicions were confirmed.  After finally getting a chance in beta and playing the game now I have no doubt. 

All I have to say here, I guess, is 'haters gonna hate' and negative posts can't stop my fun. =P   So go ahead my dear forum warriors, rip SWTOR a new one via posts;  we'll be having too much fun ig to care.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by Terranah

A month ago it was the only show in town.  But Skyrim launched and when I play that game the hours slip by effortlessly.  With TOR I was feeling restless and time went by very slowly.  The more I played the more disillusioned I felt.  In some ways it reminds me of City of Heroes or one of those hero mmos in it's plasiticity aesthetic and the way the mobs are spread out in groups of three and don't move from their spot.

I am hoping the game feels more interesting after the starter world.  That's what people say.

Exactly what I thought, City of Heroes. I must have gone into the same generic warehouse/hanger/corridor countless times with my Smuggler. The same groups of mobs, clustered in threes and fours so they can be easily taken out, then some glowing boxes/consoles/beacons to right click on... Also the same as in Star Trek Online.

I quit because I just got bored. There was nothing to see and just killing separatists over and over between tedious conversations with out of work actors got old very fast.

Just need to work out how to cancel my pre-order now and I can play Skyrim until GW2 comes out.... I might even go back to Rift, have a lot of fond memories of that.

• GrumpyJesterGrumpyJester Member Posts: 96

I burnt out way too heavily on WoW to appreciate this game. The story parts are fun, but I don't like having to play an outdated MMO in-between.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Cavod

All I have to say here, I guess, is 'haters gonna hate'

Or alternatively, normal folk hold a negative opinion of something you like.

Not tried it myself, so can't quit and can't make any informed comment.