Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I'm so Happy It's not the Clone Wars

m240gulfm240gulf San Diego, CAPosts: 460Member

That would have been so disappointing.  Love that BioWare and you all should check out BioWare's website on lots more information about SW:TOR, as with all BioWare games, they have started a nice storyline base for the game.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

Comments

• Flyte27Flyte27 Greenwich, CTPosts: 2,837Member Uncommon

I'm not a big fan of the new saga.  Every story they make is about Anakin and he is one of my least favorite characters in the Star Wars Saga.  It's good that a new Star Wars story is coming out that doesn't revolve around Darth Vader.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Eugene, ORPosts: 2,803Member

I'm glad to hear it's not the Clone Wars, either, mainly because the prequel trilogy isn't about storytelling, it's about Lucas and his SFX fixations. 

There's a story in there, but Lucas is so busy trying to avoid telling a complex story with dialog and instead concentrating on visuals he misses the entire point.  He's not Stanly Kubrick.  He can't tell his story the way Kubrick did.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• PalatinePalatine nottinghamPosts: 65Member

Wooo guys, look at the artwork = clone wars cartoon stlyle = The Hutts 100% This is marketed towards Cone Wars cartooony fooony becuase LA wanted it that way. GASH

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,432Member Uncommon

Originally posted by m240gulf

That would have been so disappointing.  Love that BioWare and you all should check out BioWare's website on lots more information about SW:TOR, as with all BioWare games, they have started a nice storyline base for the game.

The STORY part of SWTOR is FAKE.There is just random stories tied to all quests,the same as any otehr game does it.

The game is sort of fun,but it does a couple things wrong.The timers ,every single time you use an abilty,ALL the timers flash a round.I also felt like my more powerful longer timers were not that big a deal,like 10-20 more damage,will barely make a dent on the health bar.

Also how is it this low life companion who was captured,and me being this top of the class Sith Warrior ,has far better damage than me?At times i almost feel like just standing there and let her deal the kill,she hits a lot harder with dual pistols.Even worse is she came to me with better gear than i have,lol not a realistic scenario for a story if you ask me.

None the less,i was still having some fun in the game until..........................

Once yo uleave the noob planet..LOOKOUT ! LAG city.I had a decent FPS around 40 on medium to above average settings.I hit the new planet and i had to turn every single option to it's lowest and i still get lockups for several seconds and fps around 18-30 with no movement or action going.I also do nbot undersatand why the framerates fluctuate so badly when i am just starting at a wall not doing anything,i have never seen this in any game in my life.I was watching my frames go from a low of 12 bouncing up to 35 back n forth,just crazy.

Thge lag on the new planet is so bad,i had to logout,it was making the game not fun anymore.The system specs for this game are BS,they are accurate on noob planet,but after that the reccommended are the minimum far i'm concerned.

Samoan Diamond

• stealthbrstealthbr BrasiliaPosts: 1,053Member

Ummmmm............ nice necro?

This discussion has been closed.