Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Jedi Consular Character Progression

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest in a series of 'character progression' videos has surfaced on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site. This time, the Jedi Consular is profiled. It's a great look for those embarking on the beta this weekend and choosing to play the Jedi Consular. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
  • mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

Sage looks impressive, sans headresses.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Personally, I am glad BW is trying to at least be original with their costume designs. I don't care for the consular class myself, but not because of their gear. My problem with BW is the lack of species and options in character creation because the Hero Engine they use is capable of a lot more than what is being done.

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

Probably will be my first class to play. Gonna be much fun to play around with all the Force powers this class possesses.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

thats some horrible armor they get.

• serdraserdra Member Posts: 6

These videos don't really do Jedi Consular Progression justice as there will be all sorts of mid ground between armors and end game sets etc wont be shown in these videos,  but i do agree the armor does feel somewhat lacking when compared to more fantasy based MMO's however at the end of the day the star wars universe was always much less fantasy driven and outrageous jedi and Sith wearing simple robes is a perfect example it just wouldn't feel right if they were in WoW style plate armor or even WoW style cloth it just wouldn't fit

Star Wars The Old Republic sponsored member of Game Strats online gaming team and PvP Guide Writer for the PvP Community

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

While I will be sinking countless hours of my life into this game, the armor models are horrendous; and the mod system is terrible. I hope they add an a-tab post launch, this game needs it badly.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by Czanrei

Personally, I am glad BW is trying to at least be original with their costume designs. I don't care for the consular class myself, but not because of their gear. My problem with BW is the lack of species and options in character creation because the Hero Engine they use is capable of a lot more than what is being done.

True - they might have created 10 times more faces, hairs and other customisation options (even if they would avoid the totally custom face).  Hope they would consider that. Still I have a very good feeling after playing the beta this weekend. I was especially amazed by the action-adventure feeling of the first flashpoint, though it might get boring after a few runs.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Thank god that you can hide head gear. The sage head gear is scary. 

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

Originally posted by catlana

Thank god that you can hide head gear. The sage head gear is scary. 

Jedi - If my force powers do not scare you, my head gear will!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Hehe. Hope they add customisation tab.

Or they might aswell change name of the sage class to "Queen of Naboo"

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I love the idea of the Sage class, but have to agree - those are some of the worst armor (especially head) models I have seen in a long time.

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Having only a lvl 10 sage, I don't as yet have anything like the kind of abilities shown in the vid, but, glad to see they exist. Really looking forward to launch.

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Czanrei

Its star wars the possibilities are endless...

u cant expect everything to be put out at launch

Im sure future content,expansion we will have new races,planets stuff like that...it just needs time