Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

42" 1080 LCD HDTV at BestBuy midnight tonight for only $199, I'm buying 3, get yours while they last

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Sharp - 42" Class / LCD / 1080p / 60Hz / HDTV

Model: LC42SV49U | SKU: 3142087

2.0 of 5 2.0 of 5 (9 reviews)

Shipping: Coming Soon

Store Pickup: Coming Soon

Free Shipping

Sale:

$199.99

Reg. Price:

$499.99

You Save:

$300.00

Print

add to wish list

Comments

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

unless youre posting this from your phone and youre already camping a spot, yore already s.o.l.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

My goodness, that is a nice price. Makes me wish I lived near a Best Buy, definitely worth picking at least one up.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by Kost

My goodness, that is a nice price. Makes me wish I lived near a Best Buy, definitely worth picking at least one up.

For sure, I buying 3, 1 for myself and 2 to sell.

This is a sweet deal, this will work as a PC monitor aswell.

• ShadowMajereShadowMajere Member UncommonPosts: 20

Much to my knowledge That offer is Limit 1 per customer from what I was told last night while working. Unless Best Buy Corp changes that Ideal you will if your in the top 10 on line, only be able to get 1. As of last night 11 p.m. here in NY people were already camping out at a few of the Long Island locations.

Edit:  The other thing is, If they do decide to let people buy multiples of the LCD, You might deffinately get screwed if your not in like the top 5, Each BB location will have a maximum allocation of 10 units of the TV. I have not been informed if this deal will be made available online at all. But I know it's one of the Door Buster tickets we will hand out down the line before the store opens.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

If I wasnt in the UK i'd snap this up, the cheapest 40"/42" is around £299 - £349  ($463 - $540) here in the UK If anyone seen anything like this in the UK going cheaper than I can find then let me know.

every post I have to validate i'm human

• ShadowMajereShadowMajere Member UncommonPosts: 20

Originally posted by biggarfoot

If I wasnt in the UK i'd snap this up, the cheapest 40"/42" is around £299 - £349  ($463 - $540) here in the UK If anyone seen anything like this in the UK going cheaper than I can find then let me know.

I'm pretty sure you guys don't have thanksgiving lol, But alot of sites that are international tend to have Black Friday deals. There is also Cyber Monday coming up. I would just browse around and see what deals you can find today and tomorrow, as well as the monday coming up when Cyber Monday kicks off. Those are your best bet for the season coming up. These next couple of days are the kick off to the holiday season and the best deals are between friday and monday. Well Thursday now if your in the states :/ I goto be at work at 9 tonight to get ready for war lol.

• CatamountCatamount Member Posts: 773

No, they're not online, and yes, they're almost certainly going to limit the customers to one each... and only the first few who walk in the door.

Just as well, too. Buying multiple TVs just to resell them later at a higher price is completely selfish, because it's basically expecting to get the good deal yourself while actively denying others in the store what you feel entitled to. Of course, stores don't limit sales because of what they think is fair; to them it's strictly a matter of bad business to not have the supply of discounted items get spread around to as many people as possible (more happy shoppers for the same number of sold-at-a-loss products).

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Does it do 24p?  If not then meh

• AcidBurnedAcidBurned Member UncommonPosts: 11

10 per store and they didnt even really have to have them they could have said they sold out the day before for regular price =] it was just to get people to come.

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

meh.. just wait till January regular price will be $199-$249

just a bunch of hype to get you into the store that is all

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

Just as well. The TV is complete garbage.

People are so dumb. At 6pm Thanksgiving night (6 hours before opening) there were at least a hundred people in line. I was heading to Walmart right next door, and the line stretched nearly to the Walmart doors. People at the end of the line all said they were there for the TV. By the time I left Walmart at 10, the line was at least 300 people all for the TV.

How stupid do you have to be to be the 300th person in line and wait hours without finding out how many TVs they had?

As a side note, I  skipped Best Buy and scored Madden 12, Black OPS, Singularity, and Arkham Asylum for PS3 for $28, then hit Old Navy and got 2 free cameras plus a ton of half price clothes, then got the $199 PS3 bundle at Gamestop all before Best Buy even opened.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by Abdiell

Just as well. The TV is complete garbage.

People are so dumb. At 6pm Thanksgiving night (6 hours before opening) there were at least a hundred people in line. I was heading to Walmart right next door, and the line stretched nearly to the Walmart doors. People at the end of the line all said they were there for the TV. By the time I left Walmart at 10, the line was at least 300 people all for the TV.

How stupid do you have to be to be the 300th person in line and wait hours without finding out how many TVs they had?

As a side note, I  skipped Best Buy and scored Madden 12, Black OPS, Singularity, and Arkham Asylum for PS3 for $28, then hit Old Navy and got 2 free cameras plus a ton of half price clothes, then got the $199 PS3 bundle at Gamestop all before Best Buy even opened.

Did you rub it in their noob faces when you walked by?

I'm the type of person who will pay a few hundred more bucks for perfection. I won't buy something 'half' price an get 'half' the quality lol.. I don't get why people are so hell bent on trying to always spend as little as they can. There is a reason folks, why things become so cheap. Not only to lure buyers in, but to clean their shelves of the old-non-selling items they want to do away with. Haven't you ever watched ' The Greatest Movie Ever Sold'?...

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Tech is not a Black Friday type merchandise.  Just get your loved ones a gift card.  Most electronics will be refreshed in January, so clawing your way for the remaining year end stock is rather pointless.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by Cleffy

Tech is not a Black Friday type merchandise.  Just get your loved ones a gift card.  Most electronics will be refreshed in January, so clawing your way for the remaining year end stock is rather pointless.

bro fist'

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

60HZ, try playing games on it or watching fast action or sports. Terrible hdtv's, they pull consumers in with the price. The consumers who know nothing about it will buy them.

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124

Just imagine the fist palms when they open the doors :)

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

OP hasnt reported back, I assume they either got smart and realized it was a really crappy TV, or they weren't in line long enough lol.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

Originally posted by I_Return

60 hz is crap, just so you know ....

lmfao exactly they at that price cause no one really wants em.

u need minimum  120hz for it not to be crap for lcd that is

i mean do they even still make em at 60hz i thort 120hz was the new "standard" and any 60hz was just left over junk

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• taziartaziar Member Posts: 52

Yes, it is cheap, but it is also a crap tv.  First of all, it is rated 2 stars out of 5, never a good sign.  Second of all, it is NOT 1080P.  It is only 1366x768 native resolution.  They are basically lying.  1080P = 1920 x 1080, this tv is closer to 720P.  The reason it is being sold so cheaply, is nobody wanted to buy it the rest of the year.  Yes, it is cheap, just don't expect a bright sharp picture from it.  

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Well some of you already had your "Loot everything and burn the building down on the way out" special for the year.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• taziartaziar Member Posts: 52

As far as the 60hz, nobody here understands how that works apparently.  For games, you need 60hz, not 120hz, though most 120 hz tvs allow you to do both.  Why?  These are not monitors, they are TVs.  When you connect your Xbox via HDMI to a TV, for example, you only output at 60 frames per second.  The TV gives you 120 frames per second via smoothing algorythims, which is horrible for games as it introduces delays, which will feel like lag.

On a CRT (big old monitors) you needed more than 60hz because of flicker caused by how they fill the screen line by line.  This is not an issue in LCD monitors.   With LCD, you care about the panel response time, which isn't directly related to the hz.

I did a another check, and the tv could be 1080P, but can't confirm, I have seen conflicting specs.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

Originally posted by taziar

As far as the 60hz, nobody here understands how that works apparently.  For games, you need 60hz, not 120hz, though most 120 hz tvs allow you to do both.  Why?  These are not monitors, they are TVs.  When you connect your Xbox via HDMI to a TV, for example, you only output at 60 frames per second.  The TV gives you 120 frames per second via smoothing algorythims, which is horrible for games as it introduces delays, which will feel like lag.

On a CRT (big old monitors) you needed more than 60hz because of flicker caused by how they fill the screen line by line.  This is not an issue in LCD monitors.   With LCD, you care about the panel response time, which isn't directly related to the hz.

I did a another check, and the tv could be 1080P, but can't confirm, I have seen conflicting specs.

heh lol get 120hz the tv will have a "gaming mode" if it isnt cheap crap, i play on my 46" 120hz sony just fine and no lag like effects like ur mentioning either on my my ps3 or my gaming rig

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

Originally posted by Asm0deus

Originally posted by taziar

heh lol get 120hz the tv will have a "gaming mode" if it isnt cheap crap, i play on my 46" 120hz sony just fine and no lag like effects like ur mentioning either on my my ps3 or my gaming rig

I have a 480Hz plasma and I game all the time on it and no lag. Not sure if it can tell what the source is, but I don't change to any game mode or something like that :P Maybe it's different for plasma though.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

good looking out

I self identify as a monkey.