Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: How do you like SWTOR:

suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Please vote and type why did you voted so.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'll vote after the weekend, level 6 is a bit early to be making judgments :p

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Very disappointed actually - VERY disappointed.

• RhaycenRhaycen Member Posts: 24

Nothing revolutionary, but I'm a bioware fanboy ... so this is a must.

Not sure if the endgame will be any good ... but I don't plan to reach said endgame for a while so I figure this game will keep me entertained for quite some time.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

It seems to depend heavily on the class you choose, at least for me. I started out with an Imperial Agent - I didn't like it very much to be honest. Then I made a Sith Warrior instead - it was much more entertaining. I have only tried these two classes so far but melee combat has to this point been a lot more smooth. So I kinda liked it and I pre-ordered back in July I think. Not a very smart move when you've not even tried the game but now I feel that it wasn't terribly wasted money at least.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Originally posted by Margulis

Very disappointed actually - VERY disappointed.

+1

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83

yea i could only get 2 hours of game play in before i just started falling asleep, playing a warrior and my skills were charge, a rage gen skill, and a thunder clap thing....if i wanted to play wow, id play wow

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

I have beta tested alot, I am not all that impressed but I still might play it until GW2 comes out just for something to do

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Very disappointing, very disappointed.

• DM19DM19 Member UncommonPosts: 122

Didn't think much of it at first then i got the play and fell in love with it. Like one of the other posters said you have to play the right class to really love this game.

• gimmekeygimmekey Member Posts: 117

Having tons of fun playing a darkside Gunslinger.  So far so good.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I voted "Not so much" The game is nothing more than a more linear world of warcraft, with exact same combat system, bascally the same classes etc, and really nothing new or innovative in the game. Its also like its a single player game with some online mode tacked on. IMO less money should have been wastedon voice over and more on making the gameplay at least be a bit intersting. Its just WoW 2.0 with a starwars skin. It was annoying in wow when npcs had 2-3 pages of text saying why they need you to kill 5 pigs, but swtor has voice overs for the same stuff, total waste of devolopment budget imo.

Nevermind the fact they had a pvp planet and insted of making it faction vs faction pvp with land control and such, so that raid gear would have an actual use, they cop-out and go for some cheezy worthless FFA pvp where you can kill your own faction. Raiding from what I heard is just as worthless as it is in wow, there is no point to gathering raid gear when there is nothing else left to use it for (More raids do not count), but on the flip side, at least in swtor everyone gets their own loot cache, so no fighting over who gets what, this at least makes it a tad better than wow's system imo.

Overall I am not impressed at all by what I have seen so far, nothing I have seen has made me go "Hmm this looks like it might be a good game" but it has made me go "Aww dammit yet another damned world of warcraft clone/wannabe with biliant copy and pasting from wow (Classes, combat system, quest system etc) like rift was/ended up to be.

Like my sig says I am a pessimist so I might try the game and be wonderfully surprized, but in general I do not expect much of anything out of swtor, especally since EA is involved, heard their origin thing is bascally malware, that installs hidden stuff on your pc etc without asking.. least thats what I heard.

The reason most non-themepark mmo's never do well is mostly due to lack of budget, and devs with a budget are to scared to do anything else besides clone world of warcrafts gameplay, systems and mechanics. lets have bethesda do a sandbox mmorpg I bet you it will own since they like specilize in those kinds of games, and they got the budget they could make a damned good one I bet.

The combat in swtor just does not look fun to me, its the same generic crap that every wow clone has, it just looks boring. I am a big fan of killing things in these games, if the combat is poor (which swtor's combat looks to be since its bascally copy and pasted from world of warcraft, and wow's combat bored me). I just can't seem to get into the game. I don't play a mmo for story, and a story driven mmo is pretty fail imo, should just be a single player game. Who really pays attention to a story in a mmo? 90% of mmo players don't. Again i'll have to try the game tomorrow, but these are the greivences I am going into it with.

The no faction vs faction pvp system was a major let down, i was expecting some epic pvp with land control on the pvp planet, not some boring anyone can kill anyone ffa crap they spewed out, its pointless, where as land control with faction wide bonuses has a purpose. in Rising force online every 8 hours the 3 races war for control of a mine, the mine gives upgrade materials, crafting materials, and if you want, raw hard cash too, so its worth fighting for it (consdering u can mine afk or havbe a automated mining thing do it for you while u do other things).

I am glad though that people who are able to play the game now are finally relizing what I been saying about how swtor is just another World of Warcraft . If games like this keep succeeding, this is all we will have left, are boring wow-cloned themeparks and nothing new or innovative will come out anymore. I've lost interest in mmo's because like I said all that coming out are bascally world of warcraft clones and no dev tries anything diffrent. I am personally waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2, because it'll be nothing like a WoW clone at all. I can't wait.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Love it and can't wait for release.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

It's decent and I pre-ordered it. Not something I will stick with long term but something I can play until GW2 comes out. I actually pre-ordered awhile back since I've been doing the beta for some time now. 

Main reason I pre-ordered..... it's not yet another EQ/WoW clone. Thank the gaming gods for that. 

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

People are gonna be in for a REAL shock that pre-ordered and haven't been in BETA.  I understand that some people are never gonna say a bad thing about any game no matter how much it's hyped or other people warn them ahead of time (FF, AoC, WAR, STO, CO, etc.).

I have been waiting for this game for SO long and igroned all the neagtive crap, etc.  I was in the BETA for the first few hours (not the open'ish one going on now, not even gonna bother though I was invited) and all I could think is:

"This IS w0w (any MMO out there) in space; the "haters" weren't lying.  There is absolutely nothing special about this game.  Voice acting and "interactive" quets?  Yea, that's gonna wear off in 5 mins for ADD America.  I also had the graphics on the highest setting (and lowest and it still performed like crap IMHO for this close to launch (yea, I FAR exceed requirements)), and the graphics I don't think even looked as good as AoC; I was just shocked.

I heard other people talking about it while it was still in closed, but there was, as I mentioned above, sects of people that vhemently defended everything about it and thought it was he greatest thing since sliced bread (no clue how they gave honest feedback when nothing was wrong with it ITHO).

*shrug* I wanted this to be my next goto till TSW (which I think ti's so funny the hater threads there based on never even trying the game,  just not liking the company) but I've canceled my pre-order.

I do hope it does well and people enjoy it; I hate to see any game fail, but it's NOT gonna be what some people are hoping for and I unfortunetly see it being just another game everyone loves pre-release and do nothing but bitch about for the next 3 years a month after.

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Greatest thing sing sliced bread.....Ok, well maybe not.

It's an MMORPG.  It has not changed the face of MMORPG gaming, like some hoped it would, but I like it.  It is a nice change of pace form other MMORPG's, as it puts more of the RPG back into it.  People downplay the value of the story aspect, but that is what RPG's are about.  The fact that you can play through the mission story lines with a personality, rather than just accepting quests,  gets you into the story that much more.  Because it's an MMO, it doesn't have the depth of a single player RPG, but that is to be expected.  

Originally posted by Kaerigan

It seems to depend heavily on the class you choose, at least for me. I started out with an Imperial Agent - I didn't like it very much to be honest. Then I made a Sith Warrior instead - it was much more entertaining. I have only tried these two classes so far but melee combat has to this point been a lot more smooth. So I kinda liked it and I pre-ordered back in July I think. Not a very smart move when you've not even tried the game but now I feel that it wasn't terribly wasted money at least.

Clearly it's a preference thing, because I really like the Imperial Agent, and many people feel it is one of the best classes in the game....as far as fun and the story go.  For people that like rogue type classes, they are a great choice. 

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398

I am enjoying the game. What i don;t understand is the people that say they are dissapointed cause this game plays like a MMO. BW has stated from the start what this game would be and they were right. This game is a  modern Themepark, nothing new or revolutionary. So if you were look for a revolutionary MMO you just haven't payed attention. I actually like MMO's so I like this game, if you don;t like Modern thempark MMO's you won't like this game, it is real simple.

• BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by vtravi

I am enjoying the game. What i don;t understand is the people that say they are dissapointed cause this game plays like a MMO. BW has stated from the start what this game would be and they were right. This game is a  modern Themepark, nothing new or revolutionary. So if you were look for a revolutionary MMO you just haven't payed attention. I actually like MMO's so I like this game, if you don;t like Modern thempark MMO's you won't like this game, it is real simple.

It's understandable to be dissapointed. It's not understandable to be shocked.

Simply because a developer claims the game is designed a certain way doesn't mean people can't be dissapointed. However, since the developers have stated their goals, it would unreasonable to be shocked or suprised.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

Its meh.. However, I never pre-ordered the game because the footage released up till the beta said it all. I knew what this game was and what it was going to be.  The Beta played exactly how I expected, so the only dissapointment on my part was the lack of a 'miracle'. I'm currenlty MMORPG-Less and it looks like it going to stay that way for a while more.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

I've been playing this game for a while now. I've made and re-made the same characters across various builds and seen it develop over time. Bioware are on to something major with this game, no matter what some folks might say.

My pre-order is paid for, and I just broke down and bought a new desktop rig to play it on full graphics because my last desktop died a horrible death and my laptop can only run SWTOR if I turn everything down low. I'm already looking forward to December 20th. 

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

For me I find TOR dull and lacklustre. For a game that's classed a MMO is just huge step backwards in the letters MMO.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Super boring game IMO. Some of the worst dungeons and laziest design work I've seen in a long time. Cancelled my preorder today after suffering for about 12 hours. No thanks!
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I am enjoying it a great deal. I've pre-ordered and looking forward to whatever early access day is sent my way. This is the 3rd character I created and I do agree with a few things that were said. I think they could have done more with the character customization. It's a little disconcerting in group 'chat rolls' to hear my voice and realize it's another character. I know that's because each class has it's own entire VO for quests and more voice options would mean 4 or 5Xs the amount of VO recordings. That and I would like to see more mobility on some of the NPCs

Neither of those is a game breaker, just a 'would like to see'.

Will I play this for the next 2-3 years? Probably not. Will I get a year out of it. At this point I would say probably so.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Exactly this...

But, there is a class for everyone, i could not stand trooper gameplay while a colleaugue of mine utterly loves it.

So try out the classes untill you find one you like.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194

I find this game extremely fun.  Unlike other games where I played for maybe 1 hour before stopping knowing this game will not be for me.  Warhammer, Rift, LOTRO.  In this game quests matter again, no quest texts, just sit and watch and pay attention to the movie.  I like it!!

• CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78

Verry nice game ,played now for about 7 hours.

Love that bounty Hunter :)

And being in beta,it run smouth never saw that in a beta .