Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A petition asking for all copies of Skyrim to be destroyed?

CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

So, while browsing my bookmarked sites, I came across an article at eurogamer.com, which brings to light a petition asking Obama to destroy any and all copies of Skyrim and prosecute anyone caught playing it. While I have personally poured 90 hours and counting into this game, I can't really see why anyone would make this movement against a game like Skyrim. Anyway, go to the article, have your LOL's, and note the 13 signatures on the petition thus far. :P

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-man-petitions-obama-to-destroy-all-copies-of-skyrim

Comments

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Cacaphony

So, while browsing my bookmarked sites, I came across an article at eurogamer.com, which brings to light a petition asking Obama to destroy any and all copies of Skyrim and prosecute anyone caught playing it. While I have personally poured 90 hours and counting into this game, I can't really see why anyone would make this movement a game like Skyrim. Anyway, go to the article, have your LOL's, and note the 13 signatures on the petition thus far. :P

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-man-petitions-obama-to-destroy-all-copies-of-skyrim

- 5 for speading the usless.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by tyrannis

So, while browsing my bookmarked sites, I came across an article at eurogamer.com, which brings to light a petition asking Obama to destroy any and all copies of Skyrim and prosecute anyone caught playing it. While I have personally poured 90 hours and counting into this game, I can't really see why anyone would make this movement a game like Skyrim. Anyway, go to the article, have your LOL's, and note the 13 signatures on the petition thus far. :P

So sorry man. :P Thought maybe some could get a good laugh from it. Oh well.

• PortizPortiz Member UncommonPosts: 62

We, the American people, today ask you,

1. To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as 'SkyRim' produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2. To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

3. To prosecute the players of 'SkyRim' to the fullest extent of the law.

4. To create a national database of videogame avatars and 'screen names' so that teenagers can be better monitored."

Yep Blizzard created Skyrim

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Lol, U can't expect better.  It just goes to show you that our lives are just a little bit too easy.  If people had more to think about, they wouldn't have time with such foolishness.

(I know that playing video games is a sure sign of too simple lifestyle, but with crap like that, its too too easy :)

I self identify as a monkey.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

It's probably just a troll who made it.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

Originally posted by Thendil

We, the American people, today ask you,

1. To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as 'SkyRim' produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2. To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

4. To create a national database of videogame avatars and 'screen names' so that teenagers can be better monitored."

Yep Blizzard created Skyrim

lol. do you think they just got confused because its got the word "rim" in its title? Perhaps they though it was game about skydiving arse lickers or something like!

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Seige105Seige105 Member UncommonPosts: 17

-5 for speading on the forums.

Spell check is pro when u post a negative comment .

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

So sorry man. :P Thought maybe some could get a good laugh from it. Oh well.

I don't find that very funny because it sounds like something Obama might actually try and then tell us how wonderful things are.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

It is funny.  Although everyone who actually went to the link gets a -5.  Only the OP who found the link should have subjected himself to this danger in order to get the laugh to us.

I self identify as a monkey.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

who is more doped the guy or the petition? lol man better stop mixxing pills and videogames...

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Talos guide us all.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Irony:

They claim to stand for the foundations of which this nation was built. but they want people to be monitored. These people need to be locked up for the America's safety.

I'm guessing there is some man love in Skyrim that has them so upset?

"Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,

"Whereas a new video game has just been created that far exceeds any others in the psychological and spiritual damage it does to teens,

"We, the American people, today ask you,

This discussion has been closed.