Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are these signs of a triple A mmo launch?

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

To all Fan boys and the ones to be calling me a troll:

* First of all i've never played WOW

* I trully want swtor to be a great game!

* I have an absolutely open opinion about anything untill i try it

From my personal experience and all i've been reading on these forums and mostly on the tester/support forums of SWTOR, let me ask all of you this:

1) Login problems for over 50% of the tester player base less than a month from a multi-million production. Reasons vary but are 100% server/login side. I realise this is still beta. I want to log in game and test the game.After that i trully don't mind crashes ,glitches or whatever.Let me login first. And to those who will state that the login process is also in beta...all i have to say is this: Official launch is less than a month and there are over a million players waiting.Login process should be spot on by now...My argument are two words only:  Rift and Aion

2)Delayed recognition of existing technical problems from the forum administrators and minimal information on how to "try' and fix the issues.Solutions which came mainly from the eager beta testers (customers and not the developers)who actually provided them on test forums and afterwards were copy-pasted as an official guide on how to 'try" and solve your problems.Really can Bioware's devs can be any slower on solving login issues?

3)Wiping tester forums after beta testers quit raged due to login issues(yes i used the word quit because most of them declared they won't be buying the game or they will cancel preorder). No more needed to add here.Let me repeat: They wiped the beta tester forums

Comments

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144

Only fan boys will enjoy that crap game, itis pretty much a bad version of WoW.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

Some people just don't understand...

One of the best tripple A launches was Rift believe it or not. A game that forced people into queues that seemed impossible. Weeks of waiting time to get onto the server.

All tripple A games enjoy a wobbly release, its just how it is. Bitch and moan to your hearts content upon release. Right now they want this situation to occur, thats why its called stress testing.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

All the issues you posted are normal for development cycle SWOTR currently is nor the attitude of devs is out of norm.

Testers at this stage are more like bots, a mechanical instrument to test your software. There is no premise nor need to be actively communicating with them.

Forum cleanage was at place.

No worries, nothing unusual is going there.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Ahem...
    What part of "stress test" do you not understand? Or did you just jump at the chance to use this test to.fit your own agenda?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

You mean they are having problems with a million or more other people all trying to log in at the same time  during a stress test ?

Well golly gee!

Guess what, they knew before the stress test that there would be problems. They want to see the problems and fix them before launch. Maybe thats the whole reason for the stress test.

man.... some people's kids.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Question should have been "Are these signs of a massive BETA weekend?"

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

This is the first open beta where they opened the flood gates. I guess some people just want to play for free and nothing more that is why all the complaining. They are going to stress their servers because never before so many players logged into SWTOR since the beta started.

As far as BETA goes it is runs damn smooth and servers are stable.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Ahem...

What part of "stress test" do you not understand? Or did you just jump at the chance to use this test to.fit your own agenda?

No agenda here mate. I am a Star Wars geek and i'd love for this game to succeed.

But look at who is talking about agenda...Mr 'have-a-darth-vader-wannabe-avatar-as-my-sig". You have an agenda.You are a fan boy and cannot see things objectively.

As to these situations being a stress test i will repeat my argument:  Aion and RIFT*

* Never subbed at RIFT.Never will....

**Subbed 3 months at AION , hated the game, quit.

Originally posted by Supersoups
    This is the first open beta where they opened the flood gates.

Actually it isn't open beta, it is still closed beta as the access is invite only.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by mrcjevans

nothing beats my game, being WOW....it is the best ever, and the best there ever will be and I have my bedroom decorated with WOW memorabilia.

fixed.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by pupurun

Ahem...

No agenda here mate. I am a Star Wars geek and i'd love for this game to succeed.

But look at who is talking about agenda...Mr 'have-a-darth-vader-wannabe-avatar-as-my-sig". You have an agenda.You are a fan boy and cannot see things objectively.

As to these situations being a stress test i will repeat my argument:  Aion and RIFT*

Are you talking about stress tests for Rift and Aion? or are you talking about release?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Supersoups

This is the first open beta where they opened the flood gates.

Actually it isn't open beta, it is still closed beta as the access is invite only.

I know it is techincally not an open beta but i hope you understood what i was trying to say about stressing the servers.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What is your argument again?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    LoL.....you really aim to entertain don't you? Must be, cause you just made me laugh my ass off.

What's the matter, don't like being called out? Your gial was obvious crom the start.

As for me being a "fanboi " of any game, my spost history speaks for itself.

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Not gonna really talk on point 2 and 3, but point 1 is pretty much the major reason of this entire weekend. Its a stress test, and they're putting the servers (both game and login) under ridiculous stress to see how it handles it. Why on earth you would expect this to be perfect boggles my mind

Originally posted by laserit

Ahem...

Are you talking about stress tests for Rift and Aion? or are you talking about release?

I am talking about closed and open betas for both games.There were of course numerous of issues.But at least you could log in game from time to time and actually understand WHY you couldn't when there was a problem.

At SWTOR beta weekend you have thousands of testers receiving messages about logging from a region they are not allowed to play from.But official answer was ''region is not the issue" but security questions/answers could....

Originally posted by SupersoupsI know it is techincally not an open beta but i hope you understood what i was trying to say about stressing the servers.

I Definitely got your point, sorry for hair splitting :(

I surely agree with you. Testing is for developers, not the tester.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Ahem...

This is a sign of a triple A MMO performing a stress test.  Launch isn't until late December.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Not gonna really talk on point 2 and 3, but point 1 is pretty much the major reason of this entire weekend. Its a stress test, and they're putting the servers (both game and login) under ridiculous stress to see how it handles it. Why on earth you would expect this to be perfect boggles my mind

Not asking for perfect. Not even asking for succesful login,i should. Cause logging means me ,the tester, actually testing more than just the logging process. Unless they wanted to stress only that. I don't think so. Besides they have admitted that this issue IS NOT due to "stress"( of a large number ofsimultaneous logged users that is) .Actually they only said they are looking into it.....I am pretty sure they are ready on the "stress" part or at least they will be when launch day approaches....

It's not about playing for free, or even tasting this famous mmo for the first time. It's not about why him and not me. It's about a multi-million production less than a month of its official launch were millions of paying customer will start demanding hundreds of rational or crazy things and their login process incomprehensive confusing and most of all unsuccesful for a large portion of the testers. We are talking about NOT logging at all. Not about "having some difficulties with logging".

And while i'm at it let me remind you about their beta selection and invitation which did not include date/time or even download link and thousands of people were asking eachother ! All they had to do is add this plain phrase at the end of the BETA selection e-mail we received:

Example:

"Please expect an additional mail informing you on the when and hows.We'd appreciate if you'd not nerd rage our support forums until then. Thank you"

Amateuristic composition of a BETA invite mail if you'd ask me.In my opinion,someone should to be fired about this

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Not asking for perfect. Not even asking for succesful login,i should. Cause logging means me ,the tester, actually testing more than just the logging process. Unless they wanted to stress only that. I don't think so. Besides they have admitted that this issue IS NOT due to "stress"( of a large number ofsimultaneous logged users that is) .Actually they only said they are looking into it.....I am pretty sure they are ready on the "stress" part or at least they will be when launch day approaches....

It's not about playing for free, or even tasting this famous mmo for the first time. It's not about why him and not me. It's about a multi-million production less than a month of its official launch were millions of paying customer will start demanding hundreds of rational or crazy things and their login process incomprehensive confusing and most of all unsuccesful for a large portion of the testers. We are talking about NOT logging at all. Not about "having some difficulties with logging".

And while i'm at it let me remind you about their beta selection and invitation which did not include date/time or even download link and thousands of people were asking eachother ! All they had to do is add this plain phrase at the end of the BETA selection e-mail we received:

Example:

"Please expect an additional mail informing you on the when and hows.We'd appreciate if you'd not nerd rage our support forums until then. Thank you"

Amateuristic composition of a BETA invite mail if you'd ask me.In my opinion,someone should to be fired about this

Hehehehehehe. Off with their heads!

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

No stress fails here. Just failed installation - two 20gb downloads and both error out on installation and have to be redownloaded.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Stress tests idea is that they stuff everyone and their grannies on small amount of servers to see how much people they can accomodate per server before their servers catch fire...therefore lag and login problems are to be expected.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

so what if they wiped the beta test forums there is nothing to stop people postin same thing on main forums there isnt an NDA anymore

Second lots of very very stupid people. They are having a staggered beta, people are able to log on today and more tomorow.

the people that were told to log on satruday did not read email and are pissed they cant get on today.

people are also pissed that they are in q;s that is 100% normal, RIft had Q's for months so did WoW.SO did War, So did AOC etc.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

So you never subbed WoW, Rift, and you are calling Aion a AAA MMO? Gotcha.

So just curious, why would you be trying to compare a game to a standard which you have never experienced? I mean if you dont know what you are talking about, and judgring from some of your comments you clearly havent been thru a process like this, why would you expect everyone to take you seriously?

TOR beta compared to up to 6 hour queues to login to Rift at launch? And you are saying Rift was done right? Okay....

Cause logging means me ,the tester, actually testing more than just the logging process....

The point of those tests is to find broken things or even break some new ones. Thus complaining about broken things is very silly...

And once again, testing is not done for testers so they can w/e, testing is solely for dev purposes.

You seem getting some personalized emails from BioWare as I did not get anything like that. Could that be the email isn't sent by BioWare but site that provided you a beta key?