Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the End Game ?

13»

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

*sigh*

@Channel. This wasn't about focus, I'm not going into what is more meaningful or anything like that. Thats all subjective and until we actually get to end-game we don't know how much effort was put into that. I don't like talking about stuff like how much focus they did or did not put into end-game until we've actually gotten to it.

I can see your trying to paint me as some kind of blind fanboi of the game (and i'm sad that your trying to do this, cause i thought you were better then this...i guess not) my comment was basically to turn it around and show how you might feel, Didn't get the point across i guess. Whatever.

The question was asked, what did TOR have as end-game. Not what the focus was. So when someone said it was just reroll i correct them, as i did you. There really is no reason to get upset or retailate the way you have about it. Just kind of sad. That why i said you might want to leave this to some people who know more about the game as they can better answer it for the OP. You see i'm trying to keep it clear so the OP just doesn't think it's go through the story, and once you get to end-game thats it. Theres nothing. no raids or anything, which isn't true as there is a good bit.

We do know theres PvP (illum) we do know theres crafting (kinda vague on this one if it's end-game as you can't make the best of all gear as raiders will still get better gear then crafters) , we do know there are raids, we do know all flashpoints can be converted to level 50, we do know theres solo end-game. We do know theres the outlaw's den. We can go back and forth over and over again how we "think" this and that were the focus. The focus is and always has been story. But seeing as that intertwines everything in the game, that doesn't rule anything out.

What I do care about what is in game and providing the facts of said game not how much of an effort they put into it. If you want to go down that road, feel free to pop up a new thread and i'll go back and forth with you over that. The way you see me now you may be surprised as some of my answers.

It's why my title is what it is. As me and Gaou try to bring facts of the game. Not subjective things. I corrected you for the sake of facts. That was all. Anyway i really am done here now i just wanted to state that and i didn't want to do it in a PM because i feel your trying to tarnish my image by painting me as a blind fanboi of the game and refuse to see faults, as my preview of the game clearly and i do mean very clearly shows i do see faults of the game. But that isn't the point of this thread. This thread was what was end-game about. The question was answered, so i feel this thread is done.

@at OP: So good luck OP, hope the answer that were given were to your satisfaction.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by dubyahite

Speaking to PC Gamer in its new 'MMO issue', the game's creative director James Olhen said:

"We're looking at classic [endgame] systems, but we're also doing something brand new that hasn't been done in an MMO before. So we're going to mix those two together."

Olhen then got hushed by the game's product manager, but added that Bioware was keen for players to continue questing after hitting maximum.

"We want to make sure the endgame isn't completely different to what you have been doing," he said. "So there will be a natural progression... We want to make sure that when people play ToR they feel like they never run out of content... that it's an epic story."

You're being pretty selective in what you take out of that quote.

Looks like he said it will be mainly the same but we're doing "something" new as well.

Didn't really sound like he said it was coin to revolutionize MMOs or anything. A bit of context is always nice

And "what hasn't been done before"?

Raids? Dungeon gear grind? It was in DOZENS of interviews, but I am not going to find all of them, just because you are planning to defend SWTOR whatever may come.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by Elikal

Raids? Dungeon gear grind? It was in DOZENS of interviews, but I am not going to find all of them, just because you are planning to defend SWTOR whatever may come.

And I doubt anyone is going to find any arguements to fight you with Elikal. You've rabidly poo-poo'd everything repeatedly. Ever get that 238 hour download done?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Digna

And I doubt anyone is going to find any arguements to fight you with Elikal. You've rabidly poo-poo'd everything repeatedly. Ever get that 238 hour download done?

I stick to facts, not wishful thinking.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

There was no wishful thinking in the post on end game content. Just that 'they' encouraged questing even at max level. Standard stuff and there 'might' be something new/a twist.

Oh well. GL in the beta if your DL is done.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

There was no wishful thinking in the post on end game content. Just that 'they' encouraged questing even at max level. Standard stuff and there 'might' be something new/a twist.

Oh well. GL in the beta if your DL is done.

Yes Elikal has professed some dislikes and all that but actually i'm going through the logs trying to find what they were refering to because james did speicifically state that they were going to mix what has been done with something entirely brand new, and i'm at this moment trying (should be easy maybe my search foo is failing) to find what that is.

Maybe it's outlaw's den where your group can fight either side over a rare merchant ala:

Outlaws Den

Type: Open World - Guild on Guild - Free for all

Info: Based on Tatooine this large area is designed for Guilds and other random players can congregate and attempt to best each other in a neutral, segregated area

Free-for-all rules: Kill anyone and everything that isn’t in your own party/group, including players of your same faction - AskAJedi

Rare vendors – that are killable – and don’t re-spawn on a regular schedule - AskAJedi

Rare resources for Crew Skills - AskAJedi

If anyone has anything else, for the moment...this is all i can find that appears new to me.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by dronfwar

http://www.askajedi.com/2011/11/08/fan-site-summit-ilum-open-world-pvp-detailed/

sounds like  world pvp blizzard tried where you have to control towers and you get a buff if you do so. how exciting a buff. Eventually people will just ignore illium unless there is reason to control these 5 points other than some lame buff and crafting resources that are not as good as the stuff gained in raids.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by nerovipus32

http://www.askajedi.com/2011/11/08/fan-site-summit-ilum-open-world-pvp-detailed/

sounds like a world pvp blizzard tried where you have to control towers and you get a buff if you do so. how exciting a buff. Eventually people will just ignore illium unless there is reason to control these 5 points other than some lame buff.

I always though poeple did things in a game because there fun to do.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Coman

Originally posted by nerovipus32

sounds like a world pvp blizzard tried where you have to control towers and you get a buff if you do so. how exciting a buff. Eventually people will just ignore illium unless there is reason to control these 5 points other than some lame buff.

I always though poeple did things in a game because there fun to do.

im not saying its not fun but you know aswell as i do that people will ignore it unless they are rewarded for doing it. im happy just pvp'ing for fun but the masses want shinies. From my experience with warhammer online people will take the fastest route for a reward and if thats battlegrounds then your world pvp is dead already.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

?for the record for all ive read the best pvp gear comes from a combo of warzones and open world pvp. Not just one or the other. u really need to do both to get the totally best gear u want. Although ive also read u can swap tokens from one for tokens from the other to buy gear as well.

So technicly u can do open world pvp for your end game and get all your nice shiny's for pvp. Raids are gonna be best shiny's for pve. Although they have stated crafted gear is some of the best gear in game as well.

They also have the mod system which while u have to run the raids for the mods will allow u to pimp out a crafted piece of gear to raids level stats.

the point of doing world pvp is everytime u do it u get some sort of badge but also because u enjoy it. Im sorry not everyone runs stuff just for gear. I never raided for gear. I always did it because i had a blast. Gear was nice but id of raided gear or no gear just because its content i enjoyed.

There are those i know in wow who even when they get all there great pvp gear still pvp . Why they love to do it so im sure while some players maybe 10 pct care more about there shiny then fun i think most people who play mmos play for fun and do what they enjoy most .

I just dont see people who didnt like raiding running there guildies who didnt run yet through raids if they didnt enjoy it.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by channel84

Originally posted by jerlot65

TOr has raiding and much other end game content.  The Daniel quote is takien out of context.  He was explaining that the raids will be hard and that it is for seasoned players with fully decked out toons.  If raiding is NOT your cup of tea then you can reroll.

Nowhere did they say the focus of endgame was rerolling.  But they did say they encourage it.

Summary of what daniel said minus the PR bs

The raid will not be as difficult/challenging as other mmo but it'll still provide decent challenge. If many player prefer raid as oppose to reroll as end game content we will consider bumping up the difficulty but currently our stand is that only hardcore mmo player like difficult raid.

As for the reroll focus as end game content. I think it's resonable to acknowledge that since they planned out different story for each class and encourage reroll. Comparing the amount of effort put in making raid/pvp to providing alternative experience for reroll is where i base my point.

But i think i've proven myself enough for general mmo forum user to do their own research. Moving on....

PS: if your not rolling alt then you're missing out a major chunk of the content ^^

Can we at least agree that TOR is launching with more "end game" content than any mmo since the WoW/EQ2 launches (with the exception MAYBE of Rift because I don't remember how many raids or dungeons it launched with, but it didn't launch with any objective based open pvp areas either)?  Actually it is launching with more endgame content than WoW had at launch.  It definitely has more end game content than WAR, AOC, STO, CO, FFXIV, LOTRO, and I feel as though I'm missing one or two in there.  So I don't really see what th eproblem is.  And this is "traditional" end-game I'm talking about (dungeons, raids, pvp) rather than rolling an alt.

• nightfallrobnightfallrob Member Posts: 167

My understanding is raiding and PvP, same as most MMOs. Also, the game has a lot re-playability so if you enjoy cranking out an alt it should be fun, as each character type has their own story.

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

Reroll seem to be the "end game" for ToR, at least the fans are taking well to it ^^

The pinnacle of mmo after so much money invested....sigh

^ This

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by marquisk2

Reroll seem to be the "end game" for ToR, at least the fans are taking well to it ^^

The pinnacle of mmo after so much money invested....sigh

^ This

What is exaclty is missing from SWTOR that sjhould be included in end game?