Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the End Game ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I've heard some  people expect to max a character in 3 weeks(based on their beta experience). DOES ANY ONE KNOW...not guess or conjecture....what endgame activitys will be in the game to hold players ,and frankly justify the $59.95 and $15 monthly charge?

Dungeon Raiding ?

Hutball ?

??

Comments

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

3 weeks of hardcore play to reach max level alone would be well worth 60 bones.  It depends how much per week we are talking, lets say it was a casual 20 hrs a week thats still 60 hrs being 1 dollar an hour for a fun hour find me a better deal than that for other fun activities? 

Theres a good chance this 3 weeks was a hardcore 40-60 hr week of gaming making the leveling time 120+ hrs which would be crazy good value at 50 cents an hour of fun.

Im sure at max level u will hutball and run a few dung adding some hours but honestly level to max do abit and quit knowing you got more than your value if you dont agree then I suggest you go outside and try some other activities you cant really beat the value for gaming.

I just droped 50 on skyrim I am basicaly done withthe game and logged 70 hrs total and I feel great about the purchase I can drop a lot more than 50 in a single night out at the movies or a single UFC pay-per-view in terms of value I am always satisfied with my games.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I've heard some  people expect to max a character in 3 weeks(based on their beta experience). DOES ANY ONE KNOW...not guess or conjecture....what endgame activitys will be in the game to hold players ,and frankly justify the $59.95 and $15 monthly charge?

Dungeon Raiding ?

Hutball ?

??

Even if you bypass the story and max out your character in 3 weeks.  You have world pvp, huttball, repeatable raids, world bosses, battlegrounds.  And lets say you don't like any of those group end game content.  You will have 7 more class stories to play thru, giving you 21 more weeks of BIoware RPG goodness.

But honestly if you don't like the end game they have and/or dont like watching a Bioware story unfold in front of you, then why would even play this game?

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    2 raids
    15 dungeons hard mode for level 50
    3 pvp instanced warzones
    Open world objective based pvp zone
    Open world FFA pvp zone
    Crafting
    End game solo story content.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

U fogot tht there are at least 9 other pvp lakes they said they had lakes on 11 planets we know tatooines is a ffa pvp zone I dont know if illum is one of the lakes they talk about or not .

So there is everything u can ask for not to mention what everyone forgets really makes the mmo world go around alts.

Roll an alt to see the other class stories.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Reroll seem to be the "end game" for ToR, at least the fans are taking well to it ^^

The pinnacle of mmo after so much money invested....sigh

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by dubyahite

2 raids

3 pvp instanced warzones

Open world FFA pvp zone

Crafting

Channel as much as i respect you as a poster, it might be wise to let the fans who know more about the game then you seem to, to inform people about the game.  Just a note so you don't accidently mislead people about what the game actually offers.

Note: yes i know i quoted Dubyahite. but responded to channel, it's to point out that Dub has given the correct answer.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

2 raids

3 pvp instanced warzones

Open world FFA pvp zone

Crafting

actually, they have 3 modes for the PvE: Normal, Hard and Nightmare. Swtor have also the legacy system as a new endgame addition, where you will earn experience and it will be expanded after launch. And by the time most of us hit 50 will find more endgame content in the live servers. 

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

2 raids15 dungeons hard mode for level 503 pvp instanced warzonesOpen world objective based pvp zoneOpen world FFA pvp zoneCraftingEnd game solo story content.

There's also the space combat missions. Which I know most people aren't excited for, but they look really fun.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Your average player is not going to cap out in three weeks, especially on their first toon.

Playing hardcore (taking vacation from work, getting very little sleep) it takes a month to hit 40.

That is without skipping the story, mind you.

Originally posted by whilan

Channel as much as i respect you as a poster, it might be wise to let the fans who know more about the game then you seem to, to inform people about the game.  Just a note so you don't accidently mislead people about what the game actually offers.

Note: yes i know i quoted Dubyahite. but responded to channel, it's to point out that Dub has given the correct answer.

Quote  from Daniel Erickson during a Darth Hater interview

"One of the things that we want to make sure of is that the raids are going to bump up. The first raid should obviously not be the "wipe everybody forever" raid, and there is a little more context for what is going on. But as far as difficulty... it is going to come from testing like everything else. We're going to have to see how our population handles it and what our population is that gets there. If it turns out that the population is really pushing endgame as opposed to going alts, and is actually hardcore MMO people, then I'm betting those raids are going to be hard "

I doubt you or me know more about the game than daniel erickson ^^

PS: I understand it's hard to see any flaw in your fav game but try not to misled people when the dev are planning rerolling alt as a main end game content.

Originally posted by channel84

"One of the things that we want to make sure of is that the raids are going to bump up. The first raid should obviously not be the "wipe everybody forever" raid, and there is a little more context for what is going on. But as far as difficulty... it is going to come from testing like everything else. We're going to have to see how our population handles it and what our population is that gets there. If it turns out that the population is really pushing endgame as opposed to going alts, and is actually hardcore MMO people, then I'm betting those raids are going to be hard "

PS: I understand it's hard to see any flaw in your fav game but try not to misled people when the dev are planning rerolling alt as a main end game content.

Even in that quote you gave it shows they are doing raids, plus alts.

We also have outlaw's den which has black market people that sell rare items that you can flip, theres illum which we have footage of that shows the end-game. We have quotes about flashpoints. This isn't stuff i'm making up to make the game better these are facts of the games.

If you viewed my preview of the game you'll see that i'm not just assuming it has no flaws. Not even sure how you came by that remark or why you would go there as we aren't talking about how well done things are or wether TOR is right for doing something (boogle) we are talking about facts of what a game has, and from you saying just reroll only, is misleading at best.

I'm sure if you wanted examples of these things and quotes i could get them. Though i'm sure somone like yourself would rather want to look that up yourself rather then have someone hand feed you the info.

Edit: i want to add we are not talking about what is more of the focus, but what the game actually has, just wanted to clear that up before we start going down that road. It's not focus or anything, its about what the actual game has. Maybe thats where you got confused and why you posted about reroll only as the focus instead of what it actually has.

Second Edit: I actually did some tracking down of the quote as i like to know all the details when i'm debating things. This quote is taken from E3 2011. Thats June for those who don't know. Quite a bit has come out since then and things can change, The OP isn't asking what end-game is as of June but as of now.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• xxantiheroxxxxantiheroxx Member UncommonPosts: 68

Well, with MMOs nothing is ever set in stone. They obviously realized that not everyone is going to want to roll alts as an end game option. So they have 2 raids and 15 dungeons with varying difficulties. They also said the VERY BEST gear will come from raids only, so people that want to maximize their characters out will be raiding.

If they didn't have raiding in mind as a main end game activity, I really doubt they would put the best gear there. Leveling alts is just meant to be an alterate form of progression for players that don't want to or can't raid or something to do for raiders in their spare time.

Also, I didnt see it mentioned yet, but for end game they will also have both PvE and PvP daily quests.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by xxantiheroxx

Well, with MMOs nothing is ever set in stone. They obviously realized that not everyone is going to want to roll alts as an end game option. So they have 2 raids and 15 dungeons with varying difficulties. They also said the VERY BEST gear will come from raids only, so people that want to maximize their characters out will be raiding.
    If they didn't have raiding in mind as a main end game activity, I really doubt they would put the best gear there. Leveling alts is just meant to be an alterate form of progression for players that don't want to or can't raid or something to do for raiders in their spare time.
    Also, I didnt see it mentioned yet, but for end game they will also have both PvE and PvP daily quests.

Very best PVE gear. Yes. Raiding.

Very best PVP gear? Warzones and the open warzone world.

Even in that quote you gave it shows they are doing raids, plus alts.

We also have outlaw's den which has black market people that sell rare items that you can flip, theres illum which we have footage of that shows the end-game. We have quotes about flashpoints. This isn't stuff i'm making up to make the game better these are facts of the games.

If you viewed my preview of the game you'll see that i'm not just assuming it has no flaws. Not even sure how you came by that remark or why you would go there as we aren't talking about how well done things are or wether TOR is right for doing something (boogle) we are talking about facts of what a game has, and from you saying just reroll only, is misleading at best.

I'm sure if you wanted examples of these things and quotes i could get them. Though i'm sure somone like yourself would rather want to look that up yourself rather then have someone hand feed you the info.

Edit: i want to add we are not talking about what is more of the focus, but what the game actually has, just wanted to clear that up before we start going down that road. It's not focus or anything, its about what the actual game has. Maybe thats where you got confused and why you posted about reroll only as the focus instead of what it actually has.

Question : What is the selling point of ToR/bioware games?

Bioware promise different story for each class and your trying to say that my point of ToR using rerolling alt as a type of end game content is misleading others? They spent most efford and time to make the rerolling alt endgame model work more than any mmo/single player game i've seen. The rest of their so called end game feature are just so so compare to other mmo on the market.

It may sound dumb but rerolling alt is where the development is focus on, telling player otherwise is just plain misleading.

Reroll seem to be the "end game" for ToR, at least the fans are taking well to it ^^

Just incase you forgot (yes i'm trying to be nice here)

You said Reroll seems to e the "end game" for ToR (it's TOR but thats nitpicky)

Theres nothing about focus or what is the main end-game, when someone (like me) reads this it basically says for end-game you got reroll. It doesn't say agian anything about focus or what the main end-game is, it just says Reroll seems to be the "end game" which is true in part but it's not the only part of it as the undertone of the post gives.

I'm just trying to elobrate to show theres more to end-game then just simply rerolling, i don't care what the focus is, i care what the stuff is currently in and giving people that.

I'll switch this around on you.

PVP seems to be the "end game" for GW2, at least the fans are taking well to it

Just incase you forgot (yes i'm trying to be nice here)

You said Reroll seems to e the "end game" for ToR (it's TOR but thats nitpicky)

Theres nothing about focus or what is the main end-game, when someone (like me) reads this it basically says for end-game you got reroll. It doesn't say agian anything about focus or what the main end-game is, it just says Reroll seems to be the "end game" which is true in part but it's not the only part of it as the undertone of the post gives.

I'm just trying to elobrate to show theres more to end-game then just simply rerolling, i don't care what the focus is, i care what the stuff is currently in and giving people that.

I'll switch this around on you.

PVP seems to be the "end game" for GW2, at least the fans are taking well to it

I'm saying rerolling alt is the main end game attraction for ToR but if you "don't care what the focus is" then don't bother arguing. 

my point of argument 

-dev said so in the interview

-efford in making unique story for each class

-VO, story driven gameplay as a selling point

Raider will be dissapointed by the raid in ToR (the amount/dificulty/complexity is lacking)

PvPer will be dissapointed by the lack of siege and large scale pvp focus and incentive

BG...eh i'll skip that

Crafting....eh i'll also skip that

15 dungeon that will be repetitive of what you'll be doing before you hit max level....eh i'll also skip that

If a player is a hardcore raider/crafter/pvper, would you say ToR is THE game for him due to the raid/pvp/crafting?

Ever notice that all the positive impression/review is focus on the atmosphere/story/vo?

I'm predicting a respond akin to "i love everthing about ToR and it's perfect for me, none of your mention is a problem for me" but sadly i'm not here to entertain blind devotion or fanboyism.

Btw in regard to the gw2 comment. I sure hope WvsWvsW pvp can be the endgame focus of gw2. It'll be the best thing since DAoC since it's 3 faction pvp (bioware mythic should take some lesson and implement it in their WAR)^^ thankfully gw2 didn't cost a bomb to make and still have decent animation and VO ^^

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Guess what?

<---- GW 2 forum is that way.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Guess what?

Yup, let stick with ToR whilan, feel free to start a end game thread at gw2 forum if you wanna discuss more.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Guess what?

Yup, let stick with ToR whilan, feel free to start a end game thread at gw2 forum if you wanna discuss more.

TOr has raiding and much other end game content.  The Daniel quote is takien out of context.  He was explaining that the raids will be hard and that it is for seasoned players with fully decked out toons.  If raiding is NOT your cup of tea then you can reroll.

Nowhere did they say the focus of endgame was rerolling.  But they did say they encourage it.

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Guess what?

Someone has a chip on their shoulder.

It's been stated numerous times that while alt-rolling is an option - mainly because of the unique storylines - that there are other options such as raiding and PVP, both world and instanced. 

If you're not content with that answer, I don't understand the argument. Or you're arguing to for no reason.

There's PVP. Raiding. Rolling Alts.

There's your End Game.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Some MMO's are more about the voyage then about the goals.

For a lot of players SW:TOR could be such a game.

We will have to see what happens when Bioware starts pushing new content, will there be enough stories and raids to keep the playerbase occupied?  We don'r know yet.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Some MMO's are more about the voyage then about the goals.

For a lot of players SW:TOR could be such a game.

We will have to see what happens when Bioware starts pushing new content, will there be enough stories and raids to keep the playerbase occupied?  We don'r know yet.

this is true and I intend to play SWToR like this, mostly as a single player story driven RPG.  I hope it lasts 2-3 months but time will tell.  I have no intention of ever setting foot in a raid or a dungeon unless with friends I make along the way.  If Illum turns out to be decent it ccould keep me hooked longer but Im not holding my breath and especially considering GW2 might be out with 3-4 months.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Flashpoints,Operations with multiple difficulties, Warzones,Open world pvp on illum/tatooine,heroic group content for gaining social points as well as DS/LS points if you need any,new characters,Crafting, and space combat dailies if you like it. That covers the bulk of it, you could also go back and do things like fill out the codex and achievements as well as pickup datacrons. 

More then likely the lasting value will come from raid content and open world pvp. Essentially it is like most other themeparks, but with alot of added value to the "journey" and the addition of territorial world pvp. (which most mmos tend to not have, or half-ass)How it stands the test of time will probably be determined by how quickly they can produce end game content but hopefully they try some new ideas. The legacy system is a good start, so they should expand upon that. It will also depend on the difficulty of the raids at launch.

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Originally posted by Celcius

Flashpoints,Operations with multiple difficulties, Warzones,Open world pvp on illum/tatooine,heroic group content for gaining social points as well as DS/LS points if you need any,new characters,Crafting, and space combat dailies if you like it. That covers the bulk of it, you could also go back and do things like fill out the codex and achievements as well as pickup datacrons. 

More then likely the lasting value will come from raid content and open world pvp. Essentially it is like most other themeparks, but with alot of added value to the "journey" and the addition of territorial world pvp. (which most mmos tend to not have, or half-ass)How it stands the test of time will probably be determined by how quickly they can produce end game content but hopefully they try some new ideas. The legacy system is a good start, so they should expand upon that. It will also depend on the difficulty of the raids at launch.

I like this guy.