Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play a game like Diablo?

hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

I just heard of news that Mythos Global is going to hold its CBT on Dec. 1. To those who are not familiar, Mythos was developed by some of the makers of Diablo and its core gameplay is very much similar to it.

So if it's like Diablo, would you play it? Or are you just sticking to the original?

I got a key already because I want to try if it's good like Diablo.

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

Comments

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    I still play D2.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'd try any game like Diablo, apart from those that seem to think cash shops belong in them.

• LariendelLariendel Member Posts: 23

I played mythos for a little while.  It's kind of fun but I didn't get nearly as much enjoyment out of mythos as I did the diablo games.  The combat seemed a little slow and the classes weren't as fun in my opinion.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Mythos already closed twice. This is 3rd try. So nah I am keeping mysefl far away from it.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Originally posted by fenistil

Mythos already closed twice. This is 3rd try. So nah I am keeping mysefl far away from it.

What about the "third time is a charm" rule, or was that "third time's a strike"..

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Originally posted by hardgames

I just heard of news that Mythos Global is going to hold its CBT on Dec. 1. To those who are not familiar, Mythos was developed by some of the makers of Diablo and its core gameplay is very much similar to it.

So if it's like Diablo, would you play it? Or are you just sticking to the original?

A) its not good like daiblo

B) it had been developed by some of the developers of diablo but then they sold it before finishinhg it to another company. that should tell you something right there

C)  Diablo  will be out in a few Months with skyrim and SW:Tor and other games here or just around the corer I'm not hard up enough to invest time in a 3rd rate knock off sold ad regurgitated Diablo wannabe

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I enjoy Diablo but mythos is a horrible game, was so excited to play it when it relaunched then realized they changed absolutely nothing and even then tried to give it a chance but its just bad. 

• MaggeliMaggeli Member Posts: 21

iam gonna kill myself when d3 is out coz the computer i have now cant take it:(

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

The upcoming Lineage 3/Eternal looks like something i'd like to give it a shot.

Traditional gameplay like Diablo or Mythos though? I'll pass.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by poefue

I still play D2.

a-yep. +1

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I would play a game like Diablo. In fact, I am playing a game exactly like Diablo. Diablo 3. I also played Mythos and it is no Diablo. There is pretty much nothing about Mythos that was good. It was very disappointing.

That Lineage 3 looks pretty cool though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Maggeli
    iam gonna kill myself when d3 is out coz the computer i have now cant take it:(

I'm running:
    Intel Core2 Duo e6450
    4gb ram
    ATI HD5770
    Windows XP

With all the settings maxed out, Diablo 3 runs like a champ. I think people are going to be very surprised at how friendly it's going to be to not so new systems.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by hardgames

i played european Mythos a while ago and didnt like it... Diablo is not my cup of tea but i would try any free to play diablo-ish mmo for fun

• T.WrightT.Wright Member Posts: 9

Diablo lookalike sound like fun. I would like to try this when waiting for Diablo III coming out because i failed to get the Close Beta key. I've been a big fanz of Diablo since the 1st one coming out....

P/S: Hello everyone. I'm new in this forum too. Hope to we will get along with sharing information about gaming together..it's funz.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

In answer to the question asked in the thread title, I have.  Several times.  I think I'm done with that type game now.

• paps26paps26 Member Posts: 24

I played diablo way back and I wanted to try again something similar. 

Is Mythos still giving away keys?

• adiktusadiktus Member Posts: 128

I think their partner sites are still giving away keys. You can try to catch up. CBT will still be open for a few more hours. If not, you can just wait for their OBT.