Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a good F2P MMO with a good community and roleplay

LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

I'm LF a F2P MMO thats fun, has a good community and a good roleplaying server/community. Tried LoTRO but I got bored of it quite fast. Any others?

Comments

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

I read your sig and I'm not sure if you'd still enjoy some of those games, but City of Heroes has a decent roleplaying community, especially on Virtue.

There are some roleplaying guilds in Guild Wars, but from what I understand, they are really hurting in terms of activity.  The newest crack at the GW RP scene is the Vagrant Unity Society (you can add Fraz Leonheart to try and get more info about it).  You can keep an eye on the Guild Wars 2 Roleplaying Community, since I see you're looking forward to it.

If you don't mind games without graphics, MUDs are always there to give you roleplaying fun with some great communities.  It's a pretty large step, though, so I can understand if it's not your style.  I can help you find one that meets your requirements if you just post what you want out of your roleplaying game.

Other than that, I haven't really found any solid roleplaying communities outside of games that are pay to play.

• dj525dj525 Member Posts: 39

Runes of magic is pretty good just cash shop heavy. Always buy GW not a bad game at all. Has the best balance for PVP

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

I have GW but its pratically empty

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

I'd suggest Everquest 2.

Hmm I might.

Are the WoW RP servers any good? Just dont like learning a new game lol

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

DDO maybe? I personally think it is a lot better in many ways than LOTRO and it attracts many roleplayers.

Otherwise pickings are rather slim, AoC or EQ2 are probably your best choice. AoCs community is rather varied depending on the server though, particularly since it went F2P.

EQ2 have had a good community but since they are making the entire game F2P now it is hard to guess how the future will be there.

is AoC fun? I might give it a try, what are the official/unofficial rp servers/

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

As for WoW, there are several roleplaying servers, and all of them have pretty good roleplay if you know where (not) to look.  Goldshire can be a problem, especially on Moon Guard and Argent Dawn servers, since it's usually a gathering point for erotic roleplayers (ERP).  Then again, every server has their bad apples - but you can easily get in with the decent roleplaying crowds.

You'll want to download some kind of character bio addon for WoW if you decide to give it a shot.  It's a good way to see who roleplays and you can use it to set character info that other people can see.  Some of the more used ones include MyRolePlay and some version of flagRSP.

Keep in touch with the official forums for the server you decide to join.  I know that some servers have their own fan communities.  Earthen Ring has a roleplay network site that is a great addition to the roleplaying community there, and helps players organize events and RP.

Lastly, do your best to join a guild that works well with you and your character.  It will be much more enjoyable to RP with people, since not everyone you see in Stormwind is going to be a roleplayer, and it's a pretty niche crowd.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Lashley

is AoC fun? I might give it a try, what are the official/unofficial rp servers/

What passes for "roleplay" in AoC is bare bajoobies.

But honestly, I haven't been there for quite a while, so I'll hush up with my outdated info now.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.