Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the 12 days download...

123457»

Comments

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I actually have internet, and not some wellfare internet equivalent for modem users.. and it took two hours. Your move. Do nto blame the game company for your cheapness

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

mine downloaded at max whole download, 2 MB/s

• ZtekanZtekan Member Posts: 261

Downloaded it a few hours ago, 7,3 mbit

When does the beta start ?

System Specc
    Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
    16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
    Nvidia GTX 780

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Downloaded constantly at 3.13 MB/s, awesome servers.

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237

Not sure where you live in germany from holland myself but have some ppl i know in germany ( aachen ) and they seem to have decent fast internet their ?

• palomppalomp Member Posts: 31

At a rate of 100kb/s you would download 16gb for 44 hours...

• ScoutMastrScoutMastr Member Posts: 140

I live in rural Texas so I feel your pain...I use a wireless "broadband" service provider and at most it'll do 110KB/s on a 1mb/s plan, but it'll only do that for about 30 seconds and then it throttles down to 30KB/s. I can't even get through 360p youtube videos without constant buffering.

For downloads like these, I have to use my phone tethered to my computer. It doesn't throttle and I have unlimited data. Speeds range from 140KB/s to 230KB/s. Hopefully I'll get both of my computers done by this weekend, but my phone is on me at least 10 hours a day (work), so for that time I'll only be getting 30KB/s....sigh.

Like you, my only other alternative is satellite, and that 's not happening. BTW I pay $95/mo for that 30KB/s...wouldn't mind paying it for some of the speeds I'm hearing people mention here. My plan is to add a phone to my cellular service and use it as a modem 24/7, and then lower my wireless "broadband" service to their 256k plan....which is still over $50/mo. Why keep them at all? Lower ping times than other available methods for online gaming :-(

• Haven2035Haven2035 Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Elikal

I have DSL 2000, an acutal download rate of currently 120 kb/s. Due to the download calculator I used, this 16 GB download takes 296 hours time. 12 days.

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

How can I put this to protect your overwhelming sensativity to the fact that this is more your fault, or rather your countries fault, and not Biowares?

I can't.

Your move.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

as long as eilkal realizes this isnt ea/biowares fault but his internets problem then everything is cool for me. 

If he is trying to blame bioware for his shitty net then i have an issue. 

I feel bad his net sucks i do but there is nothing i , ea/ bioware or anyone can do about it. 

Originally posted by palomp

At a rate of 100kb/s you would download 16gb for 44 hours...

the download is in bytes(B) not bits(b)...I think. The question is if he's going by what the installer is telling him--I think it shows Bytes(B) "KB/s"--or if he's looking at something that shows his connection at 100 Kb/s(kiloBITS)...because if that's the case, then he'd have to multiply by 8, as there are 8 bits in a byte.

• lortegedlorteged Member Posts: 143

Hmm, took me alittle more than an hour for the game to be 100% operational

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by kalinis

as long as eilkal realizes this isnt ea/biowares fault but his internets problem then everything is cool for me. 

I feel bad his net sucks i do but there is nothing i , ea/ bioware or anyone can do about it. 

This is Elikal we're talking about.  Of course it's Bioware's fault.  He's probably blaming the long download for ruining his RP experience by breaking immersion.

;)

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Bioware isn't responsible for your internet connection. It has been highlighted before that the beta client is huge; why is it a surprise to anyone that this may take a day or two to download?

It's too bad Bioware didn't send out the link to be able to download several days in advance, unlike some companies have done for beta weekends in the past. Oh wait....

From what I gathered from reading this thread, there are things the companies can do to limit the intitial download size to something more manageable for those with less than ideal connections...I think someone mentioned streaming the audio(Voice overs) since most of those are instanced cut scenes...stuff like that. Doesn't make his or my connection issues Bioware's "fault", but making an effort to ease the download burden would've been well received.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Biowares game is all about story and choices. They arent gonna streamline that . God it took me less then 2 hrs to download this game. Sure it sbig but its not there fault.

His net sucks bad i he is taken 12 days to download anything thats nothing bioware can do to change that. they give u 3-4 days to download the clent as it what more do uw ant.

Biowares game is all about story and choices. They arent gonna streamline that . God it took me less then 2 hrs to download this game. Sure it sbig but its not there fault.

His net sucks bad i he is taken 12 days to download anything thats nothing bioware can do to change that. they give u 3-4 days to download the clent as it what more do uw ant.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or really defending a position with those remarks. I'll address them anyway just in case. Yes, they could've streamlined it, and not doing so IS their choice, and thus it's their fault. I'm just speaking on the size of the download, not people's connection speeds. Now it could be that streaming certain content in order to make a smaller initial download might have been more taxing on their gaming servers. They might have considered it and decided against it.

The other comment answers its' own question: they gave 3-4 days, so I'm guessing those with slower connections would want more days in advance...simple enough.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Im actually surprised its coming down with 3 mb/s for me considering the amount of people downloading..  so not even a few hours. But heh our country internet speeds are very good compared to most.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

this one does, i played it the last beta without a issue whatsoever till sunday at least.  dont think it was the internet though but rather too many people logged on at one time.  i actually have like a 1mb connection, or at least i pay for that, but for some reason it downloads at about 56kb to 70 kb.  so nothing i can do about it, but then again i dont normally complain about it either and dont blame the game companies for it either.  if i need to ill just bring my computer to work and download it on our 5 mb connection.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

sucks to be you I am at 1.5mbs. And I am in a backwater country with unreliable electricity and internet.

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

I downloaded it last night onto my laptop and my pc, no problems at all.

They're giving people plenty of time to download, and if someone misses it because of their connection, well DAMN THEM for not sending out DVD's to everyone!  Clearly this game is going to fail because BioWare has dropped the ball!

• RyukeRyuke Member Posts: 58

I was also pretty surprised how quick the launcher downloaded the files for me, considering the UK's internet infrastructure is pretty sucky and also the rush of people flocking to download at the same time. Flicked it on to download when I went to bed, and woke up with a client ready for the weekend.

I feel bad for you OP and can understand your frustration, but at the same time it is in no way Biowares fault. I guess the general assumption is that people who sign up for beta testing understand the large clients involved in MMO's and have adequate facility to obtain these large files in an acceptable amount of time.

Hope you manage to get it downloaded in time, and if not then release is less than a month away, so hang in there for the discs!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

It is beta so take it or leave it. They give you the client and gave you enough time they do not have to streamline anything this is not the dwnloading of the final game itself  so you have to understand their own issues without having to take into account the slower internet speed which by giving you three - four days in advance seems to be adequate consideration.

Besides OP has already betaed this game and gave a review where he seemed not very happy with it so seems moot that he wants to download it now.