Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player discovers Cyrodiil & Morrowind within skyrim. Possibly future DLC?

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Z3R01

Check out this Destructiod link.

Some dude uses a no-clip command and finds much more than expected lol.

http://www.destructoid.com/explore-morrowind-and-cyrodiil-in-skyrim-216324.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Destructoid+%28Destructoid%29

If they dont do it, Im sure they guys at morroblivion will do it eventually..

Related to the article; seeing as the events between the tes games happened during diffrent peoriods, It might actually be interesting to see how they intergrate the landmasses.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

If I could explore Skyrim, Cyrodiil and Morrowind in one game (Skyrim)...I would be stuck on one game for a year, at least. Would love to have all those different locales, settings and environments in one game, especially Morrowind, I bet on the Skyrim engine that place would look sick...

If Bethesda does this they get my monies.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by Z3R01

Check out this Destructiod link.

Some dude uses a no-clip command and finds much more than expected lol.

http://www.destructoid.com/explore-morrowind-and-cyrodiil-in-skyrim-216324.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Destructoid+%28Destructoid%29

If they dont do it, Im sure they guys at morroblivion will do it eventually..

Related to the article; seeing as the events between the tes games happened during diffrent peoriods, It might actually be interesting to see how they intergrate the landmasses.

Skyrim is 200 years after Oblivion right? Would be cool to see how everything has progressed. Morrowind was only what, 6 years before Oblivion?

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Well Bethesda is on record saying they wanted Larger expansion sized DLC for skyrim.

Maybe we will get two massive ones covering the two early games.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

YES. DO WANT. oh please let some adventurous modder make all of tamriel. instancing for each region would probably be good though.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Not sure they would let modders play with it.  They have shut down attempts of people to mod morrowind into oblivion.  

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Yes Please. Give to me. Do want.

That would be freakin awesome. I've never played other TES games, so it'd be a big deal.image

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by gotha

Not sure they would let modders play with it.  They have shut down attempts of people to mod morrowind into oblivion.  

Nope they failed, They found a "legal loophole" apparently morroblivion is alive and well.

Edit: been playing recently, although graphics look excelent with the oblivion engine, Morrowind has much more depth and customization which isnt apparent in oblivions interface.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456

They did the same thing with the map in Oblivion you can see all of the bordering nations on the map. In fact, there's a quest in Oblivion that takes you through Pale Pass into the border of Skyrim.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/oblivion/mapofcyrodiil.php 

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

As soon as I heard that this game was taking place in Skyrim I was thinking this was a definite possibility. Skyrim is centrally located between the lands of all of the previous games.... Cyrodil(Oblivion), Morrowind, High Rock(Daggerfall) and Hammerfell(Arena). They may feel that they have perfected their engine to the point that fleshing out most if not all of Tamriel is possible and jumping ahead 200 years will allow them to be creative in the lands we've already seen. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Morrowind on this engine would be awesome.

Though I'd rather Bethesda do it themselves instead of the modders, this sort of thing is a huge, necessarily monolithic undertaking that'd be just too much for the modding community in my opinion.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

This would be so very cool.   Let's hope this is a sign that they intend to add all the lands of Tamriel via DLC.  That would seriously make this game the single best CRPG ever made.    Imagine playing in the world of Forgottten Realms using this engine.   :)    How cool would that be?  Not that Tamriel isn't as good...but Forgotten Realms is a lot like Tamreil in that there is an adventure to be had just around the corner. 

Originally posted by Teala

This would be so very cool.   Let's hope this is a sign that they intend to add all the lands of Tamriel via DLC.  That would seriously make this game the single best CRPG ever made.    Imagine playing in the world of Forgottten Realms using this engine.   :)    How cool would that be?  Not that Tamriel isn't as good...but Forgotten Realms is a lot like Tamreil in that there is an adventure to be had just around the corner. 

Forgotten Realms is MASSIVE too, especially if you include the Underdark and all the Dwarven/Gnomish caverns....ZOMG that would be awesome.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

OK I just read san article on this same topic at Kotaku and the article states the whole world of Tamreil is in game all ready, just not populated and finished.  The whole world!  Not just a couple of countries like Marrowwind and Skyrim,...no the whole world.   How cool is that?  What does Bethesda have in store for us?

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I read somewhere that they plan for the DLC's to be similar to the size of shivering isles or the two major DLC's from morrowwind.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I"m beyond excited. Can't wait to try this when i get home.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

OK I just read san article on this same topic at Kotaku and the article states the whole world of Tamreil is in game all ready, just not populated and finished.  The whole world!  Not just a couple of countries like Marrowwind and Skyrim,...no the whole world.   How cool is that?  What does Bethesda have in store for us?

I have 2 guesses.

1. They will DLC the rest of the world in.

2. They plan on using the same engine for the next game and have already started laying the groundwork for TES VI: Tamriel.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by skeaser

I have 2 guesses.

1. They will DLC the rest of the world in.

2. They plan on using the same engine for the next game and have already started laying the groundwork for TES VI: Tamriel.

I just dont like the idea of TES : Tamriel.  I just feel like it will either take forever to come out or the areas won't as fully detailed as previous games because there is so much for them to do.  

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Given that Bethesda has already mentioned that DLC is going to be more "substantial" this time, which I interpret as "we're going to take the Fallout 3/New Vegas route", visiting a major city/location in another province might not be as far fetched as some would think. Also, this unused landmass covers a big part of Hammefell, Cyrodiil and some of Morrowind, all provinces that went through MAJOR changes according to updated lore. My eyebrow is raised in anticipation.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I think they will add Imperial city and the main plot will be the fight against the Thalmor and Aldmeri Dominion. :)
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

You never can tell

They remake movies all the time and some of the Zelda's have been remade. It would be totaly cool for the earlier TES games to be remade to Skyrim standards.

There is a whole new generation to enjoy them as well as old timer's like me ;)

Come on Bethesda what are you waiting for, just do it.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Brenelael

As soon as I heard that this game was taking place in Skyrim I was thinking this was a definite possibility. Skyrim is centrally located between the lands of all of the previous games.... Cyrodil(Oblivion), Morrowind, High Rock(Daggerfall) and Hammerfell(Arena). They may feel that they have perfected their engine to the point that fleshing out most if not all of Tamriel is possible and jumping ahead 200 years will allow them to be creative in the lands we've already seen. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Bren

From your fingers to Bethesda's eyes, good sir.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• kashiegamerkashiegamer Member Posts: 263

My Blog About Hellgate Global, an ARPG/FPS hybrid MMO:
    http://kashiewannaplay.wordpress.com/

Hellgate Global Official Fan Blog
    http://t3funhellgate.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hellgate Global, LoL, Skyrim, Morrowind
    Recently Played: Cardmon Hero, Cabal, Oblivion

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

To go back and visit Cyrodiil and Morrowind utilizing Skyrim's engine?  That would be a great experience.  Most especially for Morrowind, since that game engine is alot older.  Actually, going back to Morrowind specifically would be such a great experience.  The mood and atmosphere in Morrowind was exceptional.  But it would be interesting to see the effects both provinces have faced with time and conflict.

If you really want to hit a huge one, is if Bethesda can pull a "Daggerfall" with Skyrim's game engine.

Tamriel itself + Skyrim engine = Final Win

Edit to add:  Well, I believe Skyrim has gotten Bethesda a tremendous amount of money and more recognition.  Hopefully this leads into some huge expansions and encourages them to keep the ball rolling, while still refining the game engine.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• kashiegamerkashiegamer Member Posts: 263

personally I don't want to go back to Morrowind because of the following reasons:

1.) Morrowind was almost destroyed during the Oblivion crisis. Ald'ruhn (the city made from a giant crab) and vivec was overrun by daedras during that time, with Ald-ruhn being destroyed.

2.) Red Volcano erupted and destroyed almost all of Vvardenfell (I haven't read the real-life Elder Scroll book detailing the events though)

3.)Morrowind was invaded by the Argonians.

Pretty sad, I tell you. Dark Elves started as one of the best races. Before being called Dunmer, they were called Chimer. They freed themselves from their Aldmeri cousins and started a new fate in Morrowind (then called Resdayn). They drove off the Nords from their country, and established peaceful relationship and kinship with the Dwarves (Dwemer). Back then, Chimer (the old Dunmer) had Golden Skin.

This was all changed during the war on Red Mountain, between the Dwemer and the Dunmer--but which was actually a series of controversial events that eventually forced Nerevar (then leader of the Dunmer) and his best buddy, the leader of the Dwemer (forgot the name) to lead their own people against each other. Seriously you have to play Morrowind.

The highlight of the war, though, was the murder of Nerevar at the hands of either A.) Dagoth Ur, or B.) the triumvirate (Sotha Sil, Vivec, and his wife, Almalexia). This was the fight over Dwemer tools that touched the heart of Lorkhan, with the purpose of creating new "gods" (this was remade to become Numidium, IIRC, which was used by Tiber Septim to unite all provinces of Tamriel). After the murder of Nerevar, Azura became so enraged and she cursed the Dunmer and turned their golden skin to ashes--which transformed the Chimer into Dunmer (remember that Azura is the prime quest giver in Morrowind, and Morrowind's story is centered around the Nerevarine, or the reincarnation of Nerevar). The only sign of their old selves can be seen through the triumvirate:

]To be honest, the Dark Elves had a troublesome past that they didn't cause themselves. The story of their race is very depressing.

My Blog About Hellgate Global, an ARPG/FPS hybrid MMO:
    http://kashiewannaplay.wordpress.com/

Hellgate Global Official Fan Blog
    http://t3funhellgate.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hellgate Global, LoL, Skyrim, Morrowind
    Recently Played: Cardmon Hero, Cabal, Oblivion