Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the 12 days download...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I'm on pretty bad DSL right now not being home. Getting about 50KB/s. I'm interested to see if I'll have it finished by friday. If not I can finish it when I get home saturday morning but still lol.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by DM19

Time to find a better ISP?

Not possible. Here we have a monopoly for the cables on "German Telekom". There IS no alternative. Another provider would have to loan Telekom cables, which are limited to this.

Wut?  I find it hard to believe that "German Telekom" would offer max of 1Mbit line max.  Come on, usually I have extra-nice speeds if I d/l  from Germany (Poland here) so I guess you have good infrastructure there (as expected from Gemany).

Even Polish biggest ex-monopoly Telekom that offer one of worst lines, offer up to 20 Mbits :/

Anyway if you really cannot get other than I feel for you. Still you would downlaod it faster than 12 days, you calculation are off.

Not to mention - what you expected?  Games are getting bigger, that's not surprise and they will get even bigger and soon.

In 3-4 years imo standard will be 50 GB game size.  Graphics are getting better and resoultions LOT bigger. Sounds and music have to be better quality and support 5.1, DTS and similar systems and that also increase size.

Not to mention people expect from AAA game like TOR, ALOT of content - that has to take 'space'.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

im on 350 kb/s atm

Originally posted by tawess

I have DSL 2000, an acutal download rate of currently 120 kb/s. Due to the download calculator I used, this 16 GB download takes 296 hours time. 12 days.

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

The dark age called and wanted their internet back.. =P Honestly tho i will send a though to what ever diety governs broadband and ask them to grant you mercy.. or a miracle...

Personally i am all patched up and ready to go... So with my luck i will be in the sunday group.

Ps. I have a 100/10 fiberoptic LAN connection... And.. It... Feels... GOOD.  Ds.

*sob* :(

Well, maybe a friend can download it and hand me a disc. Only... almost no one I know uses disc burners anymore, teh. Oh well, typical. I have as usual the black could over my head.

Ask if any of your friend have usb-stick or buy one yourself.

I downloaded client already - it take 18,5 GB. 

Cheapest no-name 32 GB Usb-stick / pendrive, cost ~ 10 euro.

Mid-range better quality ones can easily be get for 20-30 euro. So you don't need dvd-burner.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

There actually was a proposal for a law to ensure everyone would have access to "fast" broadband internet in Germany but that somehow was dismissed. I'm still surprised that there are issues on the outskirts of the capital already after other major cities are as good as completely covered with fiber. Just this year I finally could upgrade from DSL 6000 (on the paper, I only ever got the traffic speed of 3000) to a 50 mbit fiber VDSL.

So yeah, you have my sympathies and I hope you'll somehow make it in time!

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Now I feel really bad for annoying the cs of my isp for the best speed I can get is 50mb/s. Why can't we all have 100meg fduplex, it's a bloody discrace!

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• baldernonobaldernono Member UncommonPosts: 96

I m downloading it right now (from France) at around 1400 Ko/s, which is nearly my max speed so i don't complain

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I am sympathetic to the plight of folks with low bandwidth.

On the good side if you are DLing at 120KBps it really is only about 40 hours.

120KBps = .117 MBps = 8752 seconds per GB = 145minutes per GB = 2.41 hours per GB

2.41 hrs per GB = 38.6 hours for a 16GB DL.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I got it in four hours. HA HA.......HA HA HA! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!! Cof cof. Oppps I'm beeing a dick again, sorry. For thoes with low bandwidth I feel your pain.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

You have already played this game am I right.I think I saw a review you wrote. So why don't you just take it easy and not stress over this weekend testing since you have already played. 

Chamber of Chains
  • LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I have DSL 2000, an acutal download rate of currently 120 kb/s. Due to the download calculator I used, this 16 GB download takes 296 hours time. 12 days.

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

Mines done, it took 2 hours max.

Originally posted by I_Return

Originally posted by Digna

I am sympathetic to the plight of folks with low bandwidth.

On the good side if you are DLing at 120KBps it really is only about 40 hours.

120KBps = .117 MBps = 8752 seconds per GB = 145minutes per GB = 2.41 hours per GB

2.41 hrs per GB = 38.6 hours for a 16GB DL.

game is like 30+ gigs...

It is 18,5 GB.

If you have old client that got patched over and over then it can have over 30 GB, cause game does not delete all old data.

But freshly isntalled client (or if you remove old and reinstall new) will take 18,5 GB - at least as of today.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

i got three gigs of it just last night with a 56kb/s connection.  so it will be done before beta most likely.

it is beyond annoying when people say to upgrade your internet.  if i could upgrade the internet i would have already freaking done so.  some people enjoy living out in the country, the downside is this comes with usually crappy internet connection because big money companies like att wont get off their ass and make broadband available everywhere.  my state has even paid att to make sure everyone has broadband access around the state, which they did do, its just really slow dsl service.

i feel your pain op but just let it run or try to go to a internet cafe somewhere that might get a faster download.  or make a long road trip to a different country.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

You may want to check the wires on your house. My internet was usually slow and bad, I used to blame my ISP, one day someone told me to replace all the wires and install new ones (becouse the wires degradate throught time and use),  and I mean all the wires for your phone and internet inside your house, it worked like a charm, I'm downloading it right now and it will take few hours.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

All I have to say is:  At least you can download.  I've been trying to get verified on the website for 2 days now.  Between the site maintenance and the thousands of people banging the site now, I can't verify.  No verify = no launcher install...

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Downloading it for 3rd time after 2 times getting Error on 43% of 4th part of Assests. Fun times. At least doing os with 5 mb/s so consequent tries don't take so long...

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140

Im downloading now at 1.2MB/s so im a happy camper. Suppose it doesn't matter though, I don't think i can play till this weekend?

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by hardicon

i got three gigs of it just last night with a 56kb/s connection.  so it will be done before beta most likely.

Do mmo's (or any online game for that matter) even run with a 56k line?

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

Downloaded in 3 - 5 hours (i even paused once to download something else quickly)... Not biowares fault you have shitty ISP, my download rate was >900 kb/s (sometimes it was ~800 but that's just when I unpaused till it got back up). :P

time to get new internet service provider my friend ;)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by Biggus99

I blame this on Bioware.  Why they didn't account for people who would be using the internet version of two tin cans connected by a string is beyond me.  For shame, Bioware.  For shame.

LOL! Pure Genius! :)

• Ghost021Ghost021 Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by DM19

Time to find a better ISP?

Not possible. Here we have a monopoly for the cables on "German Telekom". There IS no alternative. Another provider would have to loan Telekom cables, which are limited to this.

Not entirely true, depending on were you live you have Kabel Deutschland, or WillyTel for example, they use their own line.

If you are using an o2 or 1&1 / versatel / primacall whatever then i must give you credit while the DSLAMs belong to mostly DTAG or Telefonica , Vodafone and so on.

As to your download speed... well it depends on many things not only your Sync rate but also the quality of the line , of your inhouse whiring and so on...

This isn't something that will 100% guarantee it will help but have you tried a DL accelerator or something? You can perhaps a couple KBs more at best and ensure that your dl doesn't get interrupted.

On a side note... got at home 16000 line, works wonders, would rather have my parents line tho.... 100Mbit on fiber optics line :P and they only use it so watch tv... :P

• PlutonasPlutonas Member Posts: 32

I downloaded fast and without any problem. But issues always happen so don't panic if something not going well at first sight. Patience is a virtue....!!!