Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Key Handout!

13»

Comments

• drake555drake555 Member Posts: 2

Thank you MMORPG :)!

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

There has been a disturbance in the force.

Suppose I will try later.  Their site appears to be experiencing massive issues...or perhaps...it is just experiencing massive issues with me.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Originally posted by Shodanas

I'm in a dilemma here. I got mail from Bioware informing me that i'm about to participate in the next beta weekend and that i shall not acquire nor redeem a key from any site. Yet these MMORPG keys look tasty image What shall i do?

Create a second account for the MMORPG.com key?

--

Not sure how much I can say under the NDA but makes sure when you go to install you have 40gb free.  The install only currently needs 20gb but needs space during install to extract a 13gb compressed archive.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Some folks who were invited to an earlier CB test got a 'generic' email saying you've been invited to test. If they (like myself) assumed this was  just a reminder/followup, they might have missed the part about not signing up for these big key release events through the industry related sites.

Getting one of these keys was 1) not an attempt to take someone else place because we already had a 'turn' and 2) could very well have screwed up our chances at testing again due to the admonition to not do so (which IMO should have been a bit more prominent).

To those who thought getting one of these keys was a selfish action, not all courses of action are the world vs YOU.

• KynmoreKynmore Member UncommonPosts: 66

I was just in this past weekend stress test... It's worth the D/L time to test this game; one of the best testing experiences I've been in.

Brrrflp!

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

can you d/load the client or have you to wait til you get invite (stupid question me thinks)

• IntelliumIntellium Member Posts: 1

Wow, I only just now got the email confirming my signup. Ah well, only 4 days too late for redeeming the code...

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Intellium

Wow, I only just now got the email confirming my signup. Ah well, only 4 days too late for redeeming the code...

Last I knew the deadline has been extended due to some technical issues.  Also I think the deadline only pertained to the beta keys, not the BioWare invites.  Best bet is to try and download the game.  Here is a hint though, update your security questions and password on their website.  Everyone that I know who had not done so didn't had problems with the download while everyone who had already done so had no problems at all.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Kynmore

I was just in this past weekend stress test... It's worth the D/L time to test this game; one of the best testing experiences I've been in.

Go check the testing page.  I hadn't gotten the invite yet, but I was able to download and install the game without a problem.  If your account has been enabled BUT you haven't gotten the e-mail yet, you will be able to download too.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• alexminoalexmino Member Posts: 132

Just a warning to everyone, the "stress test" they did last weekend didn't have every gaming website on the internet handing out keys, and it had 6000 person ques.

So...expect a wait.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

so what ya sayin is,

log in before work...get home from work have a shower some dinner and i should be able to start?

• Qwik_WitD420Qwik_WitD420 Member Posts: 1

I gotta key and tried to use it and it seemed like it worked but then would say some type of error. I'm assumin cuz I'm trying to use a code that was supposed to be applied by the 20th? So the code I have is worthless? I dont get it...I got the client, jus need to activate my acct. n i have a code to do so, so wtf can i do now? anybody know? I signed up jus today n opted of course for beta testing. but the code i have, that i got from a site which was legit (forget which site)  but it wont work. Its cuz i missed the deadline isnt it? Can I get into another one that they have say next next weekend or is this it?

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by Qwik_WitD420

I gotta key and tried to use it and it seemed like it worked but then would say some type of error. I'm assumin cuz I'm trying to use a code that was supposed to be applied by the 20th? So the code I have is worthless? I dont get it...I got the client, jus need to activate my acct. n i have a code to do so, so wtf can i do now? anybody know? I signed up jus today n opted of course for beta testing. but the code i have, that i got from a site which was legit (forget which site)  but it wont work. Its cuz i missed the deadline isnt it? Can I get into another one that they have say next next weekend or is this it?

You missed the deadline. There is probably nothing you can do but go to swtor.com and put in for a beta test and hope you get an email. Even still I think the deadline on the site was people who had registered for it before Nov 12 would be guaranteed into one beta. You might be SoL unfortunetly.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Yes,keys from the massive giveaway are no longer good for redemption.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]