Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the 12 days download...

Comments

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by sexypanda198

Originally posted by sk8chalif

downloaded in 3 hours also , but cannot play beta, cannot click play, is the beta up/maintenance/ or something?

not till least friday the 25th. it's downloadable now so players can try download it on time for beta

Cool Thankz !

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Think i may have a problem...get to "Installing english assets 1"  but has an error, Restart the patcher but it wants another 5 gig..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• pensselisetapensseliseta Member Posts: 40

Downloaded in an hour or less, what's the officer problem?

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

I downloaded at roughly 1.1 MB/s last night myself.  I'm definitely jealous of some of the download rates I saw last night on the other thread.

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

English assets is 5gb, and is the last file to download. I downloaded the client yesterday, and found it odd at times, at times i was getting up to my maximum download speed (5mb/s) then it randomly would go down and down to about 50kbs, i'd pause it, wait 5 seconds, unpause it then it would be back up to 4-5mb/s. That happened a few times, plus it crashed a couple of times, and randomly said i didn't have an internet connection, but after about 4-5 hours if that, it was downloaded, pretty good, as i imagined about a million ppl downloading at the same time lol.

• UrzaElentUrzaElent Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by voltt

time to get some better internet, downloading here at 3.11 mb/sec, should be done in acouple of hours. 

Stop cheaping out  and stop complaining

GAH, do you think I am dense? If there WAS a better internet here, I would have chosen it LONG AGO! But there isn't! Germany has a monopoly company which owns all cables. And they, having a monopoly, see of course no reason to give people better connections.

Fun. :(

Ummmmmmm, and thats Biowares problem how now?

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by UrzaElent

time to get some better internet, downloading here at 3.11 mb/sec, should be done in acouple of hours. 

GAH, do you think I am dense? If there WAS a better internet here, I would have chosen it LONG AGO! But there isn't! Germany has a monopoly company which owns all cables. And they, having a monopoly, see of course no reason to give people better connections.

Ummmmmmm, and thats Biowares problem how now?

Everything is Bioware's fault. They even forgot to feed my cat and she died. I blame Bioware.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

don't worry, guy. i got your pain. i don't live in the US, either. here, i get billed by the gig. australia's concept of "unlimited" is to have a monthly max, say 10 gig, and then "shape you" after you've reached that max. that is, cut your speeds down to 56k.

when my wife and i get new games, we tend not to bother installing until the last week of the month, because you always have to update and those updates are gonna be a couple gig half the time.

and i ain't downloading it either.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

downloaded and updated for about an hour, hour and a half.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Agricola1

Germany MUST have cable and it can't really cost much more than a shitty DSL connection, I have a connection about the same as that whem I was living in Thailand from the state communications monopoly. This is the 21st century and you're living in the the third most affluent country in the world and that picture of your chancellor dressed in an SS uniform done in Greece made me horny! I use Virgin cable in the UK it says a 50mb/s download speed but when I test it it's only 23 mb/s with 3.8 mb/s upload.

Just incase you thought I was trolling concerning the beautiful Chancellor Merekel CLICK any man that wouldn't want her punishing him all night long needs to see a therapist for gender reassignment in my opinion!

FACT!

Yes, and this would never have been if we still had the Führer...

But honestly. I am on some damn corner. I mean, fuck, I live in the damn capital Berlin. But at the outskirts. Its some "hole" the Telekom does not care for. The DSL alone costs me 45 Euro already! I COULD make a totally new connection via satellite, but that costs me 60 Euro, and blast, thats 80 fucking Dollars! I am not Rockefeller!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

I have DSL 2000, an acutal download rate of currently 120 kb/s. Due to the download calculator I used, this 16 GB download takes 296 hours time. 12 days.

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

I think you're in the EU same as me Elikal and I started D/L last night 19:15 and it finished sometime during the night so no drama here image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Germany MUST have cable and it can't really cost much more than a shitty DSL connection, I have a connection about the same as that whem I was living in Thailand from the state communications monopoly. This is the 21st century and you're living in the the third most affluent country in the world and that picture of your chancellor dressed in an SS uniform done in Greece made me horny! I use Virgin cable in the UK it says a 50mb/s download speed but when I test it it's only 23 mb/s with 3.8 mb/s upload.

Just incase you thought I was trolling concerning the beautiful Chancellor Merekel CLICK any man that wouldn't want her punishing him all night long needs to see a therapist for gender reassignment in my opinion!

FACT!

But honestly. I am on some damn corner. I mean, fuck, I live in the damn capital Berlin. But at the outskirts. Its some "hole" the Telekom does not care for. The DSL alone costs me 45 Euro already! I COULD make a totally new connection via satellite, but that costs me 60 Euro, and blast, thats 80 fucking Dollars! I am not Rockefeller!

Time to rant on your government .They got 100 billion euros to gift greece and cannot provide decent internet in the outskirts of the capital?

I live on the outskirts of a town in north west england which has a population of less then 100k and i got 50mb connection and it took me under 2 hrs to download .

more investment in germany  less in greece .

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

The Netherlands: download speed 150MB - Flucs from 35 to 80 mb had it downloaded within 30 min or something :P

I hear down under they have a rough time getting the client :(

Wish i could lend you down under brothers a hand :(

Dont understand why they cap your internet to a low treshold man, its 2012 already and still they use medieval shit there :(

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by sbanting

English assets is 5gb, and is the last file to download. I downloaded the client yesterday, and found it odd at times, at times i was getting up to my maximum download speed (5mb/s) then it randomly would go down and down to about 50kbs, i'd pause it, wait 5 seconds, unpause it then it would be back up to 4-5mb/s. That happened a few times, plus it crashed a couple of times, and randomly said i didn't have an internet connection, but after about 4-5 hours if that, it was downloaded, pretty good, as i imagined about a million ppl downloading at the same time lol.

Thanks for giving some insight

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I have DSL 2000, an acutal download rate of currently 120 kb/s. Due to the download calculator I used, this 16 GB download takes 296 hours time. 12 days.

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

My buddy used our work connection (T3) and he had it in a little over an hour.  I plan on doing the same for the early access.

Good luck!

:)

Originally posted by hercules

FACT!

Time to rant on your government .They got 100 billion euros to gift greece and cannot provide decent internet in the outskirts of the capital?

I live on the outskirts of a town in north west england which has a population of less then 100k and i got 50mb connection and it took me under 2 hrs to download .

No disagreement here. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ShadowMajereShadowMajere Member UncommonPosts: 20
    No rate limiting on business accounts only on standard subs. Besides its not just used for gaming and torrenting since unfortunetly my data is more scrutinized. But i run several severs and my families numerous other pcs and devices. Besides its cheaper then running a T1 line to my house only 230 a month for the net bill and no ports blocked unlike when i had thevregular fios. But no i nor my fam nor friends have yet to dent it but we try lol. The one downside is i have recieved calls from vz over bandwidth abuse to which i told them to piss off i have a business account and its unlimited data but they still threatened to end the account if i abused the line lol. Apparently downloading multiple games, running three servers, three 360's and several servers and tablets is a form of abuse they bitched cause i did about 375 gb worth of traffic the first day i switched to the higher end speed and business account
  • SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295

Nm

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

And I thought we had shitty spanish internet in Catalonia.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

I use my cell phones as a wireless hotspot and hit D/L speeds of 270+ kbs took me about 16 hours to download the beta on my laptop using my cellphone as a portable hotspot.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

took me about 2-3 hours to download all, so maybe you should upgrade your 28.8k modem 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Ah I have my share of fun with the Telekom as well. Though I live in the suburbs so I don't fully blame them for my connection. Still I started my download about 24 hours ago and now it's almost done (it's running at 245kbs - my max dl speed).

It's about twice as fast as your connection and I'm done after 24 hours+ so saying it will take you 3 days seems reasonable.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by hercules

FACT!

No disagreement here. ;)

Must agree with that, even the lovely Miss Merkel has no excuse if she can afford a €5bn tax break for the country and pump free cash into Greece but not provide proper broadband infrastructure for the capital. In western Europe the internet has become an essentail service no different than the postal service or trash collection or even heating. A crap connection is like having a low flush toilet circa 1970's if anyone here knows what that's like after you've done a big turd and used half a bog roll!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

The dark age called and wanted their internet back.. =P Honestly tho i will send a though to what ever diety governs broadband and ask them to grant you mercy.. or a miracle...

Personally i am all patched up and ready to go... So with my luck i will be in the sunday group.

Ps. I have a 100/10 fiberoptic LAN connection... And.. It... Feels... GOOD.  Ds.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by tawess

Welcome not to beta.

Your move.

The dark age called and wanted their internet back.. =P Honestly tho i will send a though to what ever diety governs broadband and ask them to grant you mercy.. or a miracle...

Personally i am all patched up and ready to go... So with my luck i will be in the sunday group.

Ps. I have a 100/10 fiberoptic LAN connection... And.. It... Feels... GOOD.  Ds.

*sob* :(

Well, maybe a friend can download it and hand me a disc. Only... almost no one I know uses disc burners anymore, teh. Oh well, typical. I have as usual the black could over my head.