Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about beta download?

rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

I've already had it installed from the previous beta but when I try to click to download just to make sure everything is up to date I just want to make sure everyone is getting the same message as I am?

The Error message I get is 

An Error Occured Updating, 

Installing Game Client 6 (0%)

Is that what you guys get? wondering if i should just remove the entire client and start fresh.

Comments

• Originally posted by rygar218

I've already had it installed from the previous beta but when I try to click to download just to make sure everything is up to date I just want to make sure everyone is getting the same message as I am?

Is that what you guys get? wondering if i should just remove the entire client and start fresh.

how long ago was the beta you were in? if it was before the last beta weekend then you will need to redownload it.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

No, I don't get that error. 

While I only got invited for this weekend, many old testers are recommending just reinstalling the whole thing. If its not much trouble, just reinstall it.

• Dante1443Dante1443 Member Posts: 23

Didn't get any message.  Probably have thousands of people downloading now and it's causing problems.

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by rygar218

how long ago was the beta you were in? if it was before the last beta weekend then you will need to redownload it.

I was in the last one. Think I should remove the old files and restart fresh?

• Originally posted by rygar218

yea probably your best bet unless you want to take your chances with biowares support which will likely be overloaded right now. or could check the testing forum and ask around there too

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

You are trying to just patch it right?  And that's where it hangs?

I patched today with no troubles at all.  You may have to reinstall :(

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

yea probably your best bet unless you want to take your chances with biowares support which will likely be overloaded right now. or could check the testing forum and ask around there too

Thanks guys I removed the old files and starting a fresh install and I'll see where it takes me this time. 

Yeah after removing the old file and doing a fresh install of the client I was able to finish the download without any kind of error message popping up