Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What pushes you away from this game?

Comments

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

seems to me Jagex lie all time, now to make people shut up, then even removed rants forum, which was most popular, as nothing works good in this game....

now new loyalty program is just face palm, IMO, means if you sub now you gonna get points, but if you got sub for 6 months or 1 year already, you get 0 rewards.

all freaking "marketing" works same way....

game still ruled by bots, have tons of bugs

IMO not worth to spend money on it.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• NesrieNesrie Member Posts: 648

Years ago, my account was hacked. Company did nothing to assist with the problem. I recovered it on my own and then never returned. There is a fair amount I am willing to put up with, that is not one of them. Also, the graphics are old, the controls are dated and there isn't much going for Runescape these days.

parrotpholk-Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better.

Originally posted by Nesrie
    Years ago, my account was hacked. Company did nothing to assist with the problem. I recovered it on my own and then never returned. There is a fair amount I am willing to put up with, that is not one of them. Also, the graphics are old, the controls are dated and there isn't much going for Runescape these days.

They still doing nothing about hack... I find it non professional, non commercial & just stupid.
    Some work on tracking hacker would not kill them I guess. beside how stupid is loose client because of pixels return. But well Jagex is outdated, same as whole game

• SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49

I stopped playing about 8 months ago now. What pushed me away? The community did. Most of the time I felt like I was sitting in with a bunch of first graders. When I found out my clan leader was 8, I decided to call it quits.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

So now there's another update with new graphics. Thanks to all the kid noodys for demanding better graphics as this is how Fagex have slowed every single ability down now by over 25 times what it used to take to get any item like a log from a tree or ore from a rock or even hitting an enemy (including adding heaps of no hits and changing the damage from 99 to 999) thus all the silly immature kids have no idea of how this game is the worst gaming scam in existance. Now about 95% or more just bot it but amazingly too many idiots must be paying for gear and accounts as too many bots are 1 skill workers. If you calculate it back then probably about 5000 people are playing including babysitting their bots. For the very few still trying to play after so many years, please make them see the light and give up aswell.image

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

That it's eleven billion years old

RS is outdated slow grind=P

• DesideriusDesiderius Member Posts: 2

The community for starters. Jagex has been making updates to content such as the tutorial and tasks that attract a younger age group. And I mean really, really young. Not only that, but the amount of bots ruin the game. Jagex doesn't even ban them anymore.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Some complications happened when I was like 13, and lost my account. During the effort to get it back, a friend introduced me to Guild Wars.

This was like, late 2006. I'd never even heard of another MMO(even WoW) at that point to be totally honest. I was so young. I was so blown away by the graphics, controls, and combat of Guild Wars that I'd totally forgotten about Runescape.

But looking back on the game, it did so many things incredible for a broswer based MMO. I loved the questing, because it actually felt like a quest. Especially, what I believe to be, the last non-member quests where you slay a dragon at the end of it and there were lots of puzzles. That was really cool!

They also had those special events that would freak me out/excite me. Like, a random princess or something popped up and gave me a frog mask if I kissed her? I can't remember all too well because it was 4 years ago, but I do remember that player housing thing being pretty cool to toy with as well.

The music was freaking lovely! I liked how when you went to certain areas, it unlocked parts of the soundtrack that you could go back at any time and play. Loved, loved, loved almost all of them as I remember image

I liked the holiday things they did. Like, I think my favorite was... was it a ring? It was something for easter, and it turned the caster into an egg. Those were good times.

I felt awesome when I became a White Knight for the first time. The entire initation process made me truely feel like I was a part of the organization.

I think the biggest reasons I didn't/won't pursue playing that game again is because I didn't have any friends to go back to at that point. I'd totally lost touch with the community and I don't find it worth the effort to start new friendships in there when I'm currently involved in so much other stuff, including but not limited to school and maintaining somewhat of a recognizably healthy social life outside of the personas I maintain online. image But all in all, I thought, and still think today that it was well worth the time and money spent playing, however, I'm speaking off pure nostalgia of my gameplay experience of Runescape 4 or 5 years ago. The game can be completely different now.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

So.. After they brought the Wildy back, I resubbed to Runescape, but I just can;t take the repetition. It is so insanely repetitious and boring, it is really hard to even bother to log in.  The worst part I think that pushes me away is I had already maxed my character, now you come back and all their updates want you to repeat content when this game has no enjoyment in replayability. Repeating what we have already done makes the game worse not better.  I guess I just do not have the heart to repeat the same boring tasks that I hated the first time I did them, that and they always expand on the things I hated most in the game .. like capes. I dropped my first 99 skill cape the day they came out because I thought they blew chunks. I hated capes to begin with then they went like cape bizirk instead of implementing " fun factor " updates.  I hated pets when they had cat quests then what did they do? Add an entire skill about pets. UGH... runs back to FPS  games until Guild Wars 2 comes out. image

• ThyromThyrom Member UncommonPosts: 45

The community.

I enjoy playing the game in my own space and with chat "off", when I do turn it on I am faced with abuse and botting reports. Tonight was the breaking point.

So, I have quit - the second and final time.

Thyrom

Currently playing; nothing

Previously played; Runescape Classic, Runescape, WoW.

Tried but failed; EvE, EQ2, Guild Wars, Darkfall, UO, DDO, LoTRO, FLYFF, Atlantica Online, Ryzom

Botscape is what it is, Jagex is unable to deal with bots.
    Prices goes down all time & nobody can win against bot.
    It just not fun....
    Jagex keep lie about almost everything, but they cant offer good management of this game.

I play atm as I'm waiting for any decent MMO to come out, and RS we can play semi AFK, so it good for working same time. =D

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Slow and clunky interface. I've died due to the game's interface being slow and unresponsive... dying due to poor gameplay choices is one thing. Dying and losing items because of a poor interface is another altogether.

Too much clicking to do basic tasks; not intuitive at all.

Horrible, *horrible* path finding. I don't mind click-to-move in games. What I do mind is having my character walk in a zig-zag in a completely open area to get to a spot that's 10 feet away.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I would like Runescape more if the world was fucking gigantic, if the PVE was very similar to EQ1, if the skill grind wasn't as monstrous, if the game ran smoothly, if it would let you zoom the camera out much further, and if grouping for PVE was enhanced. It would take all those things at a minimum, at least.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

The only hing pushing me away is that I played it for 5 years and enjoyed every second. Now I'm tired of the game.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

How about it's an old, been there done that, has been?

RS is arguably one of the best games ever made but with todays standards its never going to be more than a classic, even with the graphics upgrades which really don't amount to much.

Personally RS is in a very short list of genre defining games, some of them having shaped what I want from new games. That doesn't mean i won't to go back there, i want new and improved not old and done.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by syrusmag3
    What pushes you away from runescape?

Honestly? Some kid used to play it in the school library and it looked naff. That was probably back in 2002. Haven't even looked at it since then...

And I thought I was open-minded >_> lol

• RollmeisterRollmeister Member Posts: 41

I played it for some time a few years back, but got bored of it, so I moved on, just like I have with many other games.

There were an awful lot of asshats though, even back then.

I'm 30% Rock, 10% Roll, 50% Nerd and 10% Troll.
    Axis of Awesome - Moderately Rock and Roll

• ScabbesrScabbesr Member Posts: 5

I played RuneScape the first year it came out. I was excited to play it, as I loved playing games like this. I think at that time, the graphics were way better and everything was easier to configure. Now everything is 2D, and shouldn't even be considered a MMORPG.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Scabbesr

I played RuneScape the first year it came out. I was excited to play it, as I loved playing games like this. I think at that time, the graphics were way better and everything was easier to configure. Now everything is 2D, and shouldn't even be considered a MMORPG.

Are you talking about RuneScape ? It's full 3D, and one of the best example of an MMORPG.

LOL now they got rid of bots (who know how to), but reduced number of servers, lag & dc make game even more unplayable then before.

server's quality are so poor then we can compare only to bad asisan f2p games.

anyhow, if you can play anything else, better not to stay at RS, IMO

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

LOL now they got rid of bots (who know how to), but reduced number of servers, lag & dc make game even more unplayable then before.

server's quality are so poor then we can compare only to bad asisan f2p games.

anyhow, if you can play anything else, better not to stay at RS, IMO

The quality of severs didn't change. The amount was reduced, but the lag your getting is from the new system that got rid of bots. I have no issues, and if it was server related it'd be affecting everyone.

Draron, I wonder why you don't have any lag & most of people have or lag or dc etc...

Lately Windows made emergency shut up and I wonder if RS used data collection program which was seen as virus or sorta by Windows.

I updated Java but still have lag and time to time need to reload RS page due to *update*.

Game still lame to play, you never know when you be out...

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Draron, I wonder why you don't have any lag & most of people have or lag or dc etc...

Lately Windows made emergency shut up and I wonder if RS used data collection program which was seen as virus or sorta by Windows.

I updated Java but still have lag and time to time need to reload RS page due to *update*.

Game still lame to play, you never know when you be out...

I don;t have lag either. No firewall/antivirus issues as well.  It very well could be your system and setup. I built my computer and gutted my Operating system though simply because I do not like an OS that does anything without my permission. I manually shut down ports as well though, and rewrote the registry to my liking. So that could be a factor.

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

What made me stop playing the game was when I needed another person to help me finish a quest. Sorry, but if I can't solo, I don't play (and I was paying). I don't mind grouping up, but I don't tolerate a game telling me I have to group up.