Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all the haters out there, and fans.

2»

Comments

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by Dynamic1325

I don't really expect this poll to reflect negative results, with mass open beta of swtor and lifting of nda, there are bound to be a greater number of people in favor of the game.

Uh... doesn't that just prove that you're being unreasonable in your hate?  The typical hater on here reasoned that the news publication reviews didn't mean a hill of beans and "just wait until they lift NDA".  Their prophesy of doom and gloom essentially hinged on a massive amount of negative reviews from every day testers once NDA was lifted.  I liken the swtor hater to one of those crazies who predict the world is coming to an end when a comet flies by earth or in 2012.  It just didn't happen that way.

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Silax

You know, the continued poor attitudes among the GW2 fanboys makes me want to play that game even less.  I was planning on picking it up when it came out, but I really don't want to play it if you people are going to be on the chat channels.

Looking forward to gw2's beta/open beta? I'm sure there will be lots to argue/flame about too :)

At this point no.  Not going to join beta.  I would pick it up after launch if at all.  Not that it  will be a bad game, but I will probably not have time to beta test while paying for a subscription to SWTOR.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by czekoskwigel

You know, the continued poor attitudes among the GW2 fanboys makes me want to play that game even less.  I was planning on picking it up when it came out, but I really don't want to play it if you people are going to be on the chat channels.

Gw2 looks to very promising, but I do have my concerns... the general attitude of gw2 fans being primary.

You all aren't really basing your opinion of all GW2 fans on this tiny little poll in this tiny little corner of the internet are you?  And they say I use too much hyperbole. /sigh

I chose the I hope Bioware does well but I don't prefer SWTOR after almost choosing the I hope GW2 craps all over SWTOR.  I just like all MMORPGs and don't want to see any suffer just to make a game look good.  It should look good on it's own merits. That being said, I am more hyped for GW2 and will drop SWTOR asap when it launches.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

dear god...here we go again. Name me one mmo in todays day and age where you won't see these type of annoyances on the chat channel.  Ignore the chat. Try the game out for what it has to offer. 

• Dynamic1325Dynamic1325 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by Satarious

I don't really expect this poll to reflect negative results, with mass open beta of swtor and lifting of nda, there are bound to be a greater number of people in favor of the game.

Uh... doesn't that just prove that you're being unreasonable in your hate?  The typical hater on here reasoned that the news publication reviews didn't mean a hill of beans and "just wait until they lift NDA".  Their prophesy of doom and gloom essentially hinged on a massive amount of negative reviews from every day testers once NDA was lifted.  I liken the swtor hater to one of those crazies who predict the world is coming to an end when a comet flies by earth or in 2012.  It just didn't happen that way.

You're assuming I hate the game. (I voted the BW option) With the new beta and nda lifting, there are more people to give an opinion about the game in its present state.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by Leethe

Seriously. Like folks can't play ToR and GW2 at the same time.

That would be very difficult. I know I sure couldn't. (obv I know you mean buy both but play one at a time)

No, on the contrary, it's very easy... You just have to decide what game you gonna play today, if you feel like playing GW2 you play gw2 that day, if you feel like playing SWTOR you play swtor that day.. simple, many people play more than just 1 game at the same time you know...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Dynamic1325Dynamic1325 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by korent1991

Originally posted by Leethe

Seriously. Like folks can't play ToR and GW2 at the same time.

That would be very difficult. I know I sure couldn't. (obv I know you mean buy both but play one at a time)

No, on the contrary, it's very easy... You just have to decide what game you gonna play today, if you feel like playing GW2 you play gw2 that day, if you feel like playing SWTOR you play swtor that day.. simple, many people play more than just 1 game at the same time you know...

No I mean literally, at-the-same-time, on the same computer, running both games inthe same frame of time.

• omomeomome Member Posts: 203

I couldn't care less about GW2

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by elocke

Gw2 looks to very promising, but I do have my concerns... the general attitude of gw2 fans being primary.

You all aren't really basing your opinion of all GW2 fans on this tiny little poll in this tiny little corner of the internet are you?  And they say I use too much hyperbole. /sigh

I chose the I hope Bioware does well but I don't prefer SWTOR after almost choosing the I hope GW2 craps all over SWTOR.  I just like all MMORPGs and don't want to see any suffer just to make a game look good.  It should look good on it's own merits. That being said, I am more hyped for GW2 and will drop SWTOR asap when it launches.

No, this poll simply reinforces what we've seen for the last year.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I expected to not like the game, based on what I had read about it and seen from videos, etc... I got in and truly disliked it, would never play it again. It's just the polar opposite of the style I love to play.

But why would I expect anyone to feel like I do about it? Why would I want it to die?

I wish every style of game out there could thrive so that so many varying degrees of style preferences could have something to play that could make them happy.

I've been playing mmorpgs since M59 and I never understood when folks who dislike a game, even if I dislike it for the same reasons, wish the game to be gone from existance.

As long as there are people enjoying a game, and with this one it's obvious there are tons of people enjoying it, and as long as a game is financially viable for the studio running it, then I am of the school of thought that said game should continue so that it's players can continue to enjoy it.

I hated my experince with the game and know that I will not play it. Still though, I thank Bioware for the beta experience and submitted a couple bugs and am happy to have helped in a way. I wish the game all the best and as a gamer I am truly happy that those who prefer this style will have an experience of this caliber to enjoy... and I hope that experience goes on forever, for them.

• redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

Where is the option that I think SW:TOR will do just fine and that I hope GW2 flops like I think it will, so that when all teh fans souls' are crushed I can feast merrily on their anguish and misery. 

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by elocke

Great.  Good response.  I'm fine with people not digging the game.  I certainly don't understand tha appeal of EVE despite trying multiple times.  Therefore, I certainly don't think people have to love SWTOR.  Not your game, perfect.

The problem I have with this poll, and a few posters here lately, is the attitude and trolling attempts by mostly GW2 fanatics.  I am happy to discuss what people feel is wrong with SWTOR, just as long as they understand that other people may feel those same failings are in fact features.

Take a recent quote from Gabe at penny-arcade concerning Skyrim.  "In the end it comes down to the same problem I have with all these sorts of open world games. I find them sort of paralyzing. When I meet a group of people in Skyrim and they want me to join their cult or whatever I just freeze up. If I do join it, will I miss out on some cool thing later? If I don’t join it, are they going to have some rad adventure without me? No matter what I choose I feel like I missed out on something awesome. I’m not picking a direction to go, I’m deciding not to go a hundred other directions. Obviously I’m a crazy person but that’s just how these games make me feel. I need a much more directed game experience to have a good time."

There is nothing wrong with his assessment.  I feel the same way in sandbox MMOs.  I like the themepark "game-on-rails" type of experience because it provides me with a logical linear narrative.  When I get into a sandbox, I usually end up quitting within a few weeks and it's not because the game stunk, it's because I ended up feeling like I didn't know what to do.  It felt like there was no goal, no point to the experience.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I expected to not like the game, based on what I had read about it and seen from videos, etc... I got in and truly disliked it, would never play it again. It's just the polar opposite of the style I love to play.

But why would I expect anyone to feel like I do about it? Why would I want it to die?

I wish every style of game out there could thrive so that so many varying degrees of style preferences could have something to play that could make them happy.

I've been playing mmorpgs since M59 and I never understood when folks who dislike a game, even if I dislike it for the same reasons, wish the game to be gone from existance.

As long as there are people enjoying a game, and with this one it's obvious there are tons of people enjoying it, and as long as a game is financially viable for the studio running it, then I am of the school of thought that said game should continue so that it's players can continue to enjoy it.

I hated my experince with the game and know that I will not play it. Still though, I thank Bioware for the beta experience and submitted a couple bugs and am happy to have helped in a way. I wish the game all the best and as a gamer I am truly happy that those who prefer this style will have an experience of this caliber to enjoy... and I hope that experience goes on forever, for them.

If only all the people that don't like the game could be as level headed as you. Nice post.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

By the OP's logic:

I do not like the writer of this thread, therefore he should be banished from existence.

Make is so!

You stay sassy!

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

GW2 fanbois.....

If you want a war,

I'll give you a war you can't handle!

:)

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Show's over. Fans win. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• sexypanda198sexypanda198 Member Posts: 151

i can't vote either my option isn't there. you make hatefull poll for star wars TOr on the TOR board you knew what would happen. play your mmo and let us enjoy ours does TOR scare you that bad. if gw2 is so great then why the hate and worry about TOR.

• sexypanda198sexypanda198 Member Posts: 151

Originally posted by dubyahite

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

If only all the people that don't like the game could be as level headed as you. Nice post.

glad to see someone be honest instead being hatefull fanboy. if only more players thought this way forums might be more pleasent.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Going to go ahead and lock this one up.

This discussion has been closed.