Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game will do ok, just ok.

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by evemaster00

Originally posted by Biggus99

Originally posted by DarkPony

I'm a full beta tester

Hmkay ... let's see.

all light/dark side classes

Wut?

A sith inquisitor is a bounty hunter

I don't even ...

All republic/empire classes are identical mirrors of each other. You wish to contest this fact?

Inquisitor/consular are identical mirrors of each other, sith is empire, consular republic. If you compare bounty hunter with inquisitor, their skills are near identical. They get the same damn skills, they do the exact same things, except 1 or 2 skills, such as the shield ability they both get, which is only different by the amount it aborbs and how often you can use it.

Inquisitor has the same skills as Bounty Hunter, huh?  lolwut?  Yeah, the classes on either side are mirrors of each other, as they have to be for balance, but comparing a Bounty Hunter to an Inquisitor is like saying that in WoW a warrior  is the same as a deathknight because they both use two-handed weapons.  

Ridiculous comparison, and not at all accurate.  And I played both classes in my beta weekend and have researched the skills of both classes pretty extensively.  

Good for you man, i guess you failed. I've played both classes to a high level and have extensively planned out builds for each and that's how I noticed that their skills are identical for the most part. Same skills, different names.

I played the consular and I've played the bounty hunter,  no they don't even play remotely the same.  They don't have the same skills either,  you can tell that just for starters, for example, the consular has a very small set of AOE abilities to start out with,  yet, the Bounty Hunter for the most part has quite a few that deal AOE in the early levels.  The mechanic for each class is much different too.   With the bounty hunter you balance heat in a reverse endurance mechanic,  on the consular you balance health with your force bar.  Also all grey damage for the consular is done at close range, while many of the sages abilities are based around ranged combat.    The bounty hunter starts with primarily all ranged combat.

It is definitely not a 1 for 1 match... but if you want to say that "yeah the inquisitor gets a knock back ability, and the Bounty hunter has one too so they are exactly the same"  than you may have a point there.  Its foolish,  but you may be right.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Are you really in the beta and played to a high level your review seems fraught with things others are contradicting easily.

Chamber of Chains
  • evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

Originally posted by EndDream

I'm a full beta tester

Hmkay ... let's see.

Wut?

I don't even ...

All republic/empire classes are identical mirrors of each other. You wish to contest this fact?

No, not contesting THAT. They have to be, for balance sake. But when saying that you are a "full beta tester", and later on in the thread "I've played both classes to a high level and have extensively planned out builds for each" I am a bit surprised that you name Republic and Empire classes "Light/darkside classes", because light and dark side is a completely different mechanic / aspect of the game. Heck, I didn't even play the beta and I know the difference.

Inquisitor/consular are identical mirrors of each other, sith is empire, consular republic. If you compare bounty hunter with inquisitor, their skills are near identical. They get the same damn skills, they do the exact same things, except 1 or 2 skills, such as the shield ability they both get, which is only different by the amount it aborbs and how often you can use it.

If you say so ... last thing I heared is that an Inquisitor gets to stealth around (in case of an Assassin) and use lightsabers along with ranged force abilities while the Bounty Hunter has neither of that and uses handguns, gadgets, grenades, a jetpack and a flamethrower. But yeah ... both can heal right? And both can do damage to other players? And there's of course the same amounts of eyes and limbs too ... I can see your point.

Shadows can stealth, inquisitors cannot, inquisitor is a base class. The inquisitor sorcerer is a mirror the bounty hunter mercenary.

Is this a joke? lol?

No, if you were in the game, you would know that the base class is trained seperately from the advanced class. You train both up as you level up, you continue to train the inquistor tree long after you pick your advanced class. It is the inquisitor tree itself that is identical to the bounty hunter tree.

You're making yourselves look like total idiots, GJ.

Originally posted by cheyane

Are you really in the beta and played to a high level your review seems fraught with things others are contradicting easily.

You're believing the assumptions of non beta testers who will say any old rubbish just to try to troll someone who posted the truth about their precious game?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I'm a full beta tester

Hmkay ... let's see.

Wut?

I don't even ...

No, not contesting THAT. They have to be, for balance sake. But when saying that you are a "full beta tester", and later on in the thread "I've played both classes to a high level and have extensively planned out builds for each" I am a bit surprised that you name Republic and Empire classes "Light/darkside classes", because light and dark side is a completely different mechanic / aspect of the game. Heck, I didn't even play the beta and I know the difference.

If you say so ... last thing I heared is that an Inquisitor gets to stealth around (in case of an Assassin) and use lightsabers along with ranged force abilities while the Bounty Hunter has neither of that and uses handguns, gadgets, grenades, a jetpack and a flamethrower. But yeah ... both can heal right? And both can do damage to other players? And there's of course the same amounts of eyes and limbs too ... I can see your point.

Shadows can stealth, inquisitors cannot, inquisitor is a base class.

That's why I wrote; "(in case of an assassin)".

You weren't aware of the fact that Inquisitor Assassins can use stealth?

The inquisitor sorcerer is a mirror the bounty hunter mercenary.

Yes, and a fork is the same as a spoon; they both do a good job at shoving grub in my mouth.

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by TJixlee

I'm a full beta tester

Hmkay ... let's see.

Wut?

I don't even ...

HOLY CRAP! Pony didnt even play the ebta and he's more educated in the game than you are eve. O.o    o.O very odd if i do say so myself

Nope, infact this guy doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about. The shadow advanced class has stealth. Stealth does not come from the inquisitor tree, only the shadow tree. Sorcerer advanced class does not have stealth in it's tree, and is directly mirrored with the bounty hunter mercenary advanced class.

I am 100% correct in saying that inquisitor does not have stealth. The inquistor tree is a baseclass and is trained seperately from the advanced class trees.

You're the ones with the facts wrong.

Well, let's see...the Inquisitor class does have an advanced class that can stealth, though right?  And you can't get that advanced class without rolling the primary Inquisitor class right?

Now, let's compare that small oversight to someone who claims the Inquisitor basic class is a mirror to the Bounty Hunter basic class.  Let's also compare it with somone who claims that Light Side/Dark Side is a class choice, rather than an entirely separate system available to all classes and both factions.  

Now, take those two examples, who sounds like they know less about the game?  

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I'm a full beta tester, this game offers nothing new. Warzones are a pointless sideshow, as is space combat. This game will not kill WoW, or any other game. I predict that it have a huge number of players from preorders, but will lose a lot of players after the free month is up when people realise it's just the same old mmo we've been geting over and over again for several years. Warhammer, Aion, Rift, i'll stop short at FFXIV, because FFXIV was a broken game and I wouldn't exactly call this game broken, but I do have some major issues with it.

Most of the classes are mirrors of each other. Fair enough that all light/dark side classes are identical mirrors, but it also seems like they just made 2 or 3 base classes and mirrored every class in the game from those 2-3 classes. A sith inquisitor is a bounty hunter, they have the same skills almost 100%, just a few skills are in slightly different flavours, ie their mechanics work slightly differently. Most are identical skills just with different names and graphical effects, mechanically they do the exact same effect., even the tooltip is identical. I think Bioware really cheaped out with this aspect.

The voice acting stuff seems a bit pointless, it takes a long, long time to talk to npcs, forcing me to skip all of it, and in release i'll turn all of that stuff of completely. As if that wasn't bad enough, there's a hell of a lot of running around to be done, between the running from npc A to npc B, you don't really do all that much actual combat. Leveling is quite slow, it will be dreadfully slow if you listen to all the npc dialogue.

This game may well retain true Star Wars fans, that's if Star Wars is your main thing, if not, this is just the same old same old with less features, less classes and a whole lot of money wasted on making voice overs for questing.

Trainable talents (aka wows talent system) are not very great either. Many of them are underwhelming, especially some of the end talents, I would expect for investing all my points into a tree that I could get at least a useful talent at the end of the tree. not some junk that is basically a mirror of an ability that I already have, that shares the same cooldown with that ability and is hardly any better.

Many talents are mirrored too, I noticed that the classes who have healing specs, the healing specs are just mirrors of each other for the most part.

Well now we know at least 1 person they wasted a full time beta slot on. I dont think anyone thought a bioware game would be great for power gamers which you clearly are. The Voice acting is pointless? ITS ONE OF THE GAMES BIGGEST SELLING POINTS. I'll stop short of calling you names since I dont want to get a ban.

Seriously why in the hell would you have wasted a beta slot like that? Had you bothered looking at the game AT ALL before signing up for beta you would have known the game would NOT be for you. You admitted you arent really into star wars. WHY BETA TEST A STARWARS GAME THEN. People can be such morons. If you arent interested in the IP or the game style stay the hell out of beta and let someone else in who actually gives 2 shits about the game and wants to help make it better.

I am not getting the game. Why? Because its been clear from almost the beggining (at least when the first good chunks of info started comming out) that this would be a typical themepark MMO with a top of the line story and voice acting. Because of that I didnt even sign up for beta.

PS. Sorry for all the caps. Its just people like this piss me off even if I dont give a crap about the game myself.

• TJixleeTJixlee Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by TJixlee

I'm a full beta tester

Hmkay ... let's see.

Wut?

I don't even ...

HOLY CRAP! Pony didnt even play the ebta and he's more educated in the game than you are eve. O.o    o.O very odd if i do say so myself

Nope, infact this guy doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about. The shadow advanced class has stealth. Stealth does not come from the inquisitor tree, only the shadow tree. Sorcerer advanced class does not have stealth in it's tree, and is directly mirrored with the bounty hunter mercenary advanced class.

I am 100% correct in saying that inquisitor does not have stealth. The inquistor tree is a baseclass and is trained seperately from the advanced class trees.

You're the ones with the facts wrong.

your lack of seeing the difference between a force user and non force user is mind boggling! for you to say an inquisitor and a bounty hunter are one in the same is well dense to say the least!

Originally posted by EndDream

I'm a full beta tester

Hmkay ... let's see.

Wut?

I don't even ...

Shadows can stealth, inquisitors cannot, inquisitor is a base class. The inquisitor sorcerer is a mirror the bounty hunter mercenary.

Is this a joke? lol?

No, if you were in the game, you would know that the base class is trained seperately from the advanced class. You train both up as you level up, you continue to train the inquistor tree long after you pick your advanced class. It is the inquisitor tree itself that is identical to the bounty hunter tree.

You're making yourselves look like total idiots, GJ.

You are correct in the base class not receiving stealth.  The base class only gets a few abilities to start with and as you progress the main abilities you gain from the "base" class have to do with mounts or upgrades to exisiting abilities.   

Tank trees will be somewhat similar to other tank trees, even though the abilities are very different, but yes to some extent they will have the same effect,  reduce damage,  gain aggro,  etc.  I didn't play a tank on my consular, I was a healer so I can't speak to the exact workings of a consular tank,  but I did tank on my BH and my SW.  I did not find them particularly similar.

• dj525dj525 Member Posts: 39

Whats the Bounty Hunter doing on any side. They should be stuck in the middle as a gun for hire. Well guess I'll have to wait and see when I get to play the beta .  Still if they are stuck to one side then I call BS.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270

Originally posted by xenogias

Well now we know at least 1 person they wasted a full time beta slot on. I dont think anyone thought a bioware game would be great for power gamers which you clearly are. The Voice acting is pointless? ITS ONE OF THE GAMES BIGGEST SELLING POINTS. I'll stop short of calling you names since I dont want to get a ban.

Seriously why in the hell would you have wasted a beta slot like that? Had you bothered looking at the game AT ALL before signing up for beta you would have known the game would NOT be for you. You admitted you arent really into star wars. WHY BETA TEST A STARWARS GAME THEN. People can be such morons. If you arent interested in the IP or the game style stay the hell out of beta and let someone else in who actually gives 2 shits about the game and wants to help make it better.

I am not getting the game. Why? Because its been clear from almost the beggining (at least when the first good chunks of info started comming out) that this would be a typical themepark MMO with a top of the line story and voice acting. Because of that I didnt even sign up for beta.

PS. Sorry for all the caps. Its just people like this piss me off even if I dont give a crap about the game myself.

Well damnnnN!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

@eve aka ts/op

Save some breath, people believe what they want to believe. Including your review, there's enough warning out there for vet mmo player to get an idea of what to expect and what not. No point arguing with people who doesn't want to see things objectively.

Originally posted by channel84

@eve aka ts/op

Save some breath, people believe what they want to believe. Including your review, there's enough warning out there for vet mmo player to get an idea of what to expect and what not. No point arguing with people who doesn't want to see things objectively.

What he posted wasn't objective, it was... not correct.  The inquisitor and bounty hunter aren't the same class.  Period.  Even when speccing down the same advanced class.  All healers are not the same even if they have heals.  All tanks aren't the same because they can tank.  And all DPS aren't the same simply because they do damage.  He fails to see the difference between them.

Originally posted by dj525

Whats the Bounty Hunter doing on any side. They should be stuck in the middle as a gun for hire. Well guess I'll have to wait and see when I get to play the beta .  Still if they are stuck to one side then I call BS.

Well, considering there are two factions in the game, they need to be in one of them.  And without giving away spoilers, if you do the Bounty Hunter class quest line, you will see that they are not remotely like the Sith, nor on anyone's side.  They are strictly mercenaries looking to get paid, and have no affiliation with any one group, and you can play them that way with the choices you make.  In fact, when I played mine, I played him so that he had a very antagonistic relationship with the Sith, but dealt with them professionally because they paid well.  

The BH is only part of a specific faction for the sake of balance.  You can play them as neutral as you want, and the quest line supports this kind of play.

Originally posted by channel84

@eve aka ts/op

I take it you does have personal experience with playing Bounty Hunters and Sith Inquisitors or are you just here assuming things matching your personal prejudice?

Originally posted by StanlyStanko

Originally posted by xenogias

Well damnnnN!!

xeno has it all correct here. i cant really say how ahrd it is to not call this guy names. if i said everything iw anted to say all you would see is * everywhere. and i would deffinately get an IP ban for life. this guys was a waste of a beta slot for sure!

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by dj525

The way their story works, they pretty much work in their own interest.

In a game with faction based PvP, they have to be on a side; that's the way it works.

Oh noes! I wasn't specific enough about the names of the factions. Wow, this place is geek central, getting all worked up and going into exact specifics over minor details such as not entirely correct wording, just like a true nerd. I typed light/dark because I assumed it would make enough sense for people to understand what I meant, most "normal" people are going to understand that you're refering to the jedi/rebels when you talk about "light side" and sith/empire when you talk dark side. But I underestimated the uber nerdiness of people on this forum, or perhaps you're just fanbois looking to get a one up in any way possible. I must know less about the game because I used incorrect wording! Get a life please.

Should I post all of the inquisitor and bounty hunter skills, we'll see who's talking the truth then.

Yes plx.

Really looking forward to you posting the BH stealth ability.

Oh noes! I wasn't specific enough about the names of the factions. Wow, this place is geek central, getting all worked up and going into exact specifics over minor details such as not entirely correct wording, just like a true nerd. I typed light/dark because I assumed it would make enough sense for people to understand what I meant, most "normal" people are going to understand that you're refering to the jedi/rebels when you talk about "light side" and sith/empire when you talk dark side. But I underestimated the uber nerdiness of people on this forum, or perhaps you're just fanbois looking to get a one up in any way possible. I must know less about the game because I used incorrect wording! Get a life please.

Should I post all of the inquisitor and bounty hunter skills, we'll see who's talking the truth then.

Feel free to post those skills if you want.  And feel free to tell us how they are completely the same skills.  I'd be interested, and very amused, to hear your thoughts.

• DrastDrast Member UncommonPosts: 149

Having read the OP, and the subsequent replies, I would have to warn you against trusting this guy's review as he has no clue about the game. 

Anyone who thinks a Mercenary mirrors a Inquisitor (Assassin or Sorcerer AC) seems to be more a troll than an honest reviewer.  At the very least, the OP is not knowledgable enough to give such a review.

The mirroring of classes take place cross faction. Assassin > Shadow, Sorcerer > Sage, Juggernaught > Guardian, Marauder > Sentinal, and so on and so on. These mirrors are in place for balance between the factions.

The voice acting is phenomenal, and hardly pointless.  It is one of the factors of SWTOR that makes me not want to play any other MMO. 

The "running around', as you put it is great actually.  It forces you to explore and get to know your game world, like we used to need to do in our MMO's. It seems you want instant gratification, without having to earn anything.  Where is the sense of accomplishment when everything is easy?

Originally posted by Biggus99

Feel free to post those skills if you want.  And feel free to tell us how they are completely the same skills.  I'd be interested, and very amused, to hear your thoughts.

i'm going to have to agree. post away!

Yes plx.

The BH stealth ability is called "Sprint."  Run fast enough by a mob before they detect you and you'll have a head start and be able to cruise right by them.  In fact...wait a minute....ALL CLASSES HAVE SPRINT!  THEY ARE ALL MIRRORS!  NOOOOOOO!

i have a proposal for all like minded individuals in this thread besides the OP lets simply report this guy for trolling and maybe we wont have to deal with extremely dense threads like this one

Yes plx.

I never said the shadow was a mirror of bounty hunter. The inquisitor tree is a mirror of the bounty hunter, most of the skills are mirrors, only a few arn't. You're good at failing to understand how the advanced class system works in this game. When you pick shadow, you get a seperate skill tree from your inquisitor tree, and you still continue to train in both classes right up to 50.

This discussion has been closed.