Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Imperial Agent Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware has blown the lid off of coverage of Star Wars: The Old Republic and MMORPG.com's Carolyn Koh takes a look at the Imperial Agent and has taken some great in-game screenshots to show the class off. Read on and then weigh in with your thoughts in the comments.

Ah Bioware, where would we be without story? That’s the first thing I want to say. The opening movie of Star Wars: The Old Republic pretty much kicked ass. I have had the opportunity over the past couple years, to play quite a bit of the starting story of both Imperial and Empire at various media events and each time, I’ve not wanted to stop. I love the story aspect of MMOs (those which have it) and will putz around to smell the roses or in this case, kill a sniveling excuse for a human or two. I decided for my time with the press beta on SWTOR to play the Imperial Agent because that was a faction/class combination I had not played before. I was an assassin, an operative – the secret weapon of the Empire! Uhh… that might be pushing it. I was a total noob at how this class worked. But it would prove to be fun.

Read more of Carolyn Koh's Star Wars: The Old Republic - Imperial Agent Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Trooper first, Agent next. Thanks for the write-up; now I'm sure the Agent will be my first alt.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Wow, those spoilers were something, I just took the fool out immediately for delaying my progress. The Agent story is great fun,  now to just get back to playing the game next weekend :)

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

Agent was my final alt... I wish I'd mained him. DEFINITELY going to be maining him on release.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• ASpartanASpartan Member UncommonPosts: 44

The IA has without a single doubt the best storyline in the entire game. Even if you dont like to play ranged DPS toons aka paper cannons you should give the IA a try based on the storyline alone. That is how good the storyline is for this class.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Wot, a whole article and no Kaliyo?!

I am disappointed, she's a real love or hate companion, and I adored her. Stopped playing my IA at level 25 last build to keep it for launch (I keep rolling IAs and making myself stop playing them), as aSpartan said above, the storyline completely rocks.

But it's also worth mentioning that you can muck about in your skill trees and be less squishy up close as an operative, with a lot of rogue-like abilities: stealth, grenade, stabbity, shoot, stabbity moar - tons of fun!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

If I play the game...this class would be my main character. I played till level 11 and stopped. The class and I just click.

(I  say if..... because 24/7 persistent faction conflict is why I would play...and I haven't gotten enough information on that subject yet)

• dx2killadx2killa Member UncommonPosts: 11
    IA is awesome. The best mechanics out there. Boy did I have fun in pvp with mine.
  • EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

Was a little disappointed with this write up probably the weakest of the class previews, guessing the author was desperately trying to avoid spoilers and went the other way making it quite an ambigous preview.

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

• CarolynKohCarolynKoh Staff WriterMember Posts: 202

I didn't get flagged for beta until Monday.  It was a huge download. The article was due Thursday. I have a day job where I usually work  8 - 6. It was a completely new build and new class for me, and servers went down Thursday morning. Soo... partly trying to avoid spoilers, partly - I just did not have much time with the game before I had to write it.

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Eranu

Was a little disappointed with this write up probably the weakest of the class previews, guessing the author was desperately trying to avoid spoilers and went the other way making it quite an ambigous preview.

The imperial agent storyline was pretty good. Definitely, the class is looking like my first alt.