Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Dungeon Coming with New Patch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Vanguard team has announced that a new dungeon will be included when the next game patch deploys. Called "City of Brass", the dungeon is considered a 'progressive dungeon' that will feature thirteen bosses.

Here's what else the team announced will be included in the patch:

o what is in the first upcoming update….

· Overland Raid bosses

· New Dungeon – City of Brass

o Massive progressive dungeon with thirteen bosses and new rewards for players that can survive long enough to obtain them

· Removal of Corpse recovery

o This will aid in making the leveling process more enjoyable as well as remove the frustration that can be encountered from suffering a death penalty

· Experience curve decreased

o Experience has been modified to make leveling a new character a bit easier

· Increase in loot drop rates

· “Golden Path”

o Riftways instructing players to ideal leveling areas with new rewards for all levels

Participate in the discussion on the Vanguard forum.

Thanks for the tip, Coolit!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

Nice! I Might play some before swtor ;)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

cool, the love is starting to come in. I can't say that removing the death penalty is a wanted thing but I'm sure that some might like it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Oh my...I think I'm going to cry.  FINALLY, some VG news and a nice patch giving EVERYTHING I need to get back into the game.  Less time to level, woot, I love playing tons of alts so this will be nice.  No corpse return, woot, I hated that aspect of this and every other MMORPG.  New dungeon, awesome, it will have to wait till I get to that level though, lol.  Time to reinstall and resub me thinks.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Removing death pennaltiess?

Mmos really becomming a sad lot these days

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

what he says...

• sartoksartok Member Posts: 79

"· Removal of Corpse recovery"

Good ord how sad...... There go' half te rason of being a rogue. MY time spent there as one was so rewarding. Always there to be the guy to recover someones corpe that was 1.5 hrs down in a dungeon. Other than that and the fact the upd xp gain that looks great.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

hey as long as they are going to do patches, perhaps grow the game than all is good

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

why does good news always seem to be shrouded with nerfed mechanics? Why must every game be heading towards the same wowtastic state? Id be suprised there is no x-server LFD tool .. if there were more than 1 server.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Removal of corpse recovery, experience curve decrease, increased loot drops, and this Golden Path all take away from Vanguard and what made it fun and unique... Now, there's a "strict" leveling path, items and levels come by more easily, and dying is a nuisance instead of a challenge.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Well now we know what happened to eq2,  they took our dev team and actually worked on vanguard and that is why were getting an xpac in eq2 with no content.

Happy for the vanguard players for 2 years they been asking for something and there it is.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

please make it free to play, please =( 

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Might have to head back and give it another go now that the game is seeing updates again. They all sound like positive changes, and the "Golden Path" will lead players of similar levels together so there are more people around, which is necessary, even if it does detract from the overall experience because it won't be left up to exploration.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Originally posted by erictlewis

Well now we know what happened to eq2,  they took our dev team and actually worked on vanguard and that is why were getting an xpac in eq2 with no content.

Happy for the vanguard players for 2 years they been asking for something and there it is.

It's a fair tradeoff... I mean c'mon, this should be a lunchbreak patch for the EQ2 team.

So I guess they got a long semester to rest and do a bit work on VG ;)

I am also pretty shure that the 'no content' you are talking about for EQ2 is more than what VG received this patch.

For me I'm a bit sad I didn't picked station acess this time instead of just subbing to EQ2.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• UncleSantaUncleSanta Member UncommonPosts: 99

· Removal of Corpse recovery

o This will aid in making the leveling process more enjoyable as well as remove the frustration that can be encountered from suffering a death penalty

· Experience curve decreased

o Experience has been modified to make leveling a new character a bit easier.

2 steps in the wrong direction IMO.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

did soe fix the clunky mechanics? i want to give this game another shot but i dont feel like paying for clunky mechanics when i can get smoother gameplay somewhere else :/

• SkrankenSkranken Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by Sovrath

cool, the love is starting to come in. I can't say that removing the death penalty is a wanted thing but I'm sure that some might like it.

One of the things I loved about this game was that it sucked big time to die..

Removing this is just a big step towards dumbing down the game.. sadly..

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

I agree it really pisses me off removing the death penalty,it's the start of dumbing down Vanguard. Having played since release and done all major top level content on 4 characters each level 55 this new content is a god send.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by ArcheAge

I agree it really pisses me off removing the death penalty,it's the start of dumbing down Vanguard. Having played since release and done all major top level content on 4 characters each level 55 this new content is a god send.

i think soe are using some poor strategy making the game easier and giving some updates trying to hold the few fellows subscribed  cos swtor is just 1 month away and they will leave VG for sure

edit: note i said i think, as in opinion

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by ArcheAge

i think soe are using some poor strategy making the game easier and giving some updates trying to hold the few fellows subscribed  cos swtor is just 1 month away and they will leave VG for sure

edit: note i said i think, as in opinion

i srsly doubt the few people still playing VG are at all interested in a game like SWTOR. Some may try it, but SWTOR is nothing like VG. It may as well be the anit-VG.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Is this real life? Although I do fear SOE is going to take the route which is pretty much going to kill any individuality Vanguard had up to that point with removal of death penalties and overall change of pace thanks to EXP modifications. I'll give them fool's benefit of a doubt, but they most likely don't get what makes Vanguard different.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Didn't know death penalities is the only thing which made a game challenging.

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

Im not really sure who this "update" is targeted towards. Leveling has been easy mode ever since $oe took over with the exception of thier exp nerf 51+. The existing themepark training wheels with riftmasters directing you to the next quest hub wasnt easy enough? does it really need a "golden path" update lol?

Removal of corpse recovery? There was already a means to summon corpse if you died some place you couldnt retrieve your corpse, with but a moderate exp penalty. The penalty for actually recovering your tombstone was so light as to be comical.

Vanguard doesnt need faster,easier leveling, or under 51 content. It needs 51+ content, both for those that raid and even more importantly those that dont raid.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

Yay for you guys.  Its nice to see they are at least still working on one of my favorite games of all time!  Sadly, I will not be coming to have fun with you all, due to there being no PvP server anymore.  Good luck all of you out there in Telon I believe it is.  Maybe this will actually be the right direction for what could have been the greatest game ever.  

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

Originally posted by finnmacool1

Im not really sure who this "update" is targeted towards. Leveling has been easy mode ever since $oe took over with the exception of thier exp nerf 51+. 

SoE took over before the game was ever even in release.  So I'm not sure what other leveling mode you are referring to unless you are talking about beta.  

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Methos12

Is this real life? Although I do fear SOE is going to take the route which is pretty much going to kill any individuality Vanguard had up to that point with removal of death penalties and overall change of pace thanks to EXP modifications. I'll give them fool's benefit of a doubt, but they most likely don't get what makes Vanguard different.

I have to wonder if these companies don't have some metrics on these things.  Sounds to me like they do.  They probably watch new characters and low level characters and compare them to max level characters to see where the issues are.  I know I would.  

On that note, the 2 things that kept me from enjoying the game were the death penalty/corpse run and the slow pace of leveling past level 25.  Now that those 2 old mechanics are going to be removed I can actually enjoy the game.  Because I, and many gamers like myself, enjoy exploring, class progression, questing, combat and aren't in it for extreme challenges or hairpulling mechanics designed to piss me off.  It's the same reason WoW was a blast and the same reason CoD is a blast.  It makes the game FUN and not a chore.

I'm sure many disagree with that, especially in these forums, but those aren't the people quitting a great game like VG to go play something a bit more forgiving and therefore doable for people with less time or compunction to devote to "hardcore" game mechanics.