Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

HUGE PROBLEM

13»

Comments

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Plainfield, NJPosts: 801Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Hauken

So how the h... im i going to get away with playing SWTOR the first couple of weeks? I got 1 1/2 week off from work... Its X-mas and my girlfriend is gonna go cannackas on my sorry butt. Guess a 5 Kg diamond would do the trick.

Get yourself a 2 week supply of Roofies image

• DarkPonyDarkPony RotterdamPosts: 5,566Member

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

So how the h... im i going to get away with playing SWTOR the first couple of weeks? I got 1 1/2 week off from work... Its X-mas and my girlfriend is gonna go cannackas on my sorry butt. Guess a 5 Kg diamond would do the trick.

Get yourself a 2 week supply of Roofies image

"Gamer drugs girlfriend in order to play video game undisturbed".

Oh dear ...

• KanesterKanester WalesPosts: 374Member Uncommon

Originally posted by czekoskwigel

I've been warning my wife since the day they announced the release date, so she knows what to expect.  The BEST thing I did was getting a gaming laptop, so I can sit on the couch and play while "we" watch TV together :)

Haha Brilliant, I can't play on a lap top but my PC desk is right next to our Sofa, She still moans I don't sit with her, I could touch her if I put my arm out.

She knows how long I have been waiting for SW, But I don't think I can get away with it this time. Unless im ill.......

• KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Wenatchee, WAPosts: 118Member Uncommon

My exwife told me it was her or the computer....I now hae 3 computers :D

• StruggsStruggs Cincinnati, OHPosts: 205Member

My gf just moved to florida, and I am possibly being moved there for my job. If it happens she said she wants me to teach her all the games I play. So if shes serious (and she better be) I will probably buy another desktop or a gaming laptop for her.

imageimage

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

Actually anyone putting a game above spending christmass and vacation time with friends and fammily has a serious problem...

So basically the OP has 2 choices, he can choose for his girlfriend or choose to find professional help.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HaukenHauken Mo I RanaPosts: 649Member

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Actually anyone putting a game above spending christmass and vacation time with friends and fammily has a serious problem...

So basically the OP has 2 choices, he can choose for his girlfriend or choose to find professional help.

Damn seems a bit drastic to have her off'ed becouse of a game. Dude you need help....

PS this was meant as a humours tread.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• GrahorGrahor aaaPosts: 828Member

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Who needs family and friends? Honestly! Such a bother!

• SwampRobSwampRob Halifax, NSPosts: 1,008Member

My wife's take on my gaming is this: "You're at home, you're not out boozing it up in a bar or chasing women, you're spending very little money and you're doing something you enjoy.   Why would I have a problem with that?"

I could understand if your gaming habit was 60+ hours a week or something, but if it's in moderation, EVERY woman should have the attitude like above, or you need to seek another woman.

• XthosXthos Columbus, OHPosts: 2,628Member

My wife and I play games together, and she enjoys playing support classes, and I like playing a dps class, so it usually works out well.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Flushing, MIPosts: 2,096Member

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Originally posted by Leethe

Use my method. A few hours before i want an extended session in the game I make sure I give my wife some quality time. By quality I mean good slow sex with lots of foreplay. After that I could book a weekend with the boys to Amsterdam and she wouldn't care.

slow sex lol

Slow sex is taking an extra 10 sec to disrobe.

If you have been with the same person over 10 yrs, sex shouldnt take longer than 5 minutes. One minute for the act, another for the undressing, and 3 minutes for the after sex cig.

If you arent watching TV and/or sleeping within 10 minutes, at the latest,  you need to turn in your man card.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• PapaB34RPapaB34R StockholmPosts: 300Member

why talk about your problems in here when you could be stocking up jet-cola, snacks and food for the 1 month long swtor-raid. Better get a dousin or two coffiene-pill bottles... once you have that bar the windows, doors and other potential access points and prepare yourself mentally for the gaming ahead... (oh about the gf, unless she can boost your stats I really suggest you choose a different group setup)

13»