Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HUGE PROBLEM

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

you picked a girlfriend that doesn't play mmo's? What were you thinking?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Leethe

Originally posted by Hauken

So how the h... im i going to get away with playing SWTOR the first couple of weeks? I got 1 1/2 week off from work... Its X-mas and my girlfriend is gonna go cannackas on my sorry butt. Guess a 5 Kg diamond would do the trick.

Use my method. A few hours before i want an extended session in the game I make sure I give my wife some quality time. By quality I mean good slow sex with lots of foreplay. After that I could book a weekend with the boys to Amsterdam and she wouldn't care.

slow sex lol

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

A 5K diamond might help.  But a better solution would be to get a second computer and coax her into playing "with you".  At least that way, if things don't work out, you'll have a spare computer... =P

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by eyelolled

you picked a girlfriend that doesn't play mmo's? What were you thinking?

I would rather cut my heard from my cheast then letting my girlfriend play an mmo ! Espacially the same as I play. Damn this is my world, dont need her to bother me in it too,...

Best trick is to buy her the sims, show her how to play it and leave her alone.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by Joshua69

Originally posted by Alphamojo

Originally posted by boognishe

Clearly the only solution is to leave your girlfriend.

lol no video game in the world beats steady pooty tang!!

you dont need a "girlfriend" to get some.

Exactly! Do what normal people do and just pay for it. It's like P2P games vs F2P...eventually the F2P will cost you more ;)

Post of the day!!!!  LOL

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Just get her to play with you. Let her create a toon. Worked for me a few years back got my wife to play heh.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Beacker

Just get her to play with you. Let her create a toon. Worked for me a few years back got my wife to play heh.

I wish this would work on my girlfriend.  I just can't get her to try them.  

I get that "not enough time" excuse, then I find her looking at random pictures on that "Pinterest" site for hours.

*Sigh* girls.

• Pest138Pest138 Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by czekoskwigel

I've been warning my wife since the day they announced the release date, so she knows what to expect.  The BEST thing I did was getting a gaming laptop, so I can sit on the couch and play while "we" watch TV together :)

Sorry buddy but if you think she will let you get away with that for more than an hour you are clearly deluding yourself.

Every married guy out there knows I speak the truth.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

My solution?

GF plays with me. Problem solved.

• tankknattankknat Member UncommonPosts: 68

Originally posted by Soki123

This is so true, thats why I got my wife to like swtor, so I get the best of both worlds :)

I honestly think my wife likes SWTOR more than i do...

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Pest138

I've been warning my wife since the day they announced the release date, so she knows what to expect.  The BEST thing I did was getting a gaming laptop, so I can sit on the couch and play while "we" watch TV together :)

Sorry buddy but if you think she will let you get away with that for more than an hour you are clearly deluding yourself.

lol I've been doing it for years.  That was the compromise to get me out of the downstairs office :)

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Find a girlriend that will tease you that she managed to get her hands on a (physicial)collectors edition and you were too slow and it sold out...

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

You've not seen Jerry Springer in a while have you?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Pest138

MEh you guys are doing it wrong, I know I'll be able to play, just like I get as much time in Skyrim as I want, because she's doing the same thing.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Just not that pony.

*neighs*

Poor guys. The "While "We" watch TV together" is very recognizable. I personally found that being in the room together already takes care of most prerequisites to not lose standing. But when you are just out of sight and earshot during in-home relaxation hours, you'll be tanking rep.

*shivers*

Single at the moment here, so apart from family, friends and work not many obligations. Can't say I miss being in a relationship. Well, in some regards I do. But the advantages of being single are very dear to me.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

Just get your wife or significant other into gaming too, it solves so many problems, never again will you have to justify that new graphics card or cpu, the extra memory or new surround sound headphone set, you just have to make sure your wallet can handle the buying two of everything above, the ONE thing you never want to happen is for her gaming rig to be slower than yours.

Skyrim was a perfect example, bought two copies and she was the one who put the phone and take out menu's next to her pc :)

I am on my 90th hour of skyrim she is on her 67th hour.

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

So how the h... im i going to get away with playing SWTOR the first couple of weeks? I got 1 1/2 week off from work... Its X-mas and my girlfriend is gonna go cannackas on my sorry butt. Guess a 5 Kg diamond would do the trick.

Spend Christmas with your beloved and wait for GW2 instead. :P

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Of course i put my girlfriend and family first. And i know that she is gonna give me some time with my games. As long as i do my part at the house. Spending quality time with her and her kids. I will get my time ingame when she is at work or busy with other things.

(If i can get her new kitchen ready for x-mas i will be golden tho....)

Many good humerous advice here and some maybe to seriously ones :)

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• MetsisMetsis Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by arieste

Originally posted by stragen001

my uhm.. problem.. is bigger than yours...

i'm away on vacation from dec 15 to jan 15 in a place where there is no internet available.

Wow, No Internet! Where are you going, Outer Mongolia? 

Antarctica.

Remember to pack your lightsaber and some robes, droid outfits and LARP the Eternity Vault raid there with the people you are there with... Or Hoth. To get your fix.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

quality time with family, soon live when swtor goes live.

"dad sits by his 4 or 5 digit pro tech pc and logs in." - quality in the hardware aquired instead of that washing machine wife been craving for so long cos the last one burnned out while he was playing MMOwhatever Version Addict.

"wife sits by and asks "- Can i buy that nice dress for Xtmas honey?" He is in the middle of a ultra expert pro kinda raid to reach the 9th stage where he can finally wear the famous rabbit pink shoes of prowness.. so the answer comes.. in a mechanic way.. " - Ya hmmmm yes .. indeed ye " Again an example of quality time, she prolly couldnt get that $100k dress ever..

"Hey dad... do you mind we going out and smoke some pot.. can i borrow 1k from your wallet?" - catching the dad in the middle of choosing the level up stats and skills gain is a smart move. "- ya hmmm yes... indeed ya.. sure take it all" - "-Gee thanks dad youre my hero." - Again quality time for the kids at home.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • sofakingdumbsofakingdumb Member Posts: 54

Santa is fake. Just play the game and tell everyone to grow up. Santa does not exist. No reason to celebrate. Should be playing 100% of the time.

Quit your marriage. It is useless. Your penis is small and you prefer a computer compared to vagina. You obviously do not need a woman in your house. McDonalds can always cook for you. Spend the same money $15 a month, on some one to clean your house. Just play the game.

No excuses. 

Play

BE THE WOOKIE!

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Originally posted by sofakingdumb

Santa is fake. Just play the game and tell everyone to grow up. Santa does not exist. No reason to celebrate. Should be playing 100% of the time.

Quit your marriage. It is useless. Your penis is small and you prefer a computer compared to vagina. You obviously do not need a woman in your house. McDonalds can always cook for you. Spend the same money $15 a month, on some one to clean your house. Just play the game.

No excuses. 

Play

BE THE WOOKIE!

LMAO!

I actually share a house with a fellow gamer. We do pay a maid (she does great work!), and broke up with my psychotic X just a few months back (Best thing to happen to me all year!) She was so crazy she makes me wish my "thingy" was detachable, so I could detach it and put it in storage. Stupid prick just brings insanity to my life anyways.

If only I didn't work so much...

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Metsis

Originally posted by stragen001

my uhm.. problem.. is bigger than yours...

i'm away on vacation from dec 15 to jan 15 in a place where there is no internet available.

Wow, No Internet! Where are you going, Outer Mongolia? 

Antarctica.

Remember to pack your lightsaber and some robes, droid outfits and LARP the Eternity Vault raid there with the people you are there with... Or Hoth. To get your fix.

There is internet in Antarctica, just with horrible lag. I heard it's because the penguins who deliver the packets are dicks!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Naqaj

There is internet in Antarctica, just with horrible lag. I heard it's because the penguins who deliver the packets are dicks!

At the North Pole that's sorted by polar bears. Their customer service department prides itself on having zero unhappy customers due to their aggressive "Personal Attention" policy.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Get yourself a 2 week supply of Roofies image