Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Interrupted by Starshine

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Yet another MMORPG.com writer has had to tear himself away from the allure of Skyrim in order to fulfill obligations to our readers. In this week's One Jump Home, Ross McDermott takes a look at CCP's recent ship overhauls and at the four ships coming to an EVE server near you. Read on and then let us know what you think in the comments!

Hybrids have been significantly overhauled, the power-grid and CPU requirements to fit Hybrid weaponry have been lowered allowing for greater flexibility on the hulls they're meant to be mounted too. In addition to this, several Hybrid hulls - mainly Gallente hulls - had their manoeuvrability and their agility increased, allowing for greater base speed and attempting to negate the speed penalties applied via fitting armor modules such as Trimark Armor Pumps or Armor Repair Systems.

Read more of Ross McDermott's One Jump Home: Interrupted by Starshine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

This article make my heart sing a rail gun song. Nice dude , that was awesome :)

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

All in all, I have to say it looked pretty interesting (always appreciate when CCP looks at FiS instead of wasting resources on WiS).  I almost never used hybrids - even on hybrid ships, I would be using guns or missles (lol, even on Amarr I'd be squeezing in guns).  The nebulae stuff looks nifty - always felt like there was too much "dark matter" out there and not enough matter.  So yeah, all in all... I found it to be a good article.  Thanks for the update.

However, I do not give a rat's ass about your enjoying Skyrim nor Skyrim itself...just saying.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• AndrewDoKAndrewDoK Member Posts: 24

As an Eve player myself, this is the first expansion since Aprocypha that I'm really looking forward to. It seems like CCP has finally got the message that few of us care about walking in stations and are finally making the game the players want. The features I've been seeing and testing on SiSi are amazing. The new battlecruisers will look great under my Christmas tree.

• DalanoDalano Member Posts: 116

Your Oracle pic is actually an Anathema.

Playing: FFXIV, EVE