Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim Help Thread - Will contain Spoilers -

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Skyrim Help Thread - Will contain Spoilers - so do not read any further if you do not wish to have the game spoiled for you.  I think I and others need a thread to get assistance, this game is so deep and complex and the world is so huge it is impossible to know everything.

So here is a thread for people like me who might need some help firguring things out.  If you need help - feel free to post here and maybe Ior someone else can assist you(if at all possible).

BTW here is my firsdt issue.

I keep hearing NPC's telling my character she looks sickly or ill, or under the weather.    I ahve no indication my character is ill.  Is it possible she contracted a disease or something I am not aware of?  I ahve fought no werewolves or vampires that I know of...so I do not think it is lyncanthropy.     So what gives - anyone know?

Comments

• FlexorFlexor Member Posts: 9

While I have not had that specific problem, one thing that I have noticed is that NPCs react to what you are wearing. So maybe it's an item you have equiped. 

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I think they just ran out of dialogue

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I've had that happen to me before too, things I did and it seemed to fix it:

Go to a temple and get cured of all diseases by praying at an altar.

Have a good nights rest (it tells you you feel fully refreshed)

Eat something...  (might as well, can't hurt)

After doing this my mage is no longer told he doesn't look good.  You can also contract diseases from wolves and bears.. etc.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Thats just npc small talk, any poison/diesase will show up under 'active effects' in your magic Inventory.

happens to me a few times, usually from merchants that want to sell potions.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Aramanu2

Thats just npc small talk, any poison/diesase will show up under 'active effects' in your magic Inventory.

happens to me a few times, usually from merchants that want to sell potions.

NPC's that lie to you to get you to spend money!

What is the gaming world coming to?

AMAZING that's what.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I'll just go to shrine in whiterun and pray and im cured of all sickness.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Once you get to the theives guild questline, you will run into a huge bug that stops a certain NPC from opening the door. There are workarounds if you search Google or you can find the questID and skip the quest all together using in-game commands. Just a heads up and you will now when this bug hits as it will stop you from progressing. Game is amazing btw!

I would also say I ran into a bug where, once when accidentally attacking a guard.. he asked me if I wanted to pay, go to jail or I could run away...

Well, I chose to fight it out..

Needless to say guards would attack me everywhere,  and when I tried to yield so that I could pay my fine, it wouldn't work. 

A quick search and I found this is common... and the work around killed the game for me on that character. (I was on a warrior without a spell and the code to get all spells worked, but I couldn't get rid of all the spells afterwards which made it pointless)

Supposedly going through particular faction channels can get a bounty off of you in that situation or using a calming spell on a guard thats attacking you will also work....  hopefully they fix that though.

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by Teala

Skyrim Help Thread - Will contain Spoilers - so do not read any further if you do not wish to have the game spoiled for you.  I think I and others need a thread to get assistance, this game is so deep and complex and the world is so huge it is impossible to know everything.

So here is a thread for people like me who might need some help firguring things out.  If you need help - feel free to post here and maybe Ior someone else can assist you(if at all possible).

I keep hearing NPC's telling my character she looks sickly or ill, or under the weather.    I ahve no indication my character is ill.  Is it possible she contracted a disease or something I am not aware of?  I ahve fought no werewolves or vampires that I know of...so I do not think it is lyncanthropy.     So what gives - anyone know?

Hey Teala, look under Magic and from there look into "active effects", you have a disease of some kind. You either have to go to a temple and get cured or create a potion to cure it. There are a few  diseases, perhaps fighting rats?

• renaldarerenaldare Member Posts: 20

If you join the companions and decide to become a werewolf you will lose the bonus from beign rested when you sleep. They do not tell you this before you accept. If I had know I would have waited a little while longer before finishing the quest for it.

Originally posted by renaldare

If you join the companions and decide to become a werewolf you will lose the bonus from beign rested when you sleep. They do not tell you this before you accept. If I had know I would have waited a little while longer before finishing the quest for it.

I was under the impression you could cure your werewolfism.....  is that not an option?

Originally posted by mackdawg19

Once you get to the theives guild questline, you will run into a huge bug that stops a certain NPC from opening the door. There are workarounds if you search Google or you can find the questID and skip the quest all together using in-game commands. Just a heads up and you will now when this bug hits as it will stop you from progressing. Game is amazing btw!

Thats a nasty bug indeed i hope Bethesda comes quickly with patch to fix those bugs.

Its indeed a superb game, even when its not PC game its still very good for PC that must be RARE?

Have 40houres gameplay now and counting...only 14%done yet is that AMAZING or not hehe.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

You can find a cure but it's not easy.

• renaldarerenaldare Member Posts: 20

there is a quest line for it but I havent started on it yet.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I've noticed the "You look Ill" dialog as well but for me at least it mostly happens when dealing with merchants that sell Ingredients or Potions. I figured it was just their 'Sales Pitch' so to speak and haven't given it much thought beyond that.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

I've been asking around on the Skyrim forums and so far got no answer so I thought I'd ask here, how do you kill Krev the skinner in the Companions quest line? She kills me in like 2 shots and I read somewhere that a dragon shout will be able to aid you well in killing her but I only have 2 and can't even use them for whatever reason, is there any other way to do it? even Aela can't tank her, a couple of shots and even she's down for the count :(

:EDITED:

Nevermind, I found out how to use my dragonborn powers.

imageimage

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

go to magic and scroll down to "constant effects" or whatever it is called. You will see something in red. that is your issu. If the woman in whitehall (I'm bad with names) says she detects a disease you might not have the disease, she is just trying to get you to buy stuff.

Which worked on my twice. : (

edit: oops, face30 beat me to it. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

I noticed this too, ended up praying at the shrine in Whiterun and got the "cured of all diseases" message. NPCs started using dialog other than "You look like ****" which was nice... 

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I was under the impression you could cure your werewolfism.....  is that not an option?

yes, you can cure it. Apparently you have to finish the companion quest line first.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/11/15/skyrim-companions-how-to-cure-werewolf-lycanthropy-disease/

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

No Disrespect and I know your intentions are good, but nearly 2 pages of posts telling people how to cure sickness isnt going to help anyone with no structure to this thread,  Just go to Wiki or google your question will result in more help than you can shake a stick at.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

*SPOILER* Thoughts on completing the main question:

I think it is bull how little difference it all made in the end. ohh I just killed the elder dragon and nobody gives a crap except once a while a guard goes "Ohh thanks for saving humanity". pffft. nothing really changed and the dragons kept coming. I should have killed the leader of the greybeards when I had the chance. The newly formed blades wont cooperate with me because Im not as zealot as them. sigh.

I got 3 companion recruits for the blades for Esbern but it seems to be bugged. Cant start the dragon lair hunting! grrr!

I didn't bother with companions or thieves guild, but Dark Brotherhood was amazing. AMAZING. 

AMAAAAAZING!

Originally posted by Kalfer

*SPOILER* Thoughts on completing the main question:

I think it is bull how little difference it all made in the end. ohh I just killed the elder dragon and nobody gives a crap except once a while a guard goes "Ohh thanks for saving humanity". pffft. nothing really changed and the dragons kept coming. I should have killed the leader of the greybeards when I had the chance. The newly formed blades wont cooperate with me because Im not as zealot as them. sigh.

I got 3 companion recruits for the blades for Esbern but it seems to be bugged. Cant start the dragon lair hunting! grrr!

I didn't bother with companions or thieves guild, but Dark Brotherhood was amazing. AMAZING. 

AMAAAAAZING!

I never hit the main quest line first, I always go the route of where I want my character to go.. so.. first thing I did on my main character was go straight to the mages college.  Also a really awesome storyline.  Completely threw me in some areas. 

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Thanks for the answers everyone I'll give praying at the shrine a shot.  :)   Some of you might be right  though that it is a sells pitch of a kind buy alchemist and potion sellers.    That is too funny.

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by maskedweasel

yes, you can cure it. Apparently you have to finish the companion quest line first.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/11/15/skyrim-companions-how-to-cure-werewolf-lycanthropy-disease/

Lol i try find out everything ingame myself i never search net for solutions funny how all you guys use guides:P

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Find a shrine at one of the temples or churchs to cure anything you might have caught.