Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you get annoyed when...

Someone says that he's a huge 40k fan, but when you ask him if he ever considered playing the tabletob game he answers: "What tabletop game ?"

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Verterdegete

Someone says that he's a huge 40k fan, but when you ask him if he ever considered playing the tabletob game he answers: "What tabletop game ?"

That would not really annoy me.  I'd be more likely to discuss the game with somebody that stopped one day to look at their collection of miniatures and had their jaw hit the floor as they realized how much money and time they had spent on their minis, lol.

Given the number of games that have been out for WH40K though, I could see where somebody could be a fan without ever building an army of minis - collecting the various generations of rulebooks, reading the GW mag, reading the books, etc, etc, etc.

I mean, there's been what...16-18 or so video games based on the franchise?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

It was the books that made me a fan and i have never played the table top game.

Originally posted by nerovipus32

It was the books that made me a fan and i have never played the table top game.

Some of those books put to shame some of the garbage that ends up on the various bestsellers lists.  I was definitely amazed at how well written some of those books were.

• VerterdegeteVerterdegete Member UncommonPosts: 247

I'm not saying that it's annoying when people are fans of 40k fluff without ever entering the hobby. It's just absurd to me that someone can call himself a Warhammer fan while being  completely unaware of tabletop game's existance.

Originally posted by Verterdegete

I'm not saying that it's annoying when people are fans of 40k fluff without ever entering the hobby. It's just absurd to me that someone can call himself a Warhammer fan while being  completely unaware of tabletop game's existance.

I find it absurd that WoW/WC fans rip on the Warhammer IP - given how WC came to be, heh.

Yeah, I can see finding it funny that somebody could be into WH40K without knowing there was a tabletop game . . . I've never met anybody that was not aware that is where the franchise started though, unlike WoW fans that have no clue about the Warhammer history.

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

and someone had to post this....

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10/

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Originally posted by cheshyrecat

and someone had to post this....

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10/

Those discussions were definitely...lol...yeah, there may have been some violent thoughts.