Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim Mods!?

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Is anyone else using any of the mods that have been getting released?  For them not having the Construction Set yet, they're doing a pretty amazing job at it.  Mostly .ini tweaks, new higher-rez textures and such, but damn does it look so much better already!

Here are the ones I'm using thus far, all gotten from Skyrim Nexus:

• Custom Cursors {Dragon}

• Detailed Faces

• Enhanced Blood Textures

• Enhanced Night Sky

• Font Replacement

• FXAA Post Processing Injector

• High Texture Armor

• Imperial Green Outfit

• No more Blocky Noses and Chins

• Map in Full 3D

• Skyrim Sunglare

• Female Muscles for Nords

• Time on Loading Screen

• Vurts Skyrim Pine Bark Textures

• Vurts Skyrim Pine Textures

• Whiterun High-Rez Textures

And here are some screens showing off the changes:

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I'm using some of the textures, yeah.

Sure hopin that construction set comes out soon though.....

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

For the Post Processing Injector...are you using the higher saturation file or lower? Not sure what the differences are between them. And nexus is down it looks like.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I dont understand what your talking about what have you changed?

What have changed then in these screenshots?... ive comepared to my game about same spots and mine are fine and looks beautifull.

Are you playing a XBOX or old computer?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I really cant see the difference between my unmodded game and those screenshots, so i"ll wait for proper mods to come out :/ Theres already some nice mods out there though, I'm keeping track of skyrim nexus.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Only one mod I want.

I want a mod that lets mobs respawn in cleared dungeons, ruins, caves & Camps at a faster rate.

They dont need to create new creatures, just want these areas to feel like real places like they did in Oblvion.

Clear dungeon  of bandits, come back in a day or so and find undead have moved into the place clear them and the next time its big old rats.

Do that for me Modders and I love u foreva

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

Originally posted by Z3R01

Only one mod I want.

I want a mod that lets mobs respawn in cleared dungeons, ruins, caves & Camps at a faster rate.

They dont need to create new creatures, just want these areas to feel like real places like they did in Oblvion.

Clear dungeon  of bandits, come back in a day or so and find undead have moved into the place clear them and the next time its big old rats.

Do that for me Modders and I love u foreva

I approve this message.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I use fxaa post process injector. It makes everything a little sharper and increases contrast or something. Don;t know exactly but it looks more high-ress and colourfull. Nights are darker and a little more blue =P Overall It's nice imo.

If you look at the screenshot comparisons...the difference is rather big

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131

However, the screenshots look really cartoony to me. Looks like I'm playing a really good looking WoW and not Skyrim.

I am going for a more subtle approach with this one (going to try it out and see how I like it in-game)...which also has better textures (though the version in first link may have better textures too)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=174

Judging by the screenshots. It gets rid of the fallout 3 green (what is that doing in Skyrim?), makes it more blue, better textures than vanilla and makes dungeons/nights darker. The difference aren't nearly as major as the first mod...but I think I might like them more. You can of course customize both of them to fit you more. It is a highly customizable mod...nice to get starter ground, though.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

These are good stop-gap mods, I'd suggest waiting for the real mods since the creation kit hasn't been released yet.

Originally posted by Isasis

However, the screenshots look really cartoony to me. Looks like I'm playing a really good looking WoW and not Skyrim.

I am going for a more subtle approach with this one (going to try it out and see how I like it in-game)...which also has better textures (though the version in first link may have better textures too)

Judging by the screenshots. It gets rid of the fallout 3 green (what is that doing in Skyrim?), makes it more blue, better textures than vanilla and makes dungeons/nights darker. The difference aren't nearly as major as the first mod...but I think I might like them more. You can of course customize both of them to fit you more. It is a highly customizable mod...nice to get starter ground, though.

Thanks for the 2nd link. I actually like it better too. A little more subtel and it doesn;t affeck my performace as far as I saw =]

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by TwilightEdge

Thanks for the 2nd link. I actually like it better too. A little more subtel and it doesn;t affeck my performace as far as I saw =]

You do know those are the same mod, just different settings.  Am about to check out the second one myself here shortly...

And to those that can't see the differences, well I suppose had I provided before shots it would be easier, but they are rather substantial considering the Construction Set hasn't been released yet.  Its enough to get by on for a more PC quality look, until the better ones are released. {scratch that, the second one won't load ~ just crashes to desktop every time!}

The second one uses the process injector from the 12th or 13th...the new version of process injector is a bit broken with the mod. He is aware of it though and said it would be fixed shortly.

But yes, both of the files are the same...just, both use different settings (as said). 

Try downloading it again. He seems to have fixed it...at least with the FXAA full pack. Not sure if the other ones are fixed. And not sure if the full pack is the same as the one in first version or not, don't have time to test it.

Yea it works with the older FXAA program. I simply downloaded whole mod, not only the changes and it works fine.

Overall I mainly use it to make textures a little bit sharper.

imageimageimage

Here is a comparison of the 2 FXAA settings mods posted above!

First one, which I use as I like the darker contrast tones it has: {fullsize here}

And the second which is not bad, but its too bright for me:  {fullsize here}

Also, I just got to the first dragon fight, after some 14hrs...LOL  {you can seriously get to this point in about 1hr if you go straight there}  Got a couple really nice shots during the fight and wanted to share them!

Fullsized Versions here:  I & II

When comparing those two...the first one actually looks a bit better. Better than in the screenshots on the actual mod. Before I fully decide...how is the first one in dungeons at night? You said it was a bit darker color tone...is that true for dungeons too? I really like my dungeons and night dark :D Without having to mess with my monitor settings :P

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Agoden

I really cant see the difference between my unmodded game and those screenshots, so i"ll wait for proper mods to come out :/ Theres already some nice mods out there though, I'm keeping track of skyrim nexus.

Same here.  Nothing has caught my interest yet with mods, but we have time yet.  I'm waiting for the content mods myself.  Not that I need more content right now, lol, but so far the game runs fine and looks incredible for me.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

PCGamer posted this list earlier.  Only one I like is the memory hack and the Blood.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

When comparing those two...the first one actually looks a bit better. Better than in the screenshots on the actual mod. Before I fully decide...how is the first one in dungeons at night? You said it was a bit darker color tone...is that true for dungeons too? I really like my dungeons and night dark :D Without having to mess with my monitor settings :P

As you can see from teh dragon encounter at night, its pretty dark, but no less here are a few screens from Bleak Falls Barrow, or whatever its name is...heh  {The first major dungeon}

Also, dunno if this plays a major role or not, but I did just buy a brand new 46" Samsung LCD, and I have most settings for contrast, shadows and blacks at a rather darker setting, but I'd like to think so.  Its worlds better looking than my last HDTV...

I'm still messing with the settings, but with the post process original version...

I seem to like saturation at 0.20. Less colorful, a bit more like regular Skyrim and not so colorful like in the screenshots on the mods page. I also am messing with 1.50 (which is higher saturation,which seems to be most popular one...maybe too colorful for me. But I'll try different areas to compare) and 0.70 (but I personally don't like this one). So until I get on tonight, I'll be personally messing with saturation at 0.20 and 1.50 (which is what the screenshots are in on the mods page and default setting for the mod)

One commenter said he didn't like post_sharpen, and turned his off since he said he had halos around trees at night...but I'll see...seems post sharpen makes the game look better with it on, but I haven't seen what it looks like at night.

Using FCAA Post Process Injector...here are two setting comparisons. I didn't take any default settings that come with vanilla Skyrim. That would have taken a lot of messing around, not really time for that. There is a big difference when using this and default, though. I should add, I did mess with the shadow settings in SkyrimPref...because my shadows were really buggy in the vanilla skyrim.

Each screenshot has a counterpart with seperate settings. I found that out of the settings I tried, post_sharpen at 0.10 and saturation 0.20 was a good choice. I took both night and day screenshots.

I also really like post_sharpen 0.10, saturation 1.20 (which I call high saturation)

(edit) Added 8:20 PM Nov-14...here is a third variance of the settings. Messed with some of the others. Post_sharpen back to 0.05 (my preference), saturation 0.30, Gamma 1.05, FXAA 0.55

(edit) 15th Nov...Added the default (low) saturation (which I call medium here) that is part of the mod. No settings changed. Removed the NPC shots, as they didn't add much (mostly because they didn't come out good) and took up space.

You may try adding bloom 3 to the options as well (that was changed after the third screenshots). When I tried it with .30 saturation, it made outdoor areas a bit nicer...less bright and glowing, and a bit more realistic. Didn't see any change in the dungeon area. I plan to stick with just bloom 5 for now. Most people keep it at that, it seems.

Hope you guys may find this useful...I mostly did this so I can compare easier and see what I like more. Took me a lot of work :P Mostly posting the links and fixing the size on the screenshots (which seems to be the longest part).

Low saturation: Dungeon01

.30 low saturation: Dungeon02

High saturation: Dungeon03

Med saturation: Dungeon04

Low saturation (day): Village01

.30 Low saturation (day): Village02

High saturation (day): Village03

Med saturation (day): Village04

Low saturation (night): Village05

.30 Low saturation (night): Village06

High saturation (night): Village07

Med saturation (night): Village08

Low saturation (day): Scenery01

.30 Low saturation (day): Scenery02

High saturation (day): Scenery03

Med saturation (day): Scenery04

Low saturation (night): Scenery05

.30 Low saturation (night): Scenery06

High saturation (night): Scenery07

Med saturation (night): Scenery08

added the last options I'm trying for now. Its the default low saturation that comes with the mod. I called it (med)ium in the text in the post.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I still do not get the dirt sliders. What is this fascination with trying to get that "I just woke up from the grave" look down.

Chamber of Chains

I finally found a good tweak setup. This one however based on Hunin's process injector based mod. This one is a lot easier to tweak and make it look better. The settings have been trimmed down quite a bit, to the more important ones. Those who like more color, probably won't like the default version (you can probably tweak it for more color)...but default adds quite a bit of more realism to the graphics and improves them. It might be a bit dark for you, but you can adjust the gamma slider in-game to get it how you want it. Since each monitor is different.

It is vastly different than vanilla Skyrim, as you'll see from the screenshots. I personally like it more...but everyone has different preferences. I personally didn't like the overly colorful theme that process injector had. Was a bit harder to tweak the settings, as well. Plus, nights seemed too blue.

Anyway, here is the mod. Give it a try if you like it or not.

I don't know how easy it would be to uninstall/remove, though. I deleted all the files in process injector (except the d3 or whatever file that is needed for Skyrim) and the game wouldn't start at all until I put the files back that I removed, or replaced them with this new mod. So, unless you have a pause/break key on your keyboard (to turn the mod off), it will probably end up stuck or you having to reinstall the game.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=191

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Im surprised the inevitable naked mod is taking so long.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.