Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll should Ghostcrawler be sacked over MOP ?

1234568»

Comments

  • GameOvrGameOvr Phoenix, AZPosts: 55Member

    Originally posted by Supersoups

    Originally posted by GameOvr


    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

    people are very easy with destroying someone's career. 

     

    The result of GC's heavy hand is most likely the cause for losing 1.7 million subs and a couple hundred million dollars a year in revenue.

     

    Money that you know, pays other peoples salary, puts food on the table and clothes on their kids, and allows new content to be created, that kind of stuff.

     

    Yeah but you are asking to sack someone on basis of an un released expansion. MOP is not out yet so neither you or anyone else is in any position to declare it a success or a failure.

     

    Try reading, I'm talking about Cataclysm.

  • SupersoupsSupersoups New Orleans, LAPosts: 1,004Member

    Originally posted by GameOvr

    Originally posted by Supersoups


    Originally posted by GameOvr


    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

    people are very easy with destroying someone's career. 

     

    The result of GC's heavy hand is most likely the cause for losing 1.7 million subs and a couple hundred million dollars a year in revenue.

     

    Money that you know, pays other peoples salary, puts food on the table and clothes on their kids, and allows new content to be created, that kind of stuff.

     

    Yeah but you are asking to sack someone on basis of an un released expansion. MOP is not out yet so neither you or anyone else is in any position to declare it a success or a failure.

     

    Try reading, I'm talking about Cataclysm.

    OP is about sacking him over MOP.

    image

  • GameOvrGameOvr Phoenix, AZPosts: 55Member

    Originally posted by Supersoups

    Originally posted by GameOvr


    Originally posted by Supersoups


    Originally posted by GameOvr


    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

    people are very easy with destroying someone's career. 

     

    The result of GC's heavy hand is most likely the cause for losing 1.7 million subs and a couple hundred million dollars a year in revenue.

     

    Money that you know, pays other peoples salary, puts food on the table and clothes on their kids, and allows new content to be created, that kind of stuff.

     

    Yeah but you are asking to sack someone on basis of an un released expansion. MOP is not out yet so neither you or anyone else is in any position to declare it a success or a failure.

     

    Try reading, I'm talking about Cataclysm.

    OP is about sacking him over MOP.

    You are quoting me and I'm not.

  • GameOvrGameOvr Phoenix, AZPosts: 55Member

    The kind of decision to create a Panda xpac to make the game more appealing to the Chinese market is not a decision that GC would have made that is a CEO/Marketing level decision.

     

    Game mechanics, that's GC's area. He totally screwed up Cataclysm in the area he had control over, he probably had nothing to say about pandas.

  • SupersoupsSupersoups New Orleans, LAPosts: 1,004Member

    Originally posted by GameOvr

    You are quoting me and I'm not.

    I am giving me my overall opinion regarding the issue and please don't tell me you do not agree with OP that he should be sacked over MOP.

    image

  • GameOvrGameOvr Phoenix, AZPosts: 55Member

    Originally posted by Supersoups

    Originally posted by GameOvr


    You are quoting me and I'm not.

    I am giving me my overall opinion regarding the issue and please don't tell me you do not agree with OP that he should be sacked over MOP.

    And don't tell me what I think.

     

    He should be sacked, just not over MoP, if you READ the post just above yours you might have noticed that.

  • SupersoupsSupersoups New Orleans, LAPosts: 1,004Member

    Originally posted by GameOvr

    Originally posted by Supersoups


    Originally posted by GameOvr


    You are quoting me and I'm not.

    I am giving me my overall opinion regarding the issue and please don't tell me you do not agree with OP that he should be sacked over MOP.

    And don't tell me what I think.

     

    He should be sacked, just not over MoP, if you READ the post just above yours you might have noticed that.

    Dude seriously.. no one is telling you what to think but it is kind of obvious that you agree with OP and that is why i quoted you. only because i didn't mention CATA doesn't mean it changes your stance over MOP.

    image

  • arctarusarctarus nilPosts: 2,570Member Uncommon
    no, btw he's not the guy who put in the pandas
    " My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that

    includes the game balance"
    link : http://www.wowwiki.com/Greg_Street

    RIP Orc Choppa

  • WraithoneWraithone Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 3,592Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

    people are very easy with destroying someone's career. 

     

    Given Ghostcrawlers past history (and attitude), its rather easy to find damn good reasons to terminate his position.  Starting with more than a year and a half of "balancing" (ruining) the death knight class, and moving on from there.  Which is really just the tip of the iceberg where His Divine Dev'ness is concerned. 

  • AsatrusFireAsatrusFire Boca Raton, FLPosts: 34Member

    Originally posted by uohaloran

    I'm pretty sure most everything from this expansion was floating around Blizzard's offices before they even hired the guy in 2008.  Axing one dude for something that is probably a collective desicion wont do anything.

    I agree with this. The first who should go is the C.E.O.  Letting GC become the scapegoat will only mask the underlying issues for a short time. I do believe GC should go but likely there are several others who need to hit the road right along with him. The new C.E.O. should be a gamer as well as a businessman and his first order of business would be to restructure the game design team.

  • AsatrusFireAsatrusFire Boca Raton, FLPosts: 34Member

    Oh and while we're at it .... can we find the guys who designed the level 60 epic BG gear and get them back on the team? Even the level 70 gear was pretty good looking.

  • MMOSareDEADMMOSareDEAD MichaelPosts: 47Member

    GC should defo stay at Blizzard. If he's fired, he'll start working for another gaming company and there's a slim chance our paths might cross again in a future game. I'd rather that never happened...

  • FaelsunFaelsun Brandon, MSPosts: 492Member

    Originally posted by MMOSareDEAD

    GC should defo stay at Blizzard. If he's fired, he'll start working for another gaming company and there's a slim chance our paths might cross again in a future game. I'd rather that never happened...

    Truth in Action my friend, I played UO then some Jackalope dev named Evocare came along and trashed the game only to follow me to wow to help trash it to. Kalgan.

1234568»
Sign In or Register to comment.