Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll should Ghostcrawler be sacked over MOP ?

1234568»

Comments

• GameOvrGameOvr Member Posts: 55

The kind of decision to create a Panda xpac to make the game more appealing to the Chinese market is not a decision that GC would have made that is a CEO/Marketing level decision.

Game mechanics, that's GC's area. He totally screwed up Cataclysm in the area he had control over, he probably had nothing to say about pandas.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by GameOvr

You are quoting me and I'm not.

I am giving me my overall opinion regarding the issue and please don't tell me you do not agree with OP that he should be sacked over MOP.

• GameOvrGameOvr Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Supersoups

I am giving me my overall opinion regarding the issue and please don't tell me you do not agree with OP that he should be sacked over MOP.

And don't tell me what I think.

He should be sacked, just not over MoP, if you READ the post just above yours you might have noticed that.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Supersoups

And don't tell me what I think.

He should be sacked, just not over MoP, if you READ the post just above yours you might have noticed that.

Dude seriously.. no one is telling you what to think but it is kind of obvious that you agree with OP and that is why i quoted you. only because i didn't mention CATA doesn't mean it changes your stance over MOP.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    no, btw he's not the guy who put in the pandas
    " My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that

includes the game balance"
    link : http://www.wowwiki.com/Greg_Street

RIP Orc Choppa

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

people are very easy with destroying someone's career. 

Given Ghostcrawlers past history (and attitude), its rather easy to find damn good reasons to terminate his position.  Starting with more than a year and a half of "balancing" (ruining) the death knight class, and moving on from there.  Which is really just the tip of the iceberg where His Divine Dev'ness is concerned. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • AsatrusFireAsatrusFire Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by uohaloran

I'm pretty sure most everything from this expansion was floating around Blizzard's offices before they even hired the guy in 2008.  Axing one dude for something that is probably a collective desicion wont do anything.

I agree with this. The first who should go is the C.E.O.  Letting GC become the scapegoat will only mask the underlying issues for a short time. I do believe GC should go but likely there are several others who need to hit the road right along with him. The new C.E.O. should be a gamer as well as a businessman and his first order of business would be to restructure the game design team.

• AsatrusFireAsatrusFire Member Posts: 34

Oh and while we're at it .... can we find the guys who designed the level 60 epic BG gear and get them back on the team? Even the level 70 gear was pretty good looking.

• MMOSareDEADMMOSareDEAD Member Posts: 47

GC should defo stay at Blizzard. If he's fired, he'll start working for another gaming company and there's a slim chance our paths might cross again in a future game. I'd rather that never happened...

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by MMOSareDEAD

GC should defo stay at Blizzard. If he's fired, he'll start working for another gaming company and there's a slim chance our paths might cross again in a future game. I'd rather that never happened...

Truth in Action my friend, I played UO then some Jackalope dev named Evocare came along and trashed the game only to follow me to wow to help trash it to. Kalgan.