Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Trailer Shows Off The New Conglomerate

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The PlanetSide 2 has released a new trailer featuring one of the factions set to debut in the game on release. The New Conglomerate is known to inhabit the shady side of the street and members are known as rebels, traitors and terrorists.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

I was a huge planetside player, soon as I heard free to pay I am out. Sony Online is the worst at free to play, as most of their items you have to buy to get anywhere. Eh, pass... Sorry Sony, awsome your brining back a classic and a fpsmmo, but alas your free to play models are the worst in the industry. Thank you, but no thank you.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

Aw man, I played Ps for like 6 years and loved the NC, played NC for 6 straight years lol.  Through Johari-Markov-Gemini and the weapon models were sweet.  The new mag pistol looks like a TR repeater :S and the gauss rifle looks like a scar-l :S...not really diggin it.  The vanny looks awesome though along with the other vehicle models.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

SOE does more of a freemium model than F2P and a substantially more expensive model it is.  Aside from their atrocious lack of customer service and customer service skills, they don't make games worthy of more than $15.00 a month as it is, yet to get anything worthwhile out of their freemium games, you have to play substantially more than that.

• blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144

It is entirely possible they screw it up, but I was actually happy to see F2P for Planetside 2.  The one thing that hurt Planetside was lack of people at times.  I had always thought some sort of F2P model for PS2 was the way to go.  Unlike many MMOs Planetside relies almost entirely on high populations.

So far the best F2P model I have used is City of Heroes.  Not sure how that would translate to PS2.  The main point for Planetside is to get people in and hooked.  I do hope they have some sort of subscription option as well.

The F2P model has a chance to bring in so many more targets to shoot at and I believe that is the right choice for a game that relies on players to make it fun.  If they went "buy the game+subscription" model only, you would not see near a many people try it.

What it will boil down to, does it still have the epic feel of Planetside battles?  Did they implement the F2P system poorly?  If they do both well, we will see a huge population and that makes a lot of what Planetside is better.

I have hope, mostly becuase no other game has come close to Planetside for me.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

As long as T-Ray and Hig's are at the helm in their respected positions, and ForgeLight is the bizniss. Im willing to give Planetside 2 a chance for better and for worse.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

We have all those players who kept putting down loads of cash for playing cards in hopes of an uber in game item. SOE eye's nearly popped out their head seeing how a certain group of gamers are willing to spend to be on top, and now this is the way SOE run. I'll play PS2 no doubt and will decide what money I will throw at it from there, love PS too much to pass it up.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

SOE will manage to screw it up one way or another. I have no faith in that company whatsoever.

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

i can't wait, and Free to play works for me as i'm a student on a X-tremely limited budget. i may never pay for an mmo subscription again until i graduate and find steady work so in the meantime these kind of pay for what you want, when you want and how you want models work a lot better for me. i loved the original without becoming a fanboy about it so this should be jawesome! the more inexperienced free players running around the more fun for me, nyamean?