Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Soon.....Or Stress Tests.

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

I WANT TO PLAY ALREADY AHHHHHH so much temptation atm

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269

I sense Smedley is involved... SaBoTaGe

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please be aware that discussing beta-issues should be done on the beta forums.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by versulas

Wonder if we crashed it =/

Probably crashed. Keys are going out already for that last weekend SWTOR talked about. If you have not got a key, but are a IGN member, head over to http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/swtor-beta/

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by DLangley

Whole swtor.com website is down lol no where else to turn!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Seems all previous testers are getting in... just saw my invite.

Will be interesting to see what improvements they have made.

• DaylosDaylos Member UncommonPosts: 16

Chompin at the bit here.  Good to see they're getting a proper stress test, but dying to get in there! =D

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Maybe they were hacked and all credit card info has been compromised...oh wait....

• ArcaSpiffArcaSpiff Member UncommonPosts: 99

the site is down and the "play" button on my launcher wont work either.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by ArcaSpiff

the site is down and the "play" button on my launcher wont work either.

Same.

WIsh I could get to site and see if there is a workaround or simply "issues."

• ApotheosApotheos Member Posts: 62

What a failure. DB errors on the forums, the forums FE throwing errors, not serving pages, the test not going live, I'm disapointed that a big budget AAA studio can't deliver a simple stress test. I work on systems that take millions of transactions per second and eat them alive.

This is just bush league.

FAIL!

Apotheos

• MegaTommyMegaTommy Member UncommonPosts: 31

I just got invited to beta, but the e-mail contained no links, no keys, no instructions, nothing. What should i do to start playing?

I'm a dude. I do stuff.

Once again, these are not the SWTOR beta forums. Beta-issues should not be discussed here at all. Please abide by the NDA.

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

Hehe, well technically seeing as I haven't actually gotten to play the beta yet, I can't violate that policy.  Believe me, when I start playing you won't see me here. ;)

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

From forums:

Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Digna

Maybe they were hacked and all credit card info has been compromised...oh wait....

People will have woken up tommorow having spent $1000 on FIFA 11...

Joke!

• MegaTommyMegaTommy Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by kishe

From forums:

Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.

Oh, i see. Thanks a lot!

I'm a dude. I do stuff.

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by Apotheos

What a failure. DB errors on the forums, the forums FE throwing errors, not serving pages, the test not going live, I'm disapointed that a big budget AAA studio can't deliver a simple stress test. I work on systems that take millions of transactions per second and eat them alive.

FAIL!

The whole point of these tests are to... test.. these things. Be thankful they're running stuff like this 1 month out from launch so that by the time launch comes around everything will hopefully be ironed out and smooth.

What would be the purpose in doing it if they knew that it would go flawlessly.

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

SWTOR website crashed last night, and "SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon!" So most everybody can not get any official updates about TOR. Even the tester page has crashed.

I think this weekend is about the last closed beta test (was supposed to start about two hours ago).
    According to an additional FAQ covering this event, this will probably be the final beta testing weekend for the TOR prior to its December 20th launch.

BioWare also announced that SWTOR will be available to play at this month's Dreamhack LAN gaming event, from November 24th through the 27th at the Elmia Fair in Jönköping, Sweden.

edit
    btw the beta client is no small download

• KanoRainKanoRain Member Posts: 94

Once again, these are not the SWTOR beta forums. Beta-issues should not be discussed here at all. Please abide by the NDA.

The NDA states that you can mention that you've been in beta, are in beta, etc.  This is not a breach of NDA.

Originally posted by Deleted User

So much of the game is centered around forced grouping that soloing is not an option, major design flaw in my opinion.

^
    ^lol

Originally posted by KanoRain

The NDA states that you can mention that you've been in beta, are in beta, etc.  This is not a breach of NDA.

Discussing anything other than that, however, is against the NDA.

• jakkarsjakkars Member Posts: 207

well I have just recived 2 keys. i only signed up for fun. since this game is not interiesing me im going to play d3 an gw2 instead. already deleted the mail from my box. the same with my brother. he also received a key, but he also signed up for fun and won, he will not be playing either.

hmm... i think other deserve those keys more than i. if i just had a d3 key i would be happy.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

I got invited, but now I'm unable to sign into the website.

Groovy.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Originally posted by Apotheos

FAIL!

Calm down emotional one with millions of transactions. It will happen soon, Not the end of the world (well maybe it is if your whole life revolves around this beta). 

It'll happen when it happens, bound to be hiccups along the way. Just wait til launch day, there'll be the usual download server queueing madness.

If the delay gets too much for you, put a darth vader costume on and live the dream.....

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by jakkars

well I have just recived 2 keys. i only signed up for fun. since this game is not interiesing me im going to play d3 an gw2 instead. already deleted the mail from my box. the same with my brother. he also received a key, but he also signed up for fun and won, he will not be playing either.

hmm... i think other deserve those keys more than i. if i just had a d3 key i would be happy.

Funny enough I got a weekend invite as well, I'm already in CBT.  Anyway I have to ask what "keys" are you referring to? Last i checked general weekend invites are tied to accounts they were'nt using keys, did they change that?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson