Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Soon.....Or Stress Tests.

rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111111-0

According to thier page they will be releasing more beta invites through out the month and stress test events. They also have a few links that will be recieving promo keys for it. 

Euro Sites on that link too! :)

Comments

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

The beta weekend that starts in about 6 hours is a stress test.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

Yes I know that. I'm in this stress test thru email invite. But, just posting the link I've posted there that open stress tests and promo codes from websites will allow people who haven't been in yet to get a chance to test it out as well. More importantly the Euro side which hasn't had too many invites that I am aware of.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

SWTOR is not having an open beta.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by waynejr2

SWTOR is not having an open beta.

Not really an open beta. But, here take this quote right from that link.

"How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks."

Doesn't get any clearer than that. And people who didn't sign up can go thru external websites to get an invite. So, more or less if you really want to try it out it will be available soon one of these weekends.

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

Had to re-read that link 3 times to make sure I am not mis-reading something.....BUT IT IS TRUE AN OPEN TO EVERYONE AND THEIR AUNT BETA WEEKING IS COMING TO SWTOR!!!

imageimageimage

• KnightdaneKnightdane Member UncommonPosts: 9

well seems like most europeans still haven't recieved any invites even though their link says everyone...

and considering how few europeans have been invited to the beta so far, i'm not having high hopes..

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Call it what you want....I am glad I get to see it, as I have some doubts about things, and I have never played KOTOR, so I wanted to see it first hand before ordering it...So I am happy...

Unless they disable being able to report problems, I think it would still qualify as a beta, even a server beta if you want, to go along with game beta....

If you really want to argue what it is called though, it sounds like misplaced anger, and just say swtor sucks, thanks for reading my statement....It may well suck for you/me/someone else....But hey, don't beat around the bush!

Originally posted by Urza123

Had to re-read that link 3 times to make sure I am not mis-reading something.....BUT IT IS TRUE AN OPEN TO EVERYONE AND THEIR AUNT BETA WEEKING IS COMING TO SWTOR!!!

imageimageimage

Lol had to re read it 3 timse myself. Might give me enough time to test out Vanguard or Commando.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

So basically they are doing the same thing that Rift did just prior to their release. They are not technically having an open beta in the sense that you can just sign up uninvited at the website but they are going to be pretty much inviting everyone that they know about and providing ways for people to seek invites. I wouldn't be surprised to see them set up some kind of way for existing testers to "recommend" their friends.

I think this, all but open beta strategy will be the norm for the high end subscription games.

All die, so die well.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

They are basically going to crash the servers to see how much they can handle, putting massive stress on each server to the breaking point, thats what we will be doing today.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by rygar218

According to thier page they will be releasing more beta invites through out the month and stress test events. They also have a few links that will be recieving promo keys for it. 

We'll have keys. :)

Also, if you already signed up for Game Testing prior to 11/11/11 you are guaranteed to be included in that testing weekend. It is NOT necessary to claim a key unless you have not signed up yet!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by MikeB

Also, if you already signed up for Game Testing prior to 11/11/11 you are guaranteed to be included in that testing weekend. It is NOT necessary to claim a key unless you have not signed up yet!

*in best Cartman voice* Sweet.

So I'll get this weekend, and another weekend. I dont think I could be any happier unless they moved up the release date :D

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'm just curious if they are going to drop NDA for that weekend or not.

WIth THAT many testers, going to be really, really, impossibly hard to keep loose lips from going to town with spoilers/leaks.

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Beta Weekend Test. If you have previously tested or are currently participating in an ongoing test, you will be invited again. Additional details for this upcoming test will be announced soon.

As part of this test, we will be partnering with games industry sites to distribute additional beta codes as necessary. This will help ensure we meet our population goals, so we can effectively stress test our servers in preparation for launch. Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.

As a reminder, should you choose to participate, everything associated with this test (game information, process, forums communication, etc.) is confidential and may not be discussed outside of the Game Testing forum. Additionally, your participation in the Game Testing Program is subject to the Game Testing Agreement.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

its still not an open beta. That said we knew they were gonna be doing alot of stress testing up to release and that more and more weekend invites would keep going out. they also have stated u get in for a weekend and one weekend only if u get weekend testing invite. 

my gf got in this weekend and she only signed up end of august ive been signed up forever still nada loll

Originally posted by Roin

So I'll get this weekend, and another weekend. I dont think I could be any happier unless they moved up the release date :D

There's seriously going to be over a million people logging in to the game this weekend... holy shit.  Anyone know how many beta applications they've had?  I think I remember them announcing it...

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Judging from the fact that I finally got invited...its almost open beta

edit:

Actually got two beta invites.

Says its weekend Stress test. Also says they will be mass distributing keys over gaming sites.

So if you still didnt get key. I am pretty sure you will now...

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Fantastic news.  So I guess the whole, "They're hiding behind the NDA because they don't want the truth to get out" conspiracy theorists will have to find a new angle now.  

The haters are running out of ammo quickly.

Originally posted by Biggus99

Fantastic news.  So I guess the whole, "They're hiding behind the NDA because they don't want the truth to get out" conspiracy theorists will have to find a new angle now.  

The haters are running out of ammo quickly.

This shows that they're really ramping up for launch, they want to know with absolute certainty that their servers are going to be able to handle it, and there's plenty of time to address any hardware issues that arise.

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by czekoskwigel

Originally posted by Roin

There's seriously going to be over a million people logging in to the game this weekend... holy shit.  Anyone know how many beta applications they've had?  I think I remember them announcing it...

Its not this weekend. It is an upcoming weekend. Read it again.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I got an invite for the weekend but have no plans of testing a MMO I have no plans on ever playing.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

aww, I got 1 today, nice!

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

It's about as Open Beta as you can get without it actually being open. Anyone who was even slightly interested (or disinterested but wanted to prove a point) atleast registered at the website prior to today. That's pretty much Open Beta to me.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

*cough* Apparently they are inviting Europeans now to beta too. *cough*

Only (a) I can't log into the website, it seems the forum login is down?? And (b) it is for the weekend, and prolly will take my slow DSL 2000 the entirety of the weekend to download the damn thing. Oh well...

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Elikal

*cough* Apparently they are inviting Europeans now to beta too. *cough*

Only (a) I can't log into the website, it seems the forum login is down?? And (b) it is for the weekend, and prolly will take my slow DSL 2000 the entirety of the weekend to download the damn thing. Oh well...

It's everyone who registered before 11th Nov and the weekend hasn't been determined yet. So more waiting still to go :p