Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(POLL ADDED) I figured out how "UP" your chances in getting into weekend beta, I'll tell you how ins

Comments

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

I have a 2008 account in SWTOR website and didn't preorder untill yesterday. No beta invite.

Yes I applied for beta.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

No beta for me, I  havent pre-ordered.

• i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314

I recieved the pre order the day after it was available and I recieved a Beta invite to the first Beta weekend they had.

It seems as though the numbers in the poll are generally equal, so it seems as if it is a random system.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

I signed up at the start. Have not pre-ordered or got an invite.

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by DarkPony

Here's mine:

- did not preorder

- didn't sign up for beta access

- didn't sign up on the site yet either

I've been looking at my inbox for months now, not a single mail from Bioware though V_V

Hope that helps.

Thanks Pony that had me laughing for a bit lol

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Whoops! Just voted and look what's in my inbox. Change mine to pre-ordered with invite.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• goldenkeygoldenkey Member UncommonPosts: 98

This is a load of crap one thing I am convenienced of is the more betas you have done and provide useful data to the more betas you get into. It makes sense to me anyway that like any industry they keep list and trade those list around for cash or whatever. I have personally done quite a few betas and provide feedback all the time and I have found that over the years I get into more and more betas. So the bottom line is do the work of developing a reputation for being a useful tester and the beta invites will pour in.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Looks rather even tbh...I never got in though :(

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by goldenkey

This is a load of crap one thing I am convenienced of is the more betas you have done and provide useful data to the more betas you get into. It makes sense to me anyway that like any industry they keep list and trade those list around for cash or whatever. I have personally done quite a few betas and provide feedback all the time and I have found that over the years I get into more and more betas. So the bottom line is do the work of developing a reputation for being a useful tester and the beta invites will pour in.

Trading lists? Doubt. Besides its illegal. Its how you fill out the section "Additional comments/info" at the bottom of the beta application along with what list of games you gave them that you participated in betas in. And if you answer the question on the application about why should we invite you, with a response like,"I just want to try the game.", forget about getting into a beta.

But this beta invitation is pure random based on the sign ups. Consider this as a open beta, but for a weekend.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Warjin

Ok so before I start i'll tell my story, I pre-orded Sw:tor on Aug,23,2011 and waited for a beta invite and waited and waited, a few of my friends that did pre-order got the invite but not me, ok so this week 4 more of my friends got the invite that didn't even pre-order and I was like WTF.

Anyways that got me thinking, "maybeeeeee" they are giving out bets invites to people that didn't pre-order yet so they will pre-order the game, then I remembered I had a old account to swtor.com from way back in 2009 tied to a old e-mail account that I no longer use, so after about 30 mins of me trying to remember my old account password I loged into to my old e-mail account, and sure enough there it was a weekend beta invite.

I'm 100% convinced no matter what Sw:tor is telling us that the ones getting the beta invites first are the ones that did "NOT" pre-order the game, sure they might be doing random invites aswell for the ones that did pre-order but the ones that have a account on Sw:tor that did pre-order not get in first.

Test it out and see if you have a old account or did not pre-order yet, i'm willing to bet that you got a invite, 4 of my friends did and myself on a old account, this is more then a coincidence.

Haha, that's exactly how I got into the last beta. It was so cash.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by pwnasaurus

So are you insinuating that the distribution of keys is a marketing tactic to reign in more pre-orders through influencing undecided potential players with sweet, sweet beta action? If that's what you're after then I'd like to second my own notion(I can do that...) of creating a poll thread. I won't do it, of course, that would be absurd while I'm trying to enjoy the Skyrim hypepocalypse for the next few hours.

Since we have our tinfoil hats on; any other theories?

Huh, the poll shows something interesting. Skyrim is going to be cool.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

its a cash cow afterall.. would make sense to invite those who have not pre.oredered in order to get them pre.ordering the game.

Same with the youngster crowd who did pre.order.. lets get them in beta so they wont rage quite the pre.order.. you know how volitile can youngsters be..

Nevertheless, interesting poll for a change :]

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • JormagXJormagX Member Posts: 7

Didn't pre-order and got invite. Pretty sweet.

Umm, I think you're looking at this completely wrong.

There are a lot of people who haven't preordered as oppose to those have preordered.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Bioware is probably doing random invites for the most part. The fact that there are more people who haven't preordered but have an account on SWTOR.com means that you will probably see more people who haven't preordered but got an invite.

Like how do I explain this...

Lets say 7 out of 10 people did not preorder while the other 3 people did. (And all applied for beta)

The people who did not preorder have a higher chance of getting into beta simply because there are more of them.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Here's mine:

- did not preorder

I've been looking at my inbox for months now, not a single mail from Bioware though V_V

Hope that helps.

I thought I read on their site that they had a strict "no ponies allowed in beta" policy. Maybe that is the problem.

I've been a member of their site for a few years, pre-ordered but did not sign up for beta access. I was under the impression you had to actually sign up to be a tester to get invited to these weekends, not just pre-order.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Here's mine:

- did not preorder

Hope that helps.

I thought I read on their site that they had a strict "no ponies allowed in beta" policy. Maybe that is the problem.

I've been a member of their site for a few years, pre-ordered but did not sign up for beta access. I was under the impression you had to actually sign up to be a tester to get invited to these weekends, not just pre-order.

You are correct,

All the pre-orders get you is early access, anyone saying anything beyond this might want to show proof of this, but Bioware official stance is pre-orders get you early access, and as of recent up to 5 days, depending on when you entered your pre-order code.

The sign up for beta depicts the standards for getting into either the real beta or the beta weekend. These two, the pre-order and the sign up are mutually exclusive, merely signing up for the beta doesn't get you early access, and pre-ordering doesn't get you into beta.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• helliwanhelliwan Member Posts: 15

Lets not rush to conclusion they are probably doing database roll up which mean you have to be either patient or impulsive, since it is all about the force when it comes to starwars. Let the force decide if you have enough midichlorians in your blood to get into the beta and so on but overall, SWTOR is not a wow Killer not his purpose purely mass of fun and be sure to check your email inbox to find out it might surprise even the most nonnbeilievers of the force that they are magically invited to a week-end beta as we getting closer to its launching day.

Do not lose hope and may the force be with you.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Looking at the poll, I'd say that the OP's claim is wrong.  There seems to be an equal split among all three choices.

• TheDorTheDor Member UncommonPosts: 84

I pre-ordered the collectors edition immediately after it was announced and I have a beta invite. I think it is just purely random.

• nixvaldeznixvaldez Member Posts: 14

the first weekend beta tester i believe had second accounts which didnt have pre order plus last weekend invites where all missed up it shows they targeted non pre order but know i have a invite for my account with pre order on it :)!

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Everyone that has signed up prior to today is getting an invite. Yay to us all.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Originally posted by Benthon

Yeah I just got the email myself. It has no details on how to join though. Does this mean we are not in this weekends or what?

EDIT: I guess it does say upcoming..... boo and yay at the same time lol.

It has ItI guess

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by Lazarus71

Originally posted by Benthon

Yeah I just got the email myself. It has no details on how to join though. Does this mean we are not in this weekends or what?

EDIT: I guess it does say upcoming..... boo and yay at the same time lol.

It has ItI guess

Me too! I preordered two days ago and just got the mail, woot!

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

i just got an invite and i have not pre-ordered it.  Its funny though the site is down for maintenance after the invites went out.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

whooo hooo just got my beta invite , although it does not say which week end and site is down

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

I preordered a few weeks back and got an invite for this weekend's beta test.

I also just received an email notification saying I would be invited for another weekend test after this one -- details to be announced.

I think I like the idea of weekend testing over regular testing because I have beta tested other MMOs before and if you're being really serious about the game testing it's more like work than play -- which I suppose is the whole point.

A couple weekend beta tests would be good experience since I will not be able to see or do everything in the game and it will still seem fairly fresh when the Early Start opens.

~ Ancient Membership ~