Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im Bored...need a pvp fix!

2»

Comments

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

Oh..i ended up buying the King's Bounty series. So ive started on the first one now, "The Legend"...

I DO feel that i have the energy again to involve myself in a MMO actually. Both with a community, and doing quests.

Must be because i havent played MMORPG in a while now, and gotten a well deserved rest from grinding/questing.

So maybe SWTOR will do it for me after all...time will tell. ;)

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

The best PvP combat system is still, and has always been, WoW.  People pretend like its terrible, but it really does win hands down in a side by side comparison.  The only real challenger is Darkfall, and thats more because of the open-ended nature and focus of the game than the mechanics(which are clunky at best).

• Nimhlan1Nimhlan1 Member CommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by Draemos

The best PvP combat system is still, and has always been, WoW.  People pretend like its terrible, but it really does win hands down in a side by side comparison.  The only real challenger is Darkfall, and thats more because of the open-ended nature and focus of the game than the mechanics(which are clunky at best).

lol... No.

DAOC is the best pvp system. WoW is instanced battlegrounds which Rift does better and even then it doesn't compare to persistant 3 realm pvp with keeps, sieges, and the like.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Nimhlan1

lol... No.

DAOC is the best pvp system. WoW is instanced battlegrounds which Rift does better and even then it doesn't compare to persistant 3 realm pvp with keeps, sieges, and the like.

Um no, but you keep on hatin'
  • Nimhlan1Nimhlan1 Member CommonPosts: 21

lol... No.

Um no, but you keep on hatin'

There is no support for your weak argument.

WoW's pvp system is battlegrounds with capture the flag, capture and hold. That sh!t has been done a thousand times in other games.

DAOC has a persistant set of zones dedicated to pvp conflict with large keeps to capture, claimable by guilds. 3 factions all at war with each other. No instanced bullsh!t.

• McDougles1McDougles1 Member Posts: 35

You've NEVER played a true PvP experience unless you've gone 1v1 in an aerial dogfight, chasing your opponent down and blasting them to smithereens, just to have the chase turned on to you. 

ACE Online is good for that kind of unique MMO PvP experience, plus they just got a patch this last thursday. Here are the patch notes: http://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=35310

• cjtigncjtign Member UncommonPosts: 61

Have to admit i've played a lot of the games out there and I'd have to say some of the best are Perfect World (although HUGE reliance on cash shop), Knight Online (kinda old though).

And the newest one i'd say is Pandora Saga. Free to play, minimal reliance on cash shop. You can level to top level in 3 days, 27 classes, lots of skills, open pvp areas w/ bosses like colony zone in KO, Castle siege, and 2x a day wars, 3 nations, guild wars, honor system like Aion where you can become Archlord (which is still open for grabs!)

That being said I just started Pandora Saga really into it. Max lvl is 55, can get 30 in first day. Easy grind, focus is on end game pvp.

My in game name is Invincible, I'm on Barbatos Server in Empire Nation, my guild is very hardcore about helping new characters. They found me at lvl 10 and got me up max level and doing pvp runs w/ them and wars. Great game especially when someone helps u level.

Guild Name: SOS Brigade

Feel free to email me too if you are interested in playing, again great community, helpful to new players, all pvp, quick grind.

Email: [email protected]

-Invincible

Former Guild leader of Primal Instinct Gaming Services Network

2moons, Aion, Aika, Shaiya, Knight Online, Anarchy Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, Perfect World International, Corum Online, Runes of Magic

'Pking since Pong" 

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

There is no support for your weak argument.

WoW's pvp system is battlegrounds with capture the flag, capture and hold. That sh!t has been done a thousand times in other games.

DAOC has a persistant set of zones dedicated to pvp conflict with large keeps to capture, claimable by guilds. 3 factions all at war with each other. No instanced bullsh!t.

Yeah I keep hoping to see someone come out with an updated version of DAOC, instead we get instanced arena matches or battlegrounds that reward you win or lose.

Until someone can replicate DAOCs RvR system in a modernized MMO I'll be keep playing EVE for my PvP and Rift for my PvE.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I'd recommend Global Agenda. It's a shooter. But if you want don't want some thing that attention demanding aspect which you find in PVP. There's a casual PVE aspect to the game.

Made a video of it recently showing the open parts of Global Agenda where you can go at your own pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpbTZSSvD9Y

It's what's keeping me occupied until SWTOR.

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

Perpetuum, similar to Eve except with Robots.  Once you get to the PVP islands it's all about pvp, politics, and sh*t talking.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Ignore the dated graphics and shameful UI.

Go play the best pvp mmo ever made...  DAOC.

Its still a blast, its still the best, you adapt to the age quickly.

• CoolWatersCoolWaters Member UncommonPosts: 104

This has to be the saddest, and at the same time most humorous, post I've ever read on this website.

I'm sorry you've never experienced good player conflict to compare WoW's excuse for PvP.  Maybe someday you'll have that opportunity.

• UbudarUbudar Member Posts: 55

A good skill based PvP game is pirates of the burning sea.   I've played Dark age of camelot and i've played eve while both offer skill based pvp I just wanted something a little different.  So I went back and tried out Pirates of the burning sea and the pvp is by far the strong point of the game it also has really good sea combat graphics.   Get into a fleeting society and get leveled up to 50 in no time then switch to a pvp oriented society and enjoy pvp with actual risk vs reward.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

I am going to give a little bit of a positive view for Aion, after a few people have been detrimental about it.

The game has changed and it is debatable wether this is good or bad.

• They did add proctection to the early leveling areas to stop people ganking lowbies, though rifts are still up allowing spy quests to be completed. And every month or so they remove the protection allowing PvP rifting

• The grind has been dramatically reduced and even gear griding is a lot easier

• They added 2 new PvP arenas at lvl 46+

• World PvP it is frankly the best out there atm unless you are a hardcore darkfall fan

• Has extensive PvE: World bosses, instances, 10x the quests you need to do to level, items and crafting

• Has Extensive PvP: Arena's, Dredgion (PvPvE instances that opens 3x a day), World faction PvP, Sieges, the abyss and flying pvp

• 3.0 patch is just around the corner offering even more updates, though this is mainly PvE instances and sandbox elements like housing. But should still be enjoyable

• Has (other then FFIV characer modles) some of the best graphics out there

Its does have its faults

• Servers are not balanced, normally one faction dominates the other overall. This does not stop sieges and pvp taking place though. Though my server is Elyos dominated I fought 2 sieges today both of which were trying thanks to the balaur showing up!

• Some gear grind is there (been reduced!) and gear does make a noticable difference. Though a skilled player will always beat an unskilled

If you are looking for world PvP and a well rounded game. Then you are will be pressed to do better then Aion.

• ArforyonArforyon Member UncommonPosts: 7

Tough topic, im loking for the same with some friends but we just can't really find anything after play alot of games and what we find its still far from release. Lastly we played APB, wich is fun, its a really fun game with lots of potential but has plenty of bugs, a big part of the population uses aimbots and is pretty unbalanced is missions and other aspects.

Me and my friends are currently on hold, trying to figure what to play for the time beeing before we get our hands on SWTOR, wich seems quite cool, im not a fan of the combat (press 1, 2, 3... ) but its seems to be a pretty interesting game and will do until we get our hands on other upcoming games

Some examples of what seem to be great upcomin games with high all round potential and good pvp:

Planetside 2 (really promising)

Guild Wars 2

Star wars: the old republic online

Blacklight Retribution

Tera Online

Blade and Soul

The Secret World

Dust 514 (PS3)

These are worth keeping an eye on for when they release. But for the moment i don't really know, im in the same situation, i guess you could give a try to APB or League of Legends for some pvp matches.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Darkfall is the funnest MMORPG in the current market even with a low population and fear of a wipe imo. I can't think of anything funner that is out right now or even anything that will be coming out.

Guildwars is pretty fun for an instant-action grindless PVP game if you are into instanced battlegrounds.

Warhammer probably is the best option if you have to keep it free but it gets boring pretty fast.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA