Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: New Window, New Features

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The EVE Online blog has been updated with a new post called "Improvements to the Fitting Window" packed with news about ways players can check on the damage output of their ship.

Although keeping this vital information for ourselves for all those years (well, you had already figured this out with third party tools hadn’t you) might sound like a big joke, there were actual technical reasons for the delay, but that technical debt has now been paid in full with the introduction of something we call “Client Side Dogma”, which will be covered in full detail in a later blog. The gist of it is that it’s now much easier to correctly display how values are affected by skills, ships, implants and/or modules in the EVE client, which opens up the doors to a lot of cool (and in some cases way overdue) things.

Read the full post on the EVE Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Pretty cool I suppose.   I guess it's sort of like integrating a peice of EVE fitting tool inside the game on the fitting window.     Still, I imagine many players will still use EFT as they can get the same information (and more) without actually having to buy and fit the modules first.    

Another tiny step by CCP, but at least it's inching in the right direction.   Inching.....  slowly.  

;)

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110

Kinda useless.

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

Wish they would stop working on a better spreadsheet, and start working on making combat more exciting. In most ships (pretty much all of them) you do nothing but start up an orbit (or whatever you like to do to get your transversal up) and turn on your modules. Then spreadsheets and a random number generator determine the winner.

It's not how I envisioned a space battle after years of watching star wars, and playing awesome games like freelancer.

• TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182

Pretty cool

• TerminatusTerminatus Member Posts: 104

...everyone knows everything gets better after u hire a new decorator to change the old drapes...

No more rusted leaking pipes...

No more clogged toilet...

No more ceiling plaster crumbling...

Just get new drapes and voilá ;)