Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim - Reactions, Questions, News, Reviews - Post it all Here

AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Hi guys. As you may have noticed, there are a ton of Skyrim threads in here. So instead of having 10 threads on the first page, including duplicates, we're trying to centralize everything here. Many of us on staff are excited for Skyrim too, but we'd like to leave room for other game discussion in here as well. So this will be stickied for a little while, until things die down.

IGN review: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/331504/Review-of-Skyrim-up-on-IGN.html

Joystiq revew.

Kotaku first shot.

Gamespy review.

- courtesy WhiteLantern

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Fair enough and excited also.

But i wont read any review or watch any video wanne dig myself into game for next few months and experience it all by myself:)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

6 hours to go! image

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

IGN: 9.5/10

Gamespy: 10/10

PC gamer: 94/100

Gamespot: 9/10

It's looking like a masterpiece

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Is anyone else's download going really slow ?  I have fast internet but it's been downloading on steam for 6 hours and its only at 14%. average 50 KB/s normally im over 800.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Originally posted by Redcor

Is anyone else's download going really slow ?  I have fast internet but it's been downloading on steam for 6 hours and its only at 14%. average 50 KB/s normally im over 800.

I preloaded a last night and it was fast but when it updated (looks like a small update) it took alot longer only going at 100 kbs or KBs (whichever is bigger).

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I downloaded last night at 6.5mb/sec. I would guess their servers are jammed or maybe it could be your provider. Cordless phones can be an issue (depending on your router) if your using wifi.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Ive got it rather fast but already had the game yesterday morning so prolly not many downloading at the time.

Now something completely different Skyrim and the whole Elder Scroll series is the adventure and fanatsy i always want in games thats what bethesda gives me.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

Xbox 360 version has a Metacritic score of 96 making it tied for the 2nd highest rated game for the Xbox 360.

• lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111

I will be playing this on the xbox, but really I almost cant wait any longer its killing me.

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398

does anyone know if you can use the 360 gamepad for the PC version. I hear that the controls on keyboard and mouse aren't great so i was hoping to use my PC controler instead.

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166

Downloadin on 71 % cant weit to try it btw speed its slow only 250 kbps :P

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by vtravi

does anyone know if you can use the 360 gamepad for the PC version. I hear that the controls on keyboard and mouse aren't great so i was hoping to use my PC controler instead.

Yes, but I read it has to be an official Xbox 360 controlller.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Yeah you can, been using the 360 controller in it for the past couple of hours. Tbh the game is more suited to it than keyboard and mouse so far.

Some of the textures in the game are shockingly low on PC, hopefully they modders can sort that out soon.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I wish this game was an MMO. I just can't get into single player RPGs.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Kabaal

Yeah you can, been using the 360 controller in it for the past couple of hours. Tbh the game is more suited to it than keyboard and mouse so far.

Some of the textures in the game are shockingly low on PC, hopefully they modders can sort that out soon.

I was expecting to hear reports like this.  I'd like to hear more about how deeply the console disease has already spread and if it can be repaired by the modding community.  I don't want to waste my time on another shoddy port.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Hmm, I just bought the game from steam.  Just read the review from Gamespy and when I checked back my download is at 40%.  All seems to be going well.  I work today anyway, so the game should unlock when I come home tonight.

I feel giddy with excitement, lol.  Damnit. 

I beat Two Worlds 2 and the expansion this week.  Perfect timing!

• What kind of character is everyone going to play first? I'm still torn between making a straight up bruiser Nord focusing on 2-handed axes/heavy armor/smithing/enchanting, and a more hybrid Imperial spellsword who'll primarily use a sword in one hand and spells in the other wearing heavy armor. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Sawtooth

What kind of character is everyone going to play first? I'm still torn between making a straight up bruiser Nord focusing on 2-handed axes/heavy armor/smithing/enchanting, and a more hybrid Imperial spellsword who'll primarily use a sword in one hand and spells in the other wearing heavy armor. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time.

I started out fully intending to be a sword 'n board Imperial... tried magic for a few seconds then promptly made another character. Now i'm running around disintegrating everything with fireballs 2 hours later lol.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Beware SPOILERS.

Video Review:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-elder-scrolls/723800

Live Feed and/or 1st Hour (not sure):

http://www.gametrailers.com/hour-one/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

I started watching both but couldn't bring myself to continue, seemed to be spoiling way too much for me.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Steam FINALLY unlocked Skyrim here in EU (CET time zone), so just a few mins wait while it installs now.

Edit:

Hmm... small install for a modern game, only 5510 mb.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Downloading it as i type.

Although the gaming websites hand out their obligatory great scores, i've read alot of negativity from disappointed gamers.

Game literally stinks like console in too many aspects.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by MindTrigger

^Yea That^

Looks a great game tho, Just not into single players.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

skyrim is a great game but those anyone know if gamestop is open midnight to get a physical copy?

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Originally posted by MindTrigger

This.  

Since the MMO, I can't hardly play Single player RPGs.  I need the thrill of dealing with humans.

I self identify as a monkey.