Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm I alone!?

NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

I check this forum about once a month... not sure why. Too much love for my Old School DragonRealms I guess.

That game had so much going for it vs what we see today imo. Its class system was a combo of what most Themepark games use + sandbox games, at the same time. Not sure why so many mechanics and elements are not used across the "genre". Too many stiff and linear games out there. 

Note: Had a type in my topic, sorry.

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Nivisiru

I check this forum about once a month... not sure why. Too much love for my Old School DragonRealms I guess.

That game had so much going for it vs what we see today imo. Its class system was a combo of what most Themepark games use + sandbox games, at the same time. Not sure why so many mechanics and elements are not used across the "genre". Too many stiff and linear games out there. 

What in the world are you talking about? In such a random forum too?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

Simu, who was making this game made dragonrealms... so yeah.

• CorlandithCorlandith Member Posts: 1

Heh, yes, and Gemstone as well... I was so looking forward to HJ... I live in St. Louis, I need to run by the Simu offices and kick someone I guess, to vent my frustrations...

~C

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

This game as cancelled what - like 2 years ago.?

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Yep agree shame they didnt have the willpower to finish it. The Dragonrealms mechanices , skill and experience systems would have been great

• mmaizemmaize Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Isane

Yep agree shame they didnt have the willpower to finish it. The Dragonrealms mechanices , skill and experience systems would have been great

Could not agree more.  Loved the Dragonrealms mechanics...not so much the constant changing of rules especially the ones that made absolutely no sense. (Paladins carrying around two sets of armor after adding another armor req just for the purposes of slowing down their progression??) but that aside...mostly good stuff.