Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sequel to Lineage Announced! (TRAILER IS OUT)

YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

http://www.mmoculture.com/2011/11/gstar-2011-lineage-eternal-twilight.html

• Game is Titled Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance.
  • Trailer in few days from now onClosed Beta in 2012Story wise its a sequel to L1 covering a rise of of civilization. Through years after L1 the world has fallen into the hands of evil forces. Now with the evil empire crumbling down, its up to players to rise, to fully free the lands and, well, to rule over them and bicker over them as always.Similar focus as in L2 towards huge scale warfare, promising a WHOLE LOT more going on on screen than L2, with interactive objects, destructible environments and etc.Game is full 3d but is in isometric mode mostly similar to L1You can use grappling hooks, step on player bodies(which is useful since theoretically you could get up the castle walls by simply climbing piles of bodies) and etcCurrently three classes revealed: Warrior, Mage and Archer

EDIT:
http://event.plaync.co.kr/Gstar/2011/le/
THE OFFICIAL Lineage Eternal Trailer is out on the Gstar-preview website for LE.

YOu can also find it on PlayNC's official Youtube channel:

And yes. The trailer is 14 minute long.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
# A MASKED CRY ADORING
# A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

Comments

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

Isometric, in this day and age? That takes some courage...

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

It looks really cool! but it sucks that the screen is isometric...like in the Diablo series, but we will see it looks pretty good though.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Exilor
    Isometric, in this day and age? That takes some courage...

I think its nice to have an isometric game.

Isometric has nothing to do with the graphics or "age" of the game after all. Lineage 1 was perfect as isometric game and this game seems to follow L1, so its only natural

Also while game is isometric, camera is not fixed. You can fully rotate and zoom with it :)

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

wow i can't wait for more info on this title

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Return of the King !!!

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

This really could be something special, definitely keeping a close eye!

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I approve isometric view. It would be a good thing to have one high quality isometric game. Will keep a closer eye on this one.

Originally posted by thedarkess
    I approve isometric view. It would be a good thing to have one high quality isometric game. Will keep a closer eye on this one.

Agreed.

The overall market alone lacks good quality isometric games, especially in RPG genre and MMORPG genre pretty much has NO high quality isometric games.

Going by everything that is known for now, they seem to want to honor and follow in footsteps of L1, which is very good thing, considering L1 had more complex combat and more sandboxy, complex political system than L2.

Going by what is known this game seems to have more diablo-like combat system in that for example you cast fire and you could just drag your mouse around hitting everyone in vicinity with that fire for example.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Very interesting.  I have no problem with an isometric view either.

I just hope they learned their lessons from Lineage II as far as bots go.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• bazerionbazerion Member Posts: 23

How is this sequel to L2? more like sequal to lineage 1. I would rather keep playing lineage 2 than this.

Originally posted by bazerion
    How is this sequel to L2? more like sequal to lineage 1. I would rather keep playing lineage 2 than this.

Its a third game in Lineage franchise, coming after L2, improving upon both previous games, thus its a sequel to Lineage franchise.

Story-wise its a sequel to Lineage1 lore(which already is a sequel to Lineage2 lore), thus a third game storywise.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

It looks AWESOME! image

Thank you!

• popalxpopalx Member UncommonPosts: 90

Originally posted by ShredderSE

It looks AWESOME! image

Thank you!

QFT.

I'm a member of Coloholics Anonymous.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I like everything about this except for the camera why cant we just use the camera as we want like L2 that just seems a bit stupid, its a one step forward two steps back situation. I will reserve judgment until I try it but I am not very excited about the camera system.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

W,A,S,D I hope

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

very nice

I play RTS games, well Its been a good while but I always enjoyed them like WIC and COH.  Be interesting to see how this works.

Originally posted by kitarad
    W,A,S,D I hope

No clear indication, but most likely not.

With how combat works and the isometric camera angle, I find it hard to believe it would be WASD movement based :)

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Great, i'm glad they found a good alternative for their "stolen" project of lineage3, that IP is really nice. I usually trash talk L2 a lot but this game had as much great stuff than it had disasters like RMT and boting. Almost all pvp in mmo are based on their siege mechanism. So thumps up NC.

I like isometric a lot, really isn't a problem at all to me. The only real problem with iso view is when your toon is under a structure so it need to have some transparency mechanism or whatever, but they probably can put some camera movement, will be interesting to see how they deal with that.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Yuui

Originally posted by bazerion

Its a third game in Lineage franchise, coming after L2, improving upon both previous games, thus its a sequel to Lineage franchise.

Story-wise its a sequel to Lineage1 lore(which already is a sequel to Lineage2 lore), thus a third game storywise.

It is not a sequel in the fashion that most people think of it in games. That is it is not a replacement game nor is it an improved version continuation of the game. Storywise it may be thought of as a sequel however. There is a big difference. L2 was not intended to replace L1. They were very different in their game play. L3 is doing the same thing. it is not the same kind of game as L2 and not intended to replace it. This is probably why they are marketing it more as Lineage Eternal rather than L3. I think they only reason they mentioned it being L3 was to put to rest the idea that they were still working on another mmo that would replace L2 someday. L2 Goddess of Destruction IS the replacement for L2 The Chaotic Throne.

All die, so die well.

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

I wonder if besides classes it will have races. Also, if jumping will be possible.

Originally posted by Exilor
    I wonder if besides classes it will have races. Also, if jumping will be possible.

Jumping should be theoretically possible since you have stuff like grappling hooks, wall climbing, etc in.

Unknown about races, but going by lore you SHOULD have some races :) Its too early to say since the reveal itself has yet to happen at G*Star and what we are seeing is the REVEAL of reveal. :)

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Such a serious fail.  There's no way to legitimately justify a forced isometric viewpoint in 2011 and beyond.  We can only hope those screenshots don't indicate that the entire game will force players to play from that perspective.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Isometric View? I hope this idea will be throw to the trash bin before release.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

So much beef with the iso-view, ffs...

Do you all purposely avoid RTS' because you can't zoom in and worship yourself?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

So being a UO fan .. i am excited by the OPTION for Iso view ..  It does say that it is also fully 3d....for thise not reading the article and whining