Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does you still make play WoW?

Hi
i started wow in june last year with three friends and played until march this year.
Mostly we stopped playing because of our final exams in may but secondly because we weren't this type of gamer which loves to play the same raid over and over again! It's just boring after 4times seeing the same crappy shit all over again...

But my question is what does you guys keep playing?
I already thought about creating alts but that's boring isn't it? I mean ok, the first 30levels might be different but after those you'll mostly visit the same areas and do the same quests as you did with your first char?

Regards
Poly

Comments

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Did you even read this over to see if it made any sense? I was going to ask if English was your second language but your profile says you live in Montana. "What does you still make play WoW" Read that and tell me it makes sense?

• PolypropylenPolypropylen Member Posts: 30
    I'm from germany... Don't know why it says Montana sorry
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Hmm....

Not really sure why, but I somehow end up resubbed for 2-3 months each year, either to try out new dungeons from patches or level a new toon.  I guess my most recent stint is to get some BoA gear prepped for the next expansion....

I mean, come on.... humanoid pandas, martial arts, and a new area with asian influences?  Yeah, theres some machinima comedy gold waiting right there.  I am sure i'll be unsubbed in a month or two again anyways.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

What does question you this mean?  jkjkjk :p

I think he means: "Why do you guys continue to play WoW? or "What makes you continue to play WoW?" 

Carry on.  

• SysOpPsycheSysOpPsyche Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Polypropylen

Hi i started wow in june last year with three friends and played until march this year. Mostly we stopped playing because of our final exams in may but secondly because we weren't this type of gamer which loves to play the same raid over and over again! It's just boring after 4times seeing the same crappy shit all over again... But my question is what does you guys keep playing? I already thought about creating alts but that's boring isn't it? I mean ok, the first 30levels might be different but after those you'll mostly visit the same areas and do the same quests as you did with your first char? Regards Poly

The other players (the ones I get along with) not necessarily endgame or PvP/PvE.

I just float around and do whatever seems interesting and/or fun. I don't actually play anymore - unsubbed early spring but taking breaks from WoW is normal for me. Its something that can be fun but its lost most of its appeal years ago. Now, its really just a filler for when I can't find anything else and want to play with a consistent group of people that doesn't require a ton of investment to get back into (grinding/time). It barely serves that purpose anymore.

If you and your friends are looking for new ways to enjoy WoW you might consider Arena (sounds like 4 of you all-together) and last I knew 5man team Arena is one of the most challenging arena brackets in WoW but you can actually get similar entertainment in other games (MMO and multiplayer) that don't have a subscription cost to them.

• PolypropylenPolypropylen Member Posts: 30
    Totally sign what you wrote! Me and my friends will also resub for Pandaria! But what makes people play after completing the new content?

I'm a bit bored so i thought about resubbing for creating an alt because i could my toon some gold and so on. Because playing a mage is just waiting 45minutes for an instance and that really sucks! But idk....with alts you'll discover the same areas over and over again! Blizzard should create more different areas for the higher levels just as it is from 1-20^^
  • scragcatscragcat Member UncommonPosts: 94

production quality, art style (yes i know not everyone likes it but i do) and the classes are kinda fun...having enough fun with my 10 day cata trial that i havnt bothered logging back into ToR beta since.

..the only thing that wont keep me playing for long periods is the community..so painful still - i know there's a lot of good people but the antisocial miscreants are just so much more vocal and it hurts my brain seeing the dregs of hummanity in action.