Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back at it again

bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

I have once again taken the leap back into Everquest (damn you REK and your remenisent  videos lol). The Fippy server is not how I left it way back in May. The starter areas are not populated anymore (because of the expansion releases i'm sure). Even the commonlands dont seem half as populated.

Is there still life on the Fippy server? Is it only in the Frozen Velious lands? Is there a place for lone human 42 warrior still in the progressive server?

I ask because everyone I played with from the beginning of the opening of Fippy are not around and the ones in the guild i was in have not logged in since July.

If there are still any casual players or once a week raiding guilds around on the Fippy server, give me a shout.

I dont mind using ventrilo, and i'm not an abnoxious ass.. ... ... ... most of the time :) .

Work hard Play Harder

Comments

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110

Re-downloading it now, hoping I find something worth while when I log in.  However two days since your post, over a weekend, and no replies here to this question says a lot in and of itself.

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Fippy is the server to be, it's the more populated of the two.  You will likely want to look for an active guild, it really helps when you are in a guild (like the good 'ol days, you wanted to be in guilds).

Right now most people are higher than the level you are at, but if you are in a guild it will help with looking for group.  When Luclin opens, there should be an influx of people rerolling the vah shir race, so the newbie areas may fill up again.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

this may also help

fippy fansite forums

http://www.fippydarkpaw.com/forums/

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by Mardy

Fippy is the server to be, it's the more populated of the two.  You will likely want to look for an active guild, it really helps when you are in a guild (like the good 'ol days, you wanted to be in guilds).

Right now most people are higher than the level you are at, but if you are in a guild it will help with looking for group.  When Luclin opens, there should be an influx of people rerolling the vah shir race, so the newbie areas may fill up again.

The reason I made this post was to do just that, look for a guild to join. A warrior is pretty much dead in the water at lvl 42 without groups. Greens are risky prospects to solo for a warrior that is not boxing characters. I am not sure how you are to go about looking for a guild  without the newer tools (Guild Hall in Plane of Knowledge where you can post on a board).

I too was surprized that nobody answered my request for 2 days. My experience back over the weekend has been a bit disheartening. Most people just choosing to ignore you when you ask questions etc. I figured a run to the Great Divide and ultimately Thurgadin would be a good place to start looking for a guild/groupmates, but after the long run from Qeynos (without sow) I spent 45 minutes inside and outside of Thurgadin requesting (nicely i might add) for a bind, so that if i died i would not have to make that trek back. One max lvl Enchanter with epic in hand simply ran around me a few times and disapeared. Several other casters chose to just ignore my request for bind in OOC.

After logging a few times to play a new shaman i made, I did come across a few sociable newbies from Halas. None of which had any advise in finding a decent guild to hunt with. I dont give up easily so i will give the game a few more weeks to see how things pan out. I will try to come back to this forum to post about it weekly.

Work hard Play Harder

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

This is the wrong forum to be to expect posts regarding EQ unfortunately.  You want to check out either the fippy community forum that nadia linked above, or SOE's official forum.  It's my experience not many EQ players frequent this forum as compared to the other ones.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

This is the wrong forum to be to expect posts regarding EQ unfortunately.  You want to check out either the fippy community forum that nadia linked above, or SOE's official forum.  It's my experience not many EQ players frequent this forum as compared to the other ones.

Several months ago I would have said you were wrong as I did connect with several people who were enjoying the progression server, but it seems that has changed in the "now".

I thank Nadia and you for your responces.

Work hard Play Harder

Originally posted by bumfman

Several months ago I would have said you were wrong as I did connect with several people who were enjoying the progression server, but it seems that has changed in the "now".

I thank Nadia and you for your responces.

**UPDATE**

Well sticking it out I did happen across a guild that fits my liking. It helps that the Luclin expansion is now live and things are easier to get with the bazar (not to mention better prices on things). The guild is small but they are a friendly lot that dont mind helping each other with players from all corners of the earth.

There are so many people that stopped playing the game for several years that have come back to get into the expansions as they release. Of all the high tech games and new bells and whistles out there in the MMO genre, Everquest just has a really decent community that just keeps enduring.

Just in case there are still people out there that come to this little blog for Everquest information, give it another go on progression to get a feel of how it was way back when. Sony has given the first 16 expansions out for free now, so even if you dont want to play progression, you have all of the expansion up to and including Underfoot just for resubbing.

The guild I found is named Midnight Pyre on the Fippy server. If you want to get in with a bunch of new or recently resubbed friendly people please look one of the officers up in game. The guild management tools are pretty old school (until Dragons of Norath gets released) for now, but they have a website and ventrilo channel .

Hope to see ya there :)

Work hard Play Harder