Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are villain quests supposed to be tougher?

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

It seems like so far, quests for a Hero usually involve a 1-2 story building that can be done in about 30 minutes.

But villain ones are much more involved, usually 3-4 stories that can take an hour or more to clear.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

No, Villain story arcs are much more streamlined, all in the same zone, and generally shorter. Hero story arcs give you the run around and can be excessively long. With more experience in the game, you will see this is true.

Now, from an actual difficulty standpoint, Villain story arcs are generally harder than Hero arcs. However, they both pale in comparison to Praetorian story arcs which are the most difficult of all (due to errors in mob design not scaling them appropriately for low levels).

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I also think you run into tougher enemies earlier on the villain side. I find it is fairly even at the end, praetoria as noted is another story.

The one other dramatic disparity is heroes protecting the banks v. villains robbing it. Robbing is much much harder.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Longbow ambushes make it harder to rob banks.  Not sure why they haven't addressed it yet lol. 

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I guess "tougher" is really the wrong thing I was complaining about, it's really the length. Like 1-2 hours to finish a Villain mission (as I said, they tend to be 4 floors vs 2 or so.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

On average, Villian missions were written well after Hero ones. So they may be more involved in that they are more likely to have multi-tiered steps. It's also possible the maps average longer because of things like Sewer->Cave->Office Building break-in setup. But then Villains also get robbery setups which are often super-short.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

When I first played CoV, when it was released. It seemed that the starting mobs were alot harder to take down then the Heroes starter mobs. Heroes could take down a starting mob in 2-3 strikes. While a villain had to do twice as many strikes.

But as I said, thats how I experienced it years ago. I've played a little when CoX went "free". But did not really pay much attention to those parts then.

But to asnwer your question; I dont know if Villains are harder then Heroes.